Testosterone

Dante

I'm not a fan of TRT. It converts into estrogen too easily. And moreover, the CAUSE of low T isn't addressed when you just take TRT. If you fix the metabolic underlying issues, testosterone can easily double or triple. I think it is a really bad way to go until you've figured out what is causing low T and tried to fix it.

Same as for instance taking insulin. I would fix diabetes in any way possible, if I had type 2, without resorting to insulin.

I've found that men taking T always experience issues with it. And some are quite serious.

Also, the fact is there are many men throughout the world who function just fine, and are perfectly masculine, with T that is more like 300 or so.

Testosterone levels among Aché hunter-gatherer men : A functional interpretation of population variation among adult males. - PubMed - NCBI

Salivary testosterone levels were measured in a population of New World indigenous adult hunter-gatherer males in order to compare circulating levels of free unbound bioactive steroid with those previously reported among Boston and nonwestern males.

The study population consisted of adult Aché hunter-gatherer males (n=45) living in eastern Paraguay.

Morning and evening salivary testosterone levels (TsalA.M.; TsalP.M.) among the Aché were considerably lower than western values (Boston) and even lower than other previously reported nonwestern populations (Efe, Lese, Nepalese).

No association was observed between height, weight, or age and salivary testosterone levels within the Aché group, although older men (ages>40) were poorly represented in the study sample.

Nevertheless, a mild correlation was observed between Aché Tsal A.M. levels and BMI (r=0.133,p=0.0725).

Comparison of Aché values with those for other populations confirms the prevalence of significant interpopulational variation in testosterone levels among adult males.

Interpopulational variation in male testosterone is not as great, however, as has been documented for ovarian steroids among females, nor is it likely that such variation reflects differences in male fecundity.

Nevertheless, such interpopulational variation in salivary testosterone levels may have a functional significance in the regulation of protein anabolism in skeletal muscle, thereby affecting the overall energy budget of the organism. It is suggested that relative suppression of average testosterone may be adaptive under conditions of chronic energy shortage.
-----

Here is a comparison. Now admittedly, these Ache men may have parasites and bugs, but on the other hand they are physically active and may have some advantages over those living in, say, Boston:

2016-03-21_14-36-51.png
I think the conversion to DHT is what matters rather than the T level itself. I doubt serum DHT levels correlate with tissue levels as T locally converts to DHT in cells and tissues. Besides the benefits is actually from how much to T,DHT is binding to cell(say AR) rather than the serum levels itself. Tubzy once took an AR receptor antagonist, his T and E2 levels were same but got massive estrogenic effects

What do you mean he hasn't written about testosterone? :openmouth:

I bought the book "Testosterone for Life" by Morgentaler.

I wrote an email a few months ago and writing an article on Testosterone. No reply.

Anybody here take Testosterone? I take 200 mg of a depot injection every 2 weeks.

I figured since Peat was a man he would write about this most important hormone.
You shouldn't be taking every 2 weeks. Take 100 mg every week.

OP
S

Syncopated

I have been on TRT for 7 months. I believe that keeping steady testosterone in system is important for mental/physical health while on TRT.

My thing with your protocol.... 200mg every two weeks is you are going to see huge ups and downs. The several days after your injection you may feel great.
You may even feel awful and feel better as week goes on.

On cypionate, every 2-3 days with 100mg per weeks seems like the norm. So 2 or 3 injections per week.

No, not necessary as my cypionate is a depot version, slow release suspension in oil. The T is slowly absorbed from the oil, takes effect after a couple days and lasts about 12 days. Two week cycle with 200 mg of depot T is about perfect.

No, not necessary as my cypionate is a depot version, slow release suspension in oil. The T is slowly absorbed from the oil, takes effect after a couple days and lasts about 12 days. Two week cycle with 200 mg of depot T is about perfect.
What is your T level?

OP
S

Syncopated

I'm not a fan of TRT. It converts into estrogen too easily. And moreover, the CAUSE of low T isn't addressed when you just take TRT. If you fix the metabolic underlying issues, testosterone can easily double or triple. I think it is a really bad way to go until you've figured out what is causing low T and tried to fix it.

Same as for instance taking insulin. I would fix diabetes in any way possible, if I had type 2, without resorting to insulin.

I've found that men taking T always experience issues with it. And some are quite serious.

Also, the fact is there are many men throughout the world who function just fine, and are perfectly masculine, with T that is more like 300 or so.

Testosterone levels among Aché hunter-gatherer men : A functional interpretation of population variation among adult males. - PubMed - NCBI

Salivary testosterone levels were measured in a population of New World indigenous adult hunter-gatherer males in order to compare circulating levels of free unbound bioactive steroid with those previously reported among Boston and nonwestern males.

The study population consisted of adult Aché hunter-gatherer males (n=45) living in eastern Paraguay.

Morning and evening salivary testosterone levels (TsalA.M.; TsalP.M.) among the Aché were considerably lower than western values (Boston) and even lower than other previously reported nonwestern populations (Efe, Lese, Nepalese).

No association was observed between height, weight, or age and salivary testosterone levels within the Aché group, although older men (ages>40) were poorly represented in the study sample.

Nevertheless, a mild correlation was observed between Aché Tsal A.M. levels and BMI (r=0.133,p=0.0725).

Comparison of Aché values with those for other populations confirms the prevalence of significant interpopulational variation in testosterone levels among adult males.

Interpopulational variation in male testosterone is not as great, however, as has been documented for ovarian steroids among females, nor is it likely that such variation reflects differences in male fecundity.

Nevertheless, such interpopulational variation in salivary testosterone levels may have a functional significance in the regulation of protein anabolism in skeletal muscle, thereby affecting the overall energy budget of the organism. It is suggested that relative suppression of average testosterone may be adaptive under conditions of chronic energy shortage.
-----

Here is a comparison. Now admittedly, these Ache men may have parasites and bugs, but on the other hand they are physically active and may have some advantages over those living in, say, Boston:

2016-03-21_14-36-51.png

That study is corrupt propaganda and baloney. There is no way Boston city dwellers T levels compare to bushmen. Sorry.

OP
S

Syncopated

What is your T level?

I don't know. I only had my T checked once and that is from last July. My doctor never did tell me what the level was, he only said it was mostly all bound and I was only at 30%.

I have since bought the book "Testosterone for Life" by Morgentaler and now understand the level. My doctor just wrote a fresh 420 day prescription for me last month so I won't be seeing him for a while. I know my moderate dose is safe and know that T is heavily suppressed by the media and medicine.

Last edited:
@Syncopated

I didn't mean to talk about a subject I don't have any idea about

But back in my country
I have 6 friends
All of them were on steroid ( I believe trt)
And all of them when they get married they couldn't have a baby

And one of after spending years with doctors
He got a daughter

I would like to read that book to learn more but I would like to hear

Your opinion
And @ecstatichamster
And @Social anxiety
And @DaveFoster as well
Whenever YOU CAN PLEASE

I don't know. I only had my T checked once and that is from last July. My doctor never did tell me what the level was, he only said it was mostly all bound and I was only at 30%.

I have since bought the book "Testosterone for Life" by Morgentaler and now understand the level. My doctor just wrote a fresh 420 day prescription for me last month so I won't be seeing him for a while. I know my moderate dose is safe and know that T is heavily suppressed by the media and medicine.
Do you know your T before TRT?

OP
S

Syncopated

What do you mean he hasn't written about testosterone? :openmouth:

There is not one single article about Testosterone on his website. It's all about estrogen, progesterone, pregnelone, DHEA and thyroid concerning hormones.

redlight

Most men that are on proper dosages of TRT (usually 50-60mg 2x a week) do not have estrogen problems and do not need aromatase inhibitors

DaveFoster

@Syncopated

But back in my country
I have 6 friends

He got a daughter

Your opinion
And @ecstatichamster
And @Social anxiety
And @DaveFoster as well
Whenever YOU CAN PLEASE
There are a few ways to raise T and DHT without directly taking either. See here of course: Raising Serum Androgens Using DHEA, Pregnenolone, And Vitamin K

Pregnenolone can be helpful if you're suppressed. Vitamin E can restore fertility due to old age and high estrogen. (400 - 800 IU should be somewhat effective.)

sprinter

Dude how do you know looking
and no admiration of one's own body or other males is the key to not converting T into estrogen.

What?!

What a bizarre and random thing to say. You have to provide some studies for this, if you're going to present such an odd thing as fact.

As if I'm doing everything right and my testosterone is going up, but then I admire my chesticles and start converting to estrogen.

There is not one single article about Testosterone on his website. It's all about estrogen, progesterone, pregnelone, DHEA and thyroid concerning hormones.

Hmm indeed... but I can say I've seen him mention it quite a bit, in writing and word.

bruschi11

If you want help with TRT pm me.

200mg Every other week is not a good idea. Horrible actually if you want consistency in your life.

Twice a week would suit most fine. 50mg per and adjust by symptoms. Most will need some sort of aromatase inhibitor (arimidex, aromasin, I just use androsterone/5a-DHP now). If you want to keep your nuts and fertility you'll need HCG.

All I know is that 200mg every other week just seems horrible and most experiences I've read about with that type of dosing just doesn't go well.

Ron J

@Syncopated

But back in my country
I have 6 friends

He got a daughter

Your opinion
And @ecstatichamster
And @Social anxiety
And @DaveFoster as well
Whenever YOU CAN PLEASE
Why is that? Assuming their testicles went back to normal, do you or anyone else know why?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals