Microdosing Psychedelics

OP
Dopamine

Dopamine

I'm really thinking about giving low doses psychs a try as nothing really works for my anhedonia

Have you tried cold water immersion? I think prolonged cold stress is probaly harmful but not necessarily when exposure is short. I sometimes take cold showers for like 2-3 minutes... its not enough to drop my core temperature but it makes me super giddy- you feel really alive. Its cheap to try anyways and consistently elevates my mood. You have to get really pumped and treat it like a challenge- listen to some heavy metal or rap before you go in.

You can even just have a regular shower then finish off the last 2 minutes with freezing cold water.

Last edited:

Parsifal

Have you tried cold water immersion? I think prolonged cold stress is probaly harmful but not necessarily when exposure is short. I sometimes take cold showers for like 2-3 minutes... its not enough to drop my core temperature but it makes me super giddy- you feel really alive. Its cheap to try anyways and consistently elevates my mood. You have to get really pumped and treat it like a challenge- listen to some heavy metal or rap before you go in.

You can even just have a regular shower then finish off the last 2 minutes with freezing cold water.
Hey, thanks for all your advices and patient answers.

I've already tried cold showers but for me it was highly stressful and made me hyperventilate and put me in a state of hibernation (even very fast shower) so I don't really want to try it.

Lately, I've stopped milk and I feel less dissociated and I think that my libido and joy is coming a little back (just 2 days off of milk)... Some say that milk is an opioid and I've seen people complaining about insulin resistance on milk and I guess that at least for me it might not be that good after all (white tongue, etc)!

I'm already taking 500mg of aspirin/day and I don't get bleeding since taking T3 with it (always had bleeding and gastritis before)! I'm a bit cautious about ginger root as I don't want to raise eNOS and other things as my vascular system is already in a bad state so I try to avoid things that irritate me a bit (I get a runny nose after taking ginger so I don't know how the mucus is produced and signaled in the body but I guess it is by serotonin). I don't think that it is that bad for healthy people though. Maybe it is cytotoxic?

OP
Dopamine

Dopamine

Hey, thanks for all your advices and patient answers.

I've already tried cold showers but for me it was highly stressful and made me hyperventilate and put me in a state of hibernation (even very fast shower) so I don't really want to try it.

Lately, I've stopped milk and I feel less dissociated and I think that my libido and joy is coming a little back (just 2 days off of milk)... Some say that milk is an opioid and I've seen people complaining about insulin resistance on milk and I guess that at least for me it might not be that good after all (white tongue, etc)!

I'm already taking 500mg of aspirin/day and I don't get bleeding since taking T3 with it (always had bleeding and gastritis before)! I'm a bit cautious about ginger root as I don't want to raise eNOS and other things as my vascular system is already in a bad state so I try to avoid things that irritate me a bit (I get a runny nose after taking ginger so I don't know how the mucus is produced and signaled in the body but I guess it is by serotonin). I don't think that it is that bad for healthy people though. Maybe it is cytotoxic?

I have stopped milk too- I'm eating cheese and casein instead. Milk also gives me a white tongue and digestion problems but I don't know why exactly.

My understanding is that ginger lowers nitric oxide. I haven't had problems with fresh ginger root. Maybe you got bad quality product? Ginger tea might give me a runny nose but its from clearing my sinuses and not an allergy thing.

Protective Effects of Ginger against Aspirin-Induced Gastric Ulcers in Rats
"Ginger powder did not affect the aspirin-induced reduction in mucosal prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) content; however, it did ameliorate the aspirin-induced increases in mucosal activity of the inducible form of NO synthase (iNOS) and plasma tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α and interleukin (IL)-1β levels."

Effect of ginger powder supplementation on nitric oxide and C-reactive protein in elderly knee osteoarthritis patients: A 12-week double-blind randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial
"There was no significant difference between the two groups in terms of inflammatory markers (i.e., NO and hs-CRP) prior to the intervention. However, after 3 months of supplementation, serum concentration of NO and hs-CRP decreased in the Ginger Group."

The Amazing and Mighty Ginger - Herbal Medicine - NCBI Bookshelf
Reactive nitrogen species, such as nitric oxide (NO), influence signal transduction and cause DNA damage, which contributes to disease processes. Nitric oxide is produced by inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), which is stimulated in response to various stresses. [6]-gingerol was reported to dose-dependently inhibit NO production and reduce iNOS in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated mouse macrophages (Ippoushi et al. 2003). [6]-gingerol also effectively suppressed peroxynitritemediated oxidative damage (Ippoushi et al. 2003). Ippoushi et al. (2003) later proposed that [6]-gingerol and peroxynitrite form a symmetric dimer with [6]-gingerol covalently linked at the aromatic ring of peroxynitrite, attenuating peroxynitrite-induced oxidation and nitration reactions (Ippoushi et al. 2005). [6]-shogaol, 1-dehydro-[10]-gingerdione, and [10]-gingerdione also decreased LPS-induced NO production, and [6]-shogaol and 1-dehydro-[10]-gingerdione were reported to effectively reduce iNOS expression (Koh et al. 2009). In the bromobenzene (BB)-induced hepatotoxicity model, orally given ginger extract (100 mg/kg body weight [BW]) normalized NO levels and total and reduced glutathione levels, and also decreased the level of lipid peroxidation (El-Sharaky et al. 2009)...

Last edited:

Emily Cahill

I know this is an old post, but hoping for some answers. Really suffering with anhedonia at the moment. Deep depression. Went off medication that was treating my type II bi polar. Need a mood stabiliser that won't affect me negatively in the long run and keep running into the idea of low dose LSD. I need something that will help while I raise my metabolism and fix thyroid issues etc. are there any long term issues with LSD? Issues with coming off it? Dangers to reproductive organs? Libido lowering? Anything negative I guess?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dhair

I know this is an old post, but hoping for some answers. Really suffering with anhedonia at the moment. Deep depression. Went off medication that was treating my type II bi polar. Need a mood stabiliser that won't affect me negatively in the long run and keep running into the idea of low dose LSD. I need something that will help while I raise my metabolism and fix thyroid issues etc. are there any long term issues with LSD? Issues with coming off it? Dangers to reproductive organs? Libido lowering? Anything negative I guess?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Have you looked into lithium?

Emily Cahill

Not extensively. Does it look like a good option to you? The list of side affects are endless. As with most common bi polar medications. Hence why I'm looking down an alternative path.

Waynish

I think LSD is more effective as a full dose on occasions. Various other substances mentioned on this forum feel like they deliver more effective and stable stimulation than low dose LSD.

Dhair

Not extensively. Does it look like a good option to you? The list of side affects are endless. As with most common bi polar medications. Hence why I'm looking down an alternative path.
I know some people have had success with lower dose lithium for mood issues. Have you tried progesterone? Are you a young woman or older? It looks like you were on SSRIs. Cyproheptadine is something to consider.

Emily Cahill

I am younger. I am taking cypro. Vit b3, inosine and Progesterone. Lowering estrogen. I'm doing everything. I have bi polar. I need a mood stabiliser while I sort through and stabilise all my other bodily functions, ie. thyroid etc. but I don't want something with all the nasty side effects. Which is why I came off my ssris and mood stabilisers prescribed to me by physiatrist.

Dhair

I am younger. I am taking cypro. Vit b3, inosine and Progesterone. Lowering estrogen. I'm doing everything. I have bi polar. I need a mood stabiliser while I sort through and stabilise all my other bodily functions, ie. thyroid etc. but I don't want something with all the nasty side effects. Which is why I came off my ssris and mood stabilisers prescribed to me by physiatrist.
Have you tried taking thyroid? Do you eat enough?

Emily Cahill

I appreciate your interest. I've asked for information on lsd microdosing. I need something that will act immediately while I am sorting all other issues, as stated in above reply and original post.

Evgenius

I appreciate your interest. I've asked for information on lsd microdosing. I need something that will act immediately while I am sorting all other issues, as stated in above reply and original post.

Have you tried gabapentin it is a mood stabilizer without any nasty side eff.

Amazigh

Hi Emily, not sure if you ever got an answer elsewhere to this question, but Dr. James Fadiman, LSD expert who has been conducting experiments with it, mentioned that according to findings (not sure if specifically in the study mentioned at the beginning of the thread), they concluded that Psilocybin is not helpful in come specific cases, eg. color-blindness (they see tracks even on microdoses) or bipolar. In bipolar, it tends to make the person very aware of their anxiety and therefore makes it worse. That said, some bipolar people have reported using it only during the depressive phase (which helped alleviate it) and stay away from it during the manic phase.

Mauritio

Why arent more peaters microdosing?
I feel like it's one of the best tools for people that want to improve their lifes .

Waynish

I feel like it's one of the best tools for people that want to improve their lifes .
Haidut's supplements are better. If you wanna use psychedelics, then use a real dose. Otherwise you get more downside and less upside. Just distracting.

Mauritio

Haidut's supplements are better. If you wanna use psychedelics, then use a real dose. Otherwise you get more downside and less upside. Just distracting.
No, completely disagree with your statement .

Aad

Could you elaborate more? Did you notice an increase in libido? Cognition? Creativity? Thanks bro.

conrad0602

Which of haiduts supplements do you believe to be better? Be interested to hear your experiences with them. My understanding is that his lisuride is a non psychoactive version of lsd and is best used in small doses infrequently which id have thought would work similarly to lsd microdosing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals