Thread of better quality food options (UK)

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Raw A2 Milk delivered to most places Milk Boxes

1620376161639.png

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Amazing, thanks. Have you tried it? How does it taste/digest? Great find.
Tastes great. Very rich so might be too fatty for people who prefer a lower fat diet. The 13 bottle box is pretty good value I think, works out around £2.28 a litre including delivery. Can easily freeze some but it will last at least a week in the fridge when its raw.

ScottyVP

I used Cliftons milk when I lived that way, absolutely superb milk, the best I've ever had.

golder

I used Cliftons milk when I lived that way, absolutely superb milk, the best I've ever had.
Definitely going to give this farm a go. The very few raw milks I’ve found are naturally high in fat. I’m trying to lose a few pounds and follow rays advice of low fat where possible. What’s the best thing to do here do you think? Skim off the top layer of fat from the milk each time I open the carton, or is that not a good idea? Thanks for these great UK products, let’s keep it going!

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Definitely going to give this farm a go. The very few raw milks I’ve found are naturally high in fat. I’m trying to lose a few pounds and follow rays advice of low fat where possible. What’s the best thing to do here do you think? Skim off the top layer of fat from the milk each time I open the carton, or is that not a good idea? Thanks for these great UK products, let’s keep it going!
Just depends how much milk you’re drinking. If you’re using it as a main protein source then the fat (and calories) is going to build up quick. You will be able to skim some off though. Or maybe lose fat from elsewhere in your diet if you’re trying to restrict it.

ScottyVP

Their milk is very fatty as the whole herd is (or was) Jersey and Guernsey which for me is just too much if drinking lots. Easy solved though as it separates quickly, I used a big 'sun tea' jar with a tap at the bottom to pour skimmed milk leaving the cream at the top. The cream I used in coffee and what was left I used made butter/ghee in a blender and used the buttermilk for pancakes

golder

Their milk is very fatty as the whole herd is (or was) Jersey and Guernsey which for me is just too much if drinking lots. Easy solved though as it separates quickly, I used a big 'sun tea' jar with a tap at the bottom to pour skimmed milk leaving the cream at the top. The cream I used in coffee and what was left I used made butter/ghee in a blender and used the buttermilk for pancakes
Fantastic idea, cheers man. Going to get myself the glass kilner bottle with the tap at the bottom!

Samya

If you like honey and chocolate, check out this wonderful creation. Just honey and low fat cacao powder, stir into warm milk for instant milk chocolate.

Rowse Choco Bee

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Great idea. Raw cream should last ages so could save up to make ice cream too.

ScottyVP

Great idea. Raw cream should last ages so could save up to make ice cream too.
Raw cream clabbers very quickly. I was too lazy to use the cream for anything other than ghee that I could bottle and giveaway

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Been eating a lot of honeydew melon lately. 95p a piece in Aldi, usually nice and ripe/sweet, especially if you leave on a windowsill that gets sun for a couple of days. 360Kcal, around 80g of sugar, with a pretty decent nutrient profile.

1620552724311.png
1620552737400.png

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

I highly recommend trying Waitrose’s Matice Melon. It’s unbelievably sweet and juicy
We don't have a Waitrose near us unfortunately. Until recently Tesco did a snowball melon that was superb, always really sweet and juicy. Seem to have stopped them now though. Pound for pound Aldi honeydews are great value, they are usually double the price in other supermarkets.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Good UK source of Masa Harina. I haven't eaten it for a while but have seen more people on the forum discussing it. I used to get this one. They do bulk buy too and a nice blue corn one.

M

metabolizm

Been eating a lot of honeydew melon lately. 95p a piece in Aldi, usually nice and ripe/sweet, especially if you leave on a windowsill that gets sun for a couple of days. 360Kcal, around 80g of sugar, with a pretty decent nutrient profile.

View attachment 23372 View attachment 23373

A truly ripe honeydew melon is something special. I like to wait until the shell - or whatever you call it - is starting to soften and the sweet fragrance is coming through. Most supermarkets sell them unripe, with totally inaccurate “use by” dates on them.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Nice organic dark chocolate in Aldi with no crap for £1.49.

Attachments

• 93843E74-5BA5-447C-B355-7D5B51A9DC27.jpeg
    93843E74-5BA5-447C-B355-7D5B51A9DC27.jpeg
    695.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DAB07EE0-4935-49DE-AA77-261E36A4FCC7.jpeg
    DAB07EE0-4935-49DE-AA77-261E36A4FCC7.jpeg
    530.7 KB · Views: 31

reality

M&S do a small selection of fancy ice creams that are made with Jersey milk. Although they do have gums, colours and other crap additives, if you don’t handle A1 dairy well and want to treat yourself then they could be an option

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals