The performance enhancing effects of erythromycin

Mauritio

This study looked at the performance enhancing effects of erythromycin and other anti-biotics in mice, with some pretty interesting results.

Erythromycin was very effective at increasing the swimming time in mice.

"After intragastric administration for 3consecutive days, erythromycin showed a steady dose-effect relationship in forced-swimming time, with a significant increase at a lower
dose of 5 mg/kg/d and nearly 4 folds elevation at dose of 30 mg/kg/d (Fig. 1A). Other macrolide antibiotics tested, i.e. clarithromycin at 30mg/kg/d (Fig. 1B), roxithromycin at 30 mg/kg/d (Fig. 1C) and acet￾ylspiramycin at 100 mg/kg/d (Fig. 1D) also showed a significant improvement in this fatigue model."

Even at the lowest does the swimming time of the mice almost doubled and at the higest dose it more than quadrupled.
The lowest dose was a HED of 30mg and the highest about 180mg. Erythromycin often comes in 250mg tablets, so this is absoultely achievebale. And even a microdose had great effects on swimming endurance.

Interestingly other macrolides didn't perform as well, so there must be something special to erythromycin.
This is one of the most impressive performance enhancing effects I've seen so far, allthimaine was even more effective: Allithiamine increases physical performance 7-fold, increases glycogen storage and glucose utilization)
Screenshot 2023-07-05 20.02.09.png

Part of the mechanism was an increase in size and number of mitochondira. It also seems to evolve around a protein called orosomucoid (ORM),which has been shown to increase performance before.

Next they looked at glyocgen and ATP levels.

Erythromycin was able to significantly increase muscle and liver glycogen levels. Muscle glyocen was increased about 60%.
Even more impressive was the incerase of ATP in the muscle: it increased more than 500% !
Screenshot 2023-07-05 20.19.36.png

- Erythromycin has therapeutic efficacy on muscle fatigue acting specifically on orosomucoid to increase muscle bioenergetics and physiological parameters of endurance

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@Hans made a video about how erythromycin can increase Testosterone and treat depression by killing testosterone-degrading bacteria ,so that's another way how erythromycin increases performance:

-
View: https://youtu.be/gyRK4c7GNww

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

exile

Interesting read, thanks for posting. I got some a while back and considered taking recently for prokinetic effects. Have you taken before, what kind of dosage?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Interesting read, thanks for posting. I got some a while back and considered taking recently for prokinetic effects. Have you taken before, what kind of dosage?
For me even low doses have a strong androgenic and hypoglycemic effect. I think it might also give rise to a fungal issue I have ,but that is the case with every anti-biotic.

exile

For me even low doses have a strong androgenic and hypoglycemic effect. I think it might also give rise to a fungal issue I have ,but that is the case with every anti-biotic.
Thanks. Was planning on just like 50 mg or so for the first dose to make sure no ill effects. That is is interesting about the hypoglycemic effects. I’ll keep an eye on that.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Thanks. Was planning on just like 50 mg or so for the first dose to make sure no ill effects. That is is interesting about the hypoglycemic effects. I’ll keep an eye on that.
Yeah that is plenty. I just took 25mg yesterday and I felt effects.
Yes and also the fungal issue. If someone experiences symptoms of fungal overgrowth, you could take something anti-fungal with it. I noticed that quinones (lapodin, black cumin, K2) have a strong anti-fungal effect. Caprylic acid as well ,but less strong.
Theoretically erythromycin should be anti-fungal as well, but I suspect its anti-bacterial effects outweigh the anti-fungal effect.

Hans

Forum Supporter
This study looked at the performance enhancing effects of erythromycin and other anti-biotics in mice, with some pretty interesting results.

Erythromycin was very effective at increasing the swimming time in mice.

"After intragastric administration for 3consecutive days, erythromycin showed a steady dose-effect relationship in forced-swimming time, with a significant increase at a lower
dose of 5 mg/kg/d and nearly 4 folds elevation at dose of 30 mg/kg/d (Fig. 1A). Other macrolide antibiotics tested, i.e. clarithromycin at 30mg/kg/d (Fig. 1B), roxithromycin at 30 mg/kg/d (Fig. 1C) and acet￾ylspiramycin at 100 mg/kg/d (Fig. 1D) also showed a significant improvement in this fatigue model."

Even at the lowest does the swimming time of the mice almost doubled and at the higest dose it more than quadrupled.
The lowest dose was a HED of 30mg and the highest about 180mg. Erythromycin often comes in 250mg tablets, so this is absoultely achievebale. And even a microdose had great effects on swimming endurance.

Interestingly other macrolides didn't perform as well, so there must be something special to erythromycin.
This is one of the most impressive performance enhancing effects I've seen so far, allthimaine was even more effective: Allithiamine increases physical performance 7-fold, increases glycogen storage and glucose utilization)
View attachment 52605

Part of the mechanism was an increase in size and number of mitochondira. It also seems to evolve around a protein called orosomucoid (ORM),which has been shown to increase performance before.

Next they looked at glyocgen and ATP levels.

Erythromycin was able to significantly increase muscle and liver glycogen levels. Muscle glyocen was increased about 60%.
Even more impressive was the incerase of ATP in the muscle: it increased more than 500% !
View attachment 52606

- Erythromycin has therapeutic efficacy on muscle fatigue acting specifically on orosomucoid to increase muscle bioenergetics and physiological parameters of endurance
Really interesting stuff.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Any other performance enhancers in your opinion? Tough to get erythro.

If I'm fatigued but still want to do a heavy/long mountain bike session after a previous hard day I'll take 500mg aspirin, monster energy 140mg caffeine, 1-2mg methylene blue, and maybe 100mg thiamine an hour before my ride.

The Effects of Caffeine and Aspirin on Mood and Performance
High dose B1 (500mg+) + sodium bicarbonate (1/2 to 1tsp). Succinic acid and inosine can also help. Mullberry is also an interesting one. Also liver.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

If I'm fatigued but still want to do a heavy/long mountain bike session after a previous hard day I'll take 500mg aspirin, monster energy 140mg caffeine, 1-2mg methylene blue, and maybe 100mg thiamine an hour before my ride.

Check out the allithiamine thread I linked . It is even even more effective than erythromycin.

Also some of the old Russian nootropics have good performance enhancing effects .

golder

Check out the allithiamine thread I linked . It is even even more effective than erythromycin.

Also some of the old Russian nootropics have good performance enhancing effects .
Does Allithiamine outperform TTFD?

Which of the Russian nootropics spring to mind for their performance enhancement? Phenylpiracetam?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Does Allithiamine outperform TTFD?

Which of the Russian nootropics spring to mind for their performance enhancement? Phenylpiracetam?
I dont know, but i doubt it.

I think it was bromantane that was banned by WADA and meldonium as well (pyrucet might work) , but also (phenyl)piracetam.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Erythromycin as some great effects on my mood and testosterone symptoms, like i feel more confident and my muscles look fuller . A downside is that it seems to increase my hairloss and it has been shown to inhibit bile acids, which is not good for me. Taking some 5aDHP alleviates the bile and hair issue to a degree, but not fully. I might combine it with something like black cumin or lapodin since theyre anti-fungal and hair protective.

JohnHafterson

Erythromycin as some great effects on my mood and testosterone symptoms, like i feel more confident and my muscles look fuller . A downside is that it seems to increase my hairloss and it has been shown to inhibit bile acids, which is not good for me. Taking some 5aDHP alleviates the bile and hair issue to a degree, but not fully. I might combine it with something like black cumin or lapodin since theyre anti-fungal and hair protective.
Saw 1 study with topical emodin .1% working pretty well on hair growth/recovery. Another study mentions emodin helping with androgenic alopecia (AGA) working through 5a reductase.

How are you taking Lapodin?

Last edited:

golder

Saw 1 study with topical emodin .1% working pretty well on hair growth/recovery. Another study mentions emodin helping with androgenic alopecia (AGA) working through 5a reductase.

Wow, nice. Assuming a 100ml glass bottle spray filled up with 100ml of water, how many drops of lapodin would we add to roughly equate to a 1% solution? (Forgive my mathematical ineptitude)

JohnHafterson

I think you would need to know emodin's concentration/percentage by volume in Lapodin and then dilute the entire mixture down to get .1%

If Lapodin was 10% emodin by volume just dilute by 100 times.

If Lapodin was 1% emodin by volume just dilute by 10.

Easiest to ask Haidut but he's a busy guy.

Last edited:

golder

Unsure would need to know percentage/concentration of emodin in Lapodin compared to other unlisted mg ingredients: DMSO, alcohol.

We know the emodin and lapachone amounts in mg but need to know DMSO and ethanol amounts.

Option A ( complicated ) - Hypothetically loosely you could weigh a full bottle of Lapodin and an empty bottle and go from there. Substract bottle weight and figure out emodin/lapachone servings and their mg totals and substract from total fluid weight in mg to get DMSO/ethanol weight and figure it out.

Option B ( easier ) - ask Haidut concentration by volume. Lol...
Haidut’s inundated with interviews/podcasts/questions these days so very rarely answers which is a bit frustrating, but that’s what ultimately happens when you create so much value. Failing that, can anyone take a rough guess, I’m sure we won’t be exact, but we won’t be a million miles out.
@haidut

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I take it orally . I thinks it's the anti fungal effect that helps.

eimearrose

Methylene blue does nothing noticeable for me and B1 gives me hives. To maximise athletic performance, my favourites are caffeine, sugar and beta alanine, pre/during exercise (ie all three before, sugar during, possibly more caffeine it's particularly long duration).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals