Testimonial For Niacin - It Just Works

Goobz

Thanks for the success story. I sometimes take niacin sometimes don’t. It has a strong effect on me, but with some side effects so results are mixed. It tends to give me orthostatic hypotension and also cause unpleasant chills after the flush subsides. It takes away my appetite, then letter on I eat more than usual. I’ve read it helps insulin sensitivity after 2 hrs, then causes insulin resistance afterwards. Nicotinic acid that is.

Even when it’s clearly working, Niacin has so many actions, on metabolism, the cardiovascular system, the immune system, infections, etc, it can really be hard to work out which pathways it’s working on.

I doubt it’s ever just a B3 deficiency. The fact that Nicotinic acid sometimes has effects when nicotinamide doesn’t, would support this.

Last edited:
OP
redsun

redsun

Tried taking niacinamide and it's making me depressed... Is this due to some nutrient deficiency? Or is it just unmasking underlying emotions by lowering serotonin?

I have had stronger emotions lately. Usually I am emotionally blunt. I believe the reduction of catecholamines that B3 can cause may relieve the lock up of emotions. We often like to lock up anger, sadness, and other negative emotions. When noradrenaline and adrenaline are reduced the suppressed emotions can reveal themselves. Also did you have adequate carbs with it? I had very strong drop in blood sugar effects from niacinamide compared to niacin. B3 should be eaten with adequate food and carbs.

If niacinamide is still causing depression I would suggest trying niacin. Hard to be depressed after niacin flush, believe me. I am more chipper but also get more angry, annoyed, excited etc. I basically feel everything way more now.

OP
redsun

redsun

Thanks for the success story. I sometimes take niacin sometimes don’t. It has a strong effI ct on me, but with some side effects so results are mixed. It tends to give me orthostatic hypotension and also cause unpleasant chills after the flush subsides. It takes away my appetite, then letter on I eat more than usual. I’ve read it helps insulin sensitivity after 2 hrs, then causes insulin resistance afterwards. Nicotinic acid that is.

Even when it’s clearly working, Niacin has so many actions, on metabolism, the cardiovascular system, the immune system, infections, etc, it can really be hard to work out which pathways it’s working on.

I doubt it’s ever just a B3 deficiency. The fact that Nicotinic acid sometimes has effects when nicotinamide doesn’t, would support this.

True, but B3 seems to be able to do things other vitamins can't. Its likely never "just" B3 deficiency, but just taking B3 has done a hell of a lot more then any other vitamin or mineral. Takes me back to where I was saying before that niacin is likely an important limiting factor in many bodily processes more so then any other nutrient. I have attempted zinc, B1, P5P together for stomach acid and only B3 was able to improve stomach acid. I am sure if I started taking those three with niacin again it might be even better.

Goobz

True, but B3 seems to be able to do things other vitamins can't. Its likely never "just" B3 deficiency, but just taking B3 has done a hell of a lot more then any other vitamin or mineral. Takes me back to where I was saying before that niacin is likely an important limiting factor in many bodily processes more so then any other nutrient. I have attempted zinc, B1, P5P together for stomach acid and only B3 was able to improve stomach acid. I am sure if I started taking those three with niacin again it might be even better.

Yep, it’s certainly absolutely critical. The amount of different conditions that seem to respond favourably to supplementation shows a lot.

I find it interesting that the latest and greatest anti aging supplement - one that in mice at least has had incredible benefits, made old mice out perform young mice on treadmills, old female mice regain fertility, reverse cognitive changes with age, etc - is simply a different form of B3

lampofred

how much you taking? I don't think it should be doing that, maybe it is increasing your metabolism and you aren't calorically fueled enough? Do you take the other B vitamins? I am wary of taking individual vitamins, so for now I'm taking energin that has most of the other B vitamins with it in ratios that Haidut himself has said is the optimal ratio. Taking B3 alone is supposedly the safest B vitamin to do so with, but I still wonder if long term it is wise in absence of the other B vits.

That or maybe try just plain niacin?

I've been sipping on a 500 mg capsule split open & mixed with water. I don't think it's hypoglycemia, but I do think it's unmasking nutrient deficiencies all around... since it lowers FFA and forces you to run on sugar, it turns off the slowed, starvation metabolism and makes you operate at full-speed, which I'm guessing is unmasking all sorts of deficiencies and increasing emotional sensitivity.

I have had stronger emotions lately. Usually I am emotionally blunt. I believe the reduction of catecholamines that B3 can cause may relieve the lock up of emotions. We often like to lock up anger, sadness, and other negative emotions. When noradrenaline and adrenaline are reduced the suppressed emotions can reveal themselves. Also did you have adequate carbs with it? I had very strong drop in blood sugar effects from niacinamide compared to niacin. B3 should be eaten with adequate food and carbs.

If niacinamide is still causing depression I would suggest trying niacin. Hard to be depressed after niacin flush, believe me. I am more chipper but also get more angry, annoyed, excited etc. I basically feel everything way more now.

Yeah I just read that it lowers methylation, which basically is a numbing & lowering of awareness as a result of prolonged starvation and stress. So taking B3 makes unmasks all nutrient deficiencies and magnifies emotions. I realize it's not that I need to stop taking this, it's that I need to figure out how to rebuild my reserves so that I can handle the niacinamide without problems.

Man I'm so grateful I found Dr. Peat. I would've been a starving, emotionless, degenerating robot if not for him. How on earth would I have figured out PUFA, aspirin, coffee, niacinamide, all this stuff otherwise.

I'm hesitant to take niacin because whenever I do things that Dr. Peat explicitly warns against, I usually end up regretting it in the long-run, even if it feels fine in the short-term.

Last edited:
OP
redsun

redsun

I've been sipping on a 500 mg capsule split open & mixed with water. I don't think it's hypoglycemia, but I do think it's unmasking nutrient deficiencies all around... It lowers FFA and forces you to run on sugar, so it turns off the slowed, starvation metabolism and makes you operate at full-speed, which unmasks all sorts of deficiencies and increases emotional sensitivity.

Yeah I just read that it lowers methylation, which basically is a numbing & lowering of awareness as a result of prolonged starvation and stress. So taking B3 makes magnifies all suppressed emotions and all nutrient deficiencies. I realize it's not that I need to stop taking this, it's that I need to figure out how to rebuild myself so that I can handle the niacinamide without problems.

Man I'm so grateful I found Dr. Peat. I would've been a starving, emotionless, degenerating robot if not for him. How on earth would I have figured out PUFA, aspirin, coffee, niacinamide, all this stuff otherwise.

I'm hesitant to take niacin because whenever I do things that Dr. Peat explicitly warns against, I usually end up regretting it in the long-run, even if it feels fine in the short-term.

I avoided niacinamide due to multiple side effects from it. What's important is if it works for you, regardless of the type of B3. Just be wary if you keep dealing with the depressed state from niacinamide over a longer period of time. Its not good for anyone to linger in that kind of state.

Cirion

Well, keep in mind 500 mg is a pretty heavy dosage. 20 drops of energin is 100 mg. Haidut said in an interview with Jodelle that just the 100 mg may be enough for up to 5 days, at least in a healthy person. So 500 mg is like almost a whole month dosage in one go, lol. This conclusion was made based upon measurement of CO2, which is one reason I am planning to buy a capnograph, at least if I get this job that I interviewed for, as I'll have more than enough finances to justify the cost of it, not to mention the health benefits once I can finally directly measure my CO2 levels... Keeping temp and pulses and up is definitely one thing but getting CO2 to 6-7% saturation is the other vitally important thing.

TeslaFan

I've been taking Niacin now for over a year, and since then never went back to Niacinamide. No flushing with wax-matrix niacin, plus it releases niacin slower over longer period of time. Once or twice a month I still get a small flush with some types of food/spices that seem to decompose the pill faster.

OP
redsun

redsun

@redsun Have you seen improvements other than digestion? Libido, waking temps etc?
Better blood flow and vascularity, more drive to just get up and go, better mood for the most part. Better recovery which is definitely related to blood flow. Generally minor compared to digestion. I may see more non-digestive benefits in time but I think it will be mainly digestion improved and therefore anything directly or indirectly related to it should improve as well over time.

Rand56

@redsun I had a 250mg capsule of niacin last night with food, and although I had a very mild flush reaction, felt it mostly around my ears, it was a delayed reaction. Felt it almost 2.5 hours after I took it with food, which I thought was strange. If you know, can a delayed response be somewhat normal with some people? Can it imply that I'm more deficient in B3?

Vinny

Thank you, redsun. That sounds very promising. Haven,t felt much, if anything at all, from niacinamide, will give the niacin a go next time. Must purchase.

OP
redsun

redsun

@redsun I had a 250mg capsule of niacin last night with food, and although I had a very mild flush reaction, felt it mostly around my ears, it was a delayed reaction. Felt it almost 2.5 hours after I took it with food, which I thought was strange. If you know, can a delayed response be somewhat normal with some people? Can it imply that I'm more deficient in B3?

Well yes, because the niacin has to leave the stomach to be absorbed. It takes a few hours for the stomach to start emptying based on what and how much you ate.

Thank you, redsun. That sounds very promising. Haven,t felt much, if anything at all, from niacinamide, will give the niacin a go next time. Must purchase.

Yes give it a go. I just want to stress consistency. It may take longer to see digestive improvements but I do believe without a doubt if you have GI issues like indigestion, poor appetite for meat, bloating, etc then niacin will begin to fix that it can just take some time depending on the individual.

Spartan300

The exercise capacity/recovery is interesting. I've trained with weights for 30+ years and now after probably the most stressful 5 years of my life exercise just makes me feel worse.

Think I'll give niacin a go. Niacinamide hasn't seemed to do much but I've not been that consistent with it as I haven't really noticed any effect.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Vinny

Yes give it a go. I just want to stress consistency. It may take longer to see digestive improvements but I do believe without a doubt if you have GI issues like indigestion, poor appetite for meat, bloating, etc then niacin will begin to fix that it can just take some time depending on the individual.
@redsun,

In my local store, there is niacin, indicated as "non flush". Will this kind work the same?

OP
redsun

redsun

The exercise capacity/recovery is interesting. I've trained with weights for 30+ years and now after probably the most stressful 5 years of my life exercise just makes me feel worse.

Think I'll give niacin a go. Niacinamide hasn't seemed to do much but I've not been that consistent with it as I haven't really noticed any effect.

Assuming that you have already experimented with Bs in general, taking extra niacin may help as it helps energy production as a whole.
@redsun,

In my local store, there is niacin, indicated as "non flush". Will this kind work the same?

It won't act the same way though I think its still counts as B3. I would look for the regular flush, at least thats what I used and I can personally attest to its effectiveness. Its often called niacin or nicotinic acid.

Ron J

@redsun
If I try, should I be concerned with fat gain?
What if I do high dose just once or twice a week? With a nutrient dense diet, do you think that may help maintain niacin levels for better bile/digestion?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals