Terrance McKenna The Eugenicist? Psychedelics, Feminism And Transhumanism

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

The initial curiosity was about their use as truth serum agents. Before they were marketed as psychedelics and later entheogens they were known as schizophrenogens and pshycotomimetics. The later terms were part of the "set". Mescaline was synthesized in 1890 and was pretty well known, for example Alistair Crowley (likely MI5 agent) wrote about using it.

"On his arrival in prison, he was given psychological tests used to assign inmates to appropriate work details. Having designed some of these tests himself (including the "Leary Interpersonal Behavior Inventory"), Leary answered them in such a way that he seemed to be a very conforming, conventional person with a great interest in forestry and gardening.[73] As a result, he was assigned to work as a gardener in a lower-security prison from which he escaped in September 1970, saying that his non-violent escape was a humorous prank and leaving a challenging note for the authorities to find after he was gone.

For a fee of $25,000, paid by The Brotherhood of Eternal Love, the Weathermen smuggled Leary out of prison in a pickup truck driven by Clayton Van Lydegraf.[74] The truck met Leary after he'd escaped over the prison wall by climbing along a telephone wire. The Weathermen then helped both Leary and Rosemary out of the US (and eventually into Algeria). [75] He sought the patronage of Eldridge Cleaver and the remnants of the Black Panther Party's "government in exile" in Algeria, but after a short stay with them said that Cleaver had attempted to hold him and his wife hostage.[76]

In 1971, the couple fled to Switzerland, where they were sheltered and effectively imprisoned by a high-living arms dealer, Michel Hauchard, who claimed he had an "obligation as a gentleman to protect philosophers"; Hauchard intended to broker a surreptitious film deal.
[52] In 1972, President Richard Nixon's attorney general, John Mitchell, persuaded the Swiss government to imprison Leary, which it did for a month, but refused to extradite him to the United States."

Things like this don't happen to mild mannered Harvard professors unless it's well orchestrated or a movie. You should check out the old podcasts on gnosticmedia.com on the subject, and the webbrain, there's really not any room for doubt at this point that the entire drug counterculture was an MK-ULTRA type project top to bottom from at least 1955 to the present day.

Robert Forte, who possibly might be one of the rare innocent people in the scene said on GM that he though Leary had second thoughts later in his career but couldn't seem to extract himself from it.
To that point, aren't there several instances of popular musicians of that time being sons or daughters of high level military men within the U.S. Army? jim morrison sticks out most, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading about several others.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

The initial curiosity was about their use as truth serum agents. Before they were marketed as psychedelics and later entheogens they were known as schizophrenogens and pshycotomimetics. The later terms were part of the "set". Mescaline was synthesized in 1890 and was pretty well known, for example Alistair Crowley (likely MI5 agent) wrote about using it.

"On his arrival in prison, he was given psychological tests used to assign inmates to appropriate work details. Having designed some of these tests himself (including the "Leary Interpersonal Behavior Inventory"), Leary answered them in such a way that he seemed to be a very conforming, conventional person with a great interest in forestry and gardening.[73] As a result, he was assigned to work as a gardener in a lower-security prison from which he escaped in September 1970, saying that his non-violent escape was a humorous prank and leaving a challenging note for the authorities to find after he was gone.

For a fee of $25,000, paid by The Brotherhood of Eternal Love, the Weathermen smuggled Leary out of prison in a pickup truck driven by Clayton Van Lydegraf.[74] The truck met Leary after he'd escaped over the prison wall by climbing along a telephone wire. The Weathermen then helped both Leary and Rosemary out of the US (and eventually into Algeria). [75] He sought the patronage of Eldridge Cleaver and the remnants of the Black Panther Party's "government in exile" in Algeria, but after a short stay with them said that Cleaver had attempted to hold him and his wife hostage.[76]

In 1971, the couple fled to Switzerland, where they were sheltered and effectively imprisoned by a high-living arms dealer, Michel Hauchard, who claimed he had an "obligation as a gentleman to protect philosophers"; Hauchard intended to broker a surreptitious film deal.
[52] In 1972, President Richard Nixon's attorney general, John Mitchell, persuaded the Swiss government to imprison Leary, which it did for a month, but refused to extradite him to the United States."

Things like this don't happen to mild mannered Harvard professors unless it's well orchestrated or a movie. You should check out the old podcasts on gnosticmedia.com on the subject, and the webbrain, there's really not any room for doubt at this point that the entire drug counterculture was an MK-ULTRA type project top to bottom from at least 1955 to the present day.

Robert Forte, who possibly might be one of the rare innocent people in the scene said on GM that he though Leary had second thoughts later in his career but couldn't seem to extract himself from it.
https://www.amazon.com/Weird-Scenes-Inside-Canyon-Laurel/dp/1909394122

Badger

Attachments

• Inside The LC_The Strange but Mostly True Story of Laurel Canyon.docx
    236.5 KB · Views: 16
OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

The attached file has, I believe, the same content as the Amazon item. The attached is a freebie I found on the web a while ago. I read the series over the course of years when it was getting published. Author of it is deceased, unfortunately, as he was extremely gifted.
Thank you Badger! That's great

Sucrates

To that point, aren't there several instances of popular musicians of that time being sons or daughters of high level military men within the U.S. Army? jim morrison sticks out most, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading about several others.

Yeah, Mc Gowan is a good reference for that. I haven't read his book but the had blog with a lot of the data on it at one point. The Police are another one, and The Animals.

https://www.gnosticmedia.com/manufa...cial-engineering-by-joe-atwill-and-jan-irvin/

Badger

When I first read the series, when it was coming out serially a few years back on the web, my first impression or question was: who among these rock groups was NOT connected to the military in some way? It seemed everybody who was any good was. What Peat said in a recent newsletter about CIA involvement in academics is just one domain. They have tried to influence much more, in the arts and, as I pointed out with references in a another post, literature. I am certain they have done so in much more, but they have not yet been caught. McGowan's work points to the tip of the ice berg.

Yeah, Mc Gowan is a good reference for that. I haven't read his book but the had blog with a lot of the data on it at one point. The Police are another one, and The Animals.

Manufacturing the Deadhead: A Product of Social Engineering... by Joe Atwill and Jan Irvin - Gnostic Media

Sucrates

@Sucrates interesting you found gnostic media. Seriously good truth telling outlet.

Yeah. I've had very strange overlaps with gnosticmedia. I think I picked it up around podcast 6. A lot of the things Jan investigated I was looking into too, and around the same time, though from different angles. I sort of picked up what was going on in that scene while in Peru around the same time Jan was finding the initial references on Wasson. We've had similar health issues too. It really is amazing how much he has dug up over the years.

The attached file has, I believe, the same content as the Amazon item. The attached is a freebie I found on the web a while ago. I read the series over the course of years when it was getting published. Author of it is deceased, unfortunately, as he was extremely gifted.
Glad I didn't buy that LOL

Travis

Nice article. This is worth reading. I decided to do some spelunking and found this declassified MK-ULTRA document dated 1956 and basically describing plans for the chemical characterization of Rivea corymbosa (morning glory) seeds, now known to contain lysergic acid amide.

MK-ULTRA Subproject 22: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/DOC_0000707674.pdf

The names are blacked-out, but Dr. Albert Hoffman published a report four years later on this same subject. I think he was the beneficiary of the CIA's "research stipend" of $4,000.

Hofmann, A., and H. Tscherter. "Isolation of lysergic acid alkaloids from the Mexican drug ololiuqui (Rivea corymbosa (L.) Hall. f.)." Experientia 16 (1960): 414-414.

The CIA was certainly involved in LSD; this is undisputable. Here is a quote from the Gnostic Media article:
The Invisible landscape, which is essentially an attack on thought, an attempt to get the youth of America to believe there is no truth, also talks about using psychedelics and ending critical thinking to bring about the apocalypse:
I haven't read that book, but McKenna does say this about relativism. I find this to be diametrically-opposed to the above⇧ excerpt.

And John Lennon is other character that seems genuine to me but who is also had (has?) questionable involvement with the CIA. Here is a John Lennon quote:
We must always remember to thank the CIA and the Army for LSD. That's what people forget. Everything is the opposite of what it is, isn't it, Harry? So get out the bottle, boy -- and relax. They invented LSD to control people and what they did was give us freedom.
Think of all the bifurcations that LSD has caused, from Kary Mullis to Steve Jobs. Ray Peat's articles could be a partial result of LSD. Is the CIA capable of ever orchestrating an event that has backfired? or are they really as omniscient as the some people seem to think? There are people who know more about LSD than whoever happens to be heading the CIA. After all, they define "intelligence" as the art of espionage and control.

I took LSD once and I thought there was something to it.

Even if the psychedelic movement has it's genesis in the CIA, this is still a better culture than what you get from television. Layers of control seem to working in all genres, from death metal to Micheal Jackson. Cultural debasement and subliminal messages have even been seen in Disney movies.

The comment section for the Gnostic Media article is far longer than the article itself. I am looking forward to reading that as well.

Last edited:
OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Nice article. This is worth reading. I decided to do some spelunking and found this declassified MK-ULTRA document dated 1956 and basically describing plans for the chemical characterization of Rivea corymbosa (morning glory) seeds, now known to contain lysergic acid amide.

MK-ULTRA Subproject 22: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/DOC_0000707674.pdf

The names are blacked-out, but Dr. Albert Hoffman published a report four years later on this same subject. I think he was the beneficiary of the CIA's "research stipend" of $4,000.

Hofmann, A., and H. Tscherter. "Isolation of lysergic acid alkaloids from the Mexican drug ololiuqui (Rivea corymbosa (L.) Hall. f.)." Experientia 16 (1960): 414-414.

The CIA was certainly involved in LSD; this is undisputable. Here is a quote from the Gnostic Media article:

I haven't read that book, but McKenna does say this about relativism. I find this to be diametrically-opposed to the above⇧ excerpt.

And John Lennon is other character that seems genuine to me but who is also had (has?) questionable involvement with the CIA. Here is a John Lennon quote:

Think of all the bifurcations that LSD has caused, from Kary Mullis to Steve Jobs. Ray Peat's articles could be a partial result of LSD. Is the CIA capable of ever orchestrating an event that has backfired? or are they really as omniscient as the some people seem to think? There are people who know more about LSD than whoever happens to be heading the CIA. After all, they define "intelligence" as the art of espionage and control.

Even if the psychedelic movement has it's genesis in the CIA, this is still a better culture than what you get from television. Layers of control seem to working in all genres, from death metal to Micheal Jackson. Cultural debasement and subliminal messages have even been seen in Disney movies.

The comment section for the Gnostic Media article is far longer than the article itself. I am looking forward to reading that as well.
I think the problem is, at least for me, the misconception of godliness that LSD provides. You think of an imagine and you manifest it in the form of hallucinations. Once sober you have to make meaning of this illusion of power, and I found that I was mistaking meaningless coincidences for signs of something sacred, which is pretty much what a schizophrenic experiences. But you want it to be meaningful and you want it to be true, and that's enough to drive someone crazy.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

I meant to say you think of an image, not think of an imagine.

I think the problem is, at least for me, the misconception of godliness that LSD provides. You think of an imagine and you manifest it in the form of hallucinations. Once sober you have to make meaning of this illusion of power, and I found that I was mistaking meaningless coincidences for signs of something sacred, which is pretty much what a schizophrenic experiences. But you want it to be meaningful and you want it to be true, and that's enough to drive someone crazy.
After almost losing my mind after mushrooms I have been thinking that maybe the people who are using psychedelics "just to party" are actually better off than people like myself. I was absolutely serious with the spiritual stuff i wanted from them.
So yeah I've been thinking maybe the seth rogen-type people who just take mushrooms etc for the laughs actually have a healthier relationship with the stuff than the spiritual seeker type people. :grin

x-ray peat

The fact that people found LSD useful or as Lennon said freeing is exactly what the CIA would have wanted as long as users kept to themselves and disengaged from political activity."Turn on, tune in, drop out" and become a generation of Deadheads. If your enjoying the ride, all the better.

Lennon btw was no friend to the workingman but was very much an insider. The song Imagine is a blue print for the NWO. Atwill does a nice write up on I Am The Walrus which actually celebrates genocide.

Badger

Talking about MK-Ultra. Washington Times has newly published some background on it plus a good tidbit about the CIA employing prostitutes to slip clients LSD:

"One MK-Ultra project involved CIA-run brothels in San Francisco and New York City, established specifically to study LSD’s effects on unsuspecting adults. The theory was that LSD might have use as a truth serum to force enemy agents to talk. According to declassified documents and Senate testimony, Project Midnight Climax ran in San Francisco from 1955 to 1965 on Telegraph Hill, a short walk from North Beach’s rowdiest bars. There, CIA-employed prostitutes served acid-laced cocktails to men they lured. The L-shaped building boasted erotic wall art by French artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, sweeping waterfront views and recording devices disguised as electrical outlets. Bedrooms also featured two-way mirrors to allow observers, supervised by a Bureau of Narcotics agent who doubled as a CIA operative, to watch. Regardless of the experiments’ legality, CIA analysts initially greeted the work enthusiastically. Operatives reported that it helped refine sexual blackmail tactics, surveillance technology, LSD’s use in interrogations and how to better use empathy as an investigation tactic. But Project Midnight Climax soon grew beyond the control of its handlers, with brothel operatives later admitting that they had dosed unsuspecting subjects at nearby restaurants, bars and beaches. In one case, a U.S. marshal held up a San Francisco bar with his service revolver after an MK-Ultra agent slipped LSD into his bourbon and soda."

Acid flashback: CIA’s mind-control experiment reverberates 40 years after hearings

Sucrates

There's a quote somewhere, I think it's audio of Leary on gnosticmedia, laughing about how there were no spiritual LSD experiences until they injected that meme into the culture. Then you look at Huxleys connections, his "soma", and the timeline of those elements.

Travis

The Jan Irvin article:
It is also notable that two individuals associated with the Grateful Dead were once employees of the CIA’s MK-ULTRA program--band member and lyricist Robert Hunter [15], and author Ken Kesey[16] whose “Merry Pranksters” were often at the Grateful Dead shows promoting LSD use to the “Deadheads.”
He stating that Key Kesey was an employee of a CIA program. He never calls him an agent, but a serious charge nonetheless.

If you follow that footnote you will find that it simply takes you to Kesey's New York Times obituary. No mention of the CIA is made by The New York Times in that article. I have seen nothing indicating that Kesey was ever paid by the CIA besides the $75 he got from being a one-time LSD guinea pig.†

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest was a seriously good book. I can't see how this would advance the CIA's agenda. Jan Irvin seems to seriously berate anyone in the comment section for challenging him. He uses profanity in all caps and is constantly hyperlinking his trivium ***t, ostensibly both as an appeal to authority and for self-promotion.
So you’re not claiming that you don’t think we treated the concept fairly? I’m not sure you understand your own language. Please also study the trivium material so that you can understand language more clearly: http://www.triviumeducation.com
When you put on their dress, do their dance, remove yourself as they want, fμck in the mud and are DISTRACTED with BS, you’re being manipulated. Let me take a guess, and I’m just speculating, but you have no farm, no ranch and no family of your own? Am I correct? Do you have children? Have you started building anything real and of value? I’m in doubt.
Let me put it to you very simply: You, Marc, are a victim of the CIA’s MKULTRA program. You’re starting to awaken. Sure you went to lots of parties and were high and fυcked and all…but what did you gain? Did you build a family a life, something that doesn’t require government? Something that doesn’t care what government is in office or if the whole system collapsed would it bother you in the least? Why not? Was it about keeping you DISTRACTED from building a real life for yourself? How does that make you feel? Happy?

Jan Irvin has written a 2,800 page book on Albert Einstein. Here are some quotes by someone* who has glanced over it:
Scanning the beginning few pages of text, which mostly consist of ad hominem assertions (which may or may not be true), the first thing I noticed was that there are no footnotes. Jan, being the diligent researcher that you are, did this not make you suspicious?

Let me quickly point out that there are a few footnotes later on (not re the assertions that start the text), but in my view (see what you think) if you’re going to write a revisionist history of a much beloved historical figure like Albert Einstein, you ought to go out of your way to make your sourcing intelligible and easily accessible. Especially so if you’re going to begin your 2,800 pages with the words ‘Racist physicist Albert Einstein…’

It matters not what follows in this first sentence: Jan, if you actually read this whole book… no wait, I was supposed to have studied it, not just read it, so I assume you did likewise…

But I’m getting ahead of myself (I really want to finish this up)…

There are source notes, plenty of them, in the back (given the page length, waaaay in the back). But ok, giving the author as much of a break as I could, I looked for an assertion in the first few pages that should be clearly sourced. I picked the 1919 eclipse observation by Eddington and others described on pages 12-13, and which (according to the press) verified Einstein’s predictions about the bending of light by gravity. I already knew there were some doubts about the accuracy of the eclipse observation, so I expected to easily find the author’s source for referring to the observation and everyone involved as frauds.

Jan, I did my best with the book’s sourcing. I expected that the first claim in the text (‘Racist physicist Albert Einstein…’) would be covered in one of the first three source notes. Such was not the case. They dealt with the provenance of relativity theory. If you can find some evidence of Einstein being a ‘racist’ in those three sources…. I’m here and listening.

What I found was that the source notes were numbered but there was no way to know to what they referred…(There were also pages and pages in German.) In other words, in the practical sense the source notes were useless. Therefore, the book is useless. That’s the way it works, Jan, with research. Or don’t you know that?

Jan, Albert Einstein may very well have been ‘a fraud’ (many scientists are, by the definition of plagiarism), and his place in the history of science may very well be the result of his participation in a Zionist conspiracy, but…

1. Einstein was neither a moron nor a third rate mathematician.

2. That you expected me to study a 2,800 page unintelligibly-sourced book that starts with the words ‘Racist physicist Albert Einstein…’ so you and I could ‘have a conversation’ indicates that you yourself have a screw loose.

Again, I’m looking forward to hearing from you. If you (or anyone out there) have trouble finding me, you can always use the contact link at Banditobooks.com.

*An Open Letter to Jan Irvin – Allan C. Weisbecker
Ken Kesey: Government Guinea Pig?

Last edited:

Travis

From the Jan Irvin article:
Another progenitor of this movement, which believes in “channeling” and other fictional elements, was the book A Course in Miracles, written by two MK-ULTRA employees; William Thetford and Helen Schucman.[18] [...]
[18] See Regarding Dr. William Thetford and the CIA
He cites this website. Let us go there for proof that William Thetford and Helen Schucman were CIA employees:
One of the more bizarre forms of controversy to develop relative to ACIM in recent years (circa 2006) has to do with the suspicion that the Course is the result of a CIA plot -- a mind-control conspiracy. As is often the case in conspiracy thinking, some people have taken certain facts, combined them and come up with preposterous conclusions. In this case certain conspiracy theorists have added the facts that William Thetford was once employed by the CIA, that the CIA has funded psychological research and that some of that research was conducted by Thetford and Schucman, to concluded that the Course, which by its very nature is deeply threatening to the ego, must have been the result of a CIA plot. Contributing to this assertion is the fact that indeed some of the psychological research funded by the CIA was directed at discovering techniques for manipulating human beings, and that some of that "mind control" research was conducted in an unethical manner.

In the fall of 2006 I was asked about these kinds of assertions as found on a Web site with the headline: "ACIM: Lie Down With Dogs, Get Up With Fleas! The MKULTRA Milieu Surrounding the 'Scribing' of A Course In Miracles." (MKULTRA is an acronym for a CIA program which funded the research of a very large number of prominent psychologists back in the 1960's, some of that research later found to have been conducted unscrupulously.)

The Web site in question contained wildly outlandish statements and suggestions intended to establish guilt by association -- a strategy that a trial lawyer or tabloid journalist might use, but not a very credible approach to serious, intelligent, scholarly consideration. None of us who are familiar with the facts about Helen Schucman and Bill Thetford, particularly those who knew them personally, could possibly take seriously the claims made on that Web site. However, I could see how people not familiar with the historical facts about the Course and its scribing could take such claims seriously, especially if they are orthodox in religious belief, already skeptical about the phenomenon of channeling, and even more so if they are not familiar with words actually found on the pages of A Course in Miracles.
Weird that he would choose that as a reference.

It's actually kind of insulting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals