The performance enhancing effects of erythromycin

JohnHafterson

Methylene blue does nothing noticeable for me and B1 gives me hives. To maximise athletic performance, my favourites are caffeine, sugar and beta alanine, pre/during exercise (ie all three before, sugar during, possibly more caffeine it's particularly long duration).
Interesting re beta alanine. I've been taking Carnosine 1000 mg a day for past few months and 1500 mg more recently after a heavy day and it feels like my exercise capacity and recovery are quicker so I can do back to back days easier. I think carnosine/beta alanine help muscles buffer lactic acid, improve mitochondrial function, and moderate stress of physical activity among other things.

Last edited:

eimearrose

Interesting re beta alanine. I've been taking Carnosine 1000 mg a day for past few months and 1500 mg more recently after a heavy day and it feels like my exercise capacity and recovery are quicker so I can do back to back days easier. I think carnosine/beta alanine help muscles buffer lactic acid, improve mitochondrial function, and moderate stress of physical activity among other things.
Beta alanine is well known to increase carnosine concentration in the muscle, which acts as a pH buffer. AFAIK carnosine is much more expensive than beta alanine but ultimately supplementation of either does the same thing. I use two 1.5g doses daily, and time those doses close to exercise if it's going to be really hard ie a race. Generally I just use it at morning and evening meal as it works chronically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals