Testosterone

Syncopated

I bought the book "Testosterone for Life" by Morgentaler.

I wrote an email a few months ago and writing an article on Testosterone. No reply.

Anybody here take Testosterone? I take 200 mg of a depot injection every 2 weeks.

I figured since Peat was a man he would write about this most important hormone.

NathanK

Ray doesnt agree with testosterone being the most important hormone. I tend to agree and think it's largely overhyped due to a segment of the population that believe increased muscle size is the end all to health. The following govt regulations, and more recently TRT marketing hype, have only increased awareness. This is coming from a former power lifter, competitive athlete, and member of military spec ops community.

Many men on this forum tend to believe DHT is the most potent male hormone and that it does not get near the attention it deserves. Conversely, it is demonized by medicine and the alopecia crowd. If anything, Ray has done more research on the female gender. You can read a book about it.

OP
S

Syncopated

Sorry I should have stated that I emailed Peat and got no response.

Perhaps he is preparing an article now and it takes him this long to get the research and references sorted out.

Yes, I have been involved in Peat.com for the last 12 years now. Have read all his articles, some many times.

OP
S

Syncopated

Nathan,

Were you eating PUFA while lifting like fish and chicken?

Also lifting itself is stressful for bodybuilding. High adrenaline and cortisol. Most avoid salt, are gluttons and loaded with endotoxin and promote estrogen by looking and admiring their own bodies etc.

The amount of testosterone taken in cycling bodybuilding is also too much and they have too much body fat and aromatase expression during gain cycles because of their gluttony.

Mito

From what I remember testosterone converts to estrogen via aromatase, whereas dihydrotestosterone doesn't.

IMG_0622.JPG

bruschi11

I have been on TRT for 7 months. I believe that keeping steady testosterone in system is important for mental/physical health while on TRT.

My thing with your protocol.... 200mg every two weeks is you are going to see huge ups and downs. The several days after your injection you may feel great.
You may even feel awful and feel better as week goes on.

On cypionate, every 2-3 days with 100mg per weeks seems like the norm. So 2 or 3 injections per week.

I use a compounded testosterone cream. Because I had some low cortisol issues. I believe this was best as cortisol essentially digests the testosterone for you and without sufficient cortisol, I had to go slow and steady with my T supplementation.

Bloodwork is huge in testo therapy. Will say that. Cortisol, pregnenolone, t3, estradiol, DHT are some things you want to look at.

OP
S

Syncopated

What is the difference between DHt and T

Why dont you take DHT?

Price. I have my Testosterone prescription from an M.D. He tested me and found that I was only at 30% of what I should be at.

I get my testosterone cheap from my Canadian drug plan. 1 10ml vial lasts me 70 days and only costs me $2.00/vial.

Peat may say that T isn't as important as other hormones but the public doesn't know that because he has failed to write about it. If you avoid PUFA(most important), don't lift too much, keep your eyes off your own body and other male bodies if your at the gym, then 400mg of T every month is wonderful.

I only lift once a week. I train my entire upper body only, I don't train my legs as I walk a good amount. I also only do 1 set for each upper body part till near failure which works out to about 6-10 reps each. I follow the advice of Mike Mentzer from the 80's except I don't go to failure like he did.

I suggest reading the book by Morgentaler called "Testosterone for Life" and until Peat writes an article refuting the research in this excellent Harvard book, well I will stay blissful and confident in my ignorance. Karon Powers M.D. Also is very up to date on T.

OP
S

Syncopated

This is a massively incomplete and simple chart of steroid metabolism

Yes Amen. No PUFA, T3 thyroid, aspirin, low body fat, moderate only lifting and no admiration of one's own body or other males is the key to not converting T into estrogen.

Mito

This is a massively incomplete and simple chart of steroid metabolism
Wasn't meant to be complete rather to illustrate Tenacity's statement about conversion to estrogen.

I'm not a fan of TRT. It converts into estrogen too easily. And moreover, the CAUSE of low T isn't addressed when you just take TRT. If you fix the metabolic underlying issues, testosterone can easily double or triple. I think it is a really bad way to go until you've figured out what is causing low T and tried to fix it.

Same as for instance taking insulin. I would fix diabetes in any way possible, if I had type 2, without resorting to insulin.

I've found that men taking T always experience issues with it. And some are quite serious.

Also, the fact is there are many men throughout the world who function just fine, and are perfectly masculine, with T that is more like 300 or so.

Testosterone levels among Aché hunter-gatherer men : A functional interpretation of population variation among adult males. - PubMed - NCBI

Salivary testosterone levels were measured in a population of New World indigenous adult hunter-gatherer males in order to compare circulating levels of free unbound bioactive steroid with those previously reported among Boston and nonwestern males.

The study population consisted of adult Aché hunter-gatherer males (n=45) living in eastern Paraguay.

Morning and evening salivary testosterone levels (TsalA.M.; TsalP.M.) among the Aché were considerably lower than western values (Boston) and even lower than other previously reported nonwestern populations (Efe, Lese, Nepalese).

No association was observed between height, weight, or age and salivary testosterone levels within the Aché group, although older men (ages>40) were poorly represented in the study sample.

Nevertheless, a mild correlation was observed between Aché Tsal A.M. levels and BMI (r=0.133,p=0.0725).

Comparison of Aché values with those for other populations confirms the prevalence of significant interpopulational variation in testosterone levels among adult males.

Interpopulational variation in male testosterone is not as great, however, as has been documented for ovarian steroids among females, nor is it likely that such variation reflects differences in male fecundity.

Nevertheless, such interpopulational variation in salivary testosterone levels may have a functional significance in the regulation of protein anabolism in skeletal muscle, thereby affecting the overall energy budget of the organism. It is suggested that relative suppression of average testosterone may be adaptive under conditions of chronic energy shortage.
-----

Here is a comparison. Now admittedly, these Ache men may have parasites and bugs, but on the other hand they are physically active and may have some advantages over those living in, say, Boston:

2016-03-21_14-36-51.png