Temps Rose - Now Body Aches And Blah Feeling For A Few Weeks

OP
ecstatichamster
One good thing, is my libido and erections are really really good. Another sign to me that I'm not really "sick".

Kelj

"Swelling, aching, exhaustion, palpitations, shortness of breath, pain, numbness, tingling, sweating, chills, hair loss, soreness, nausea, bloating…all because you are providing your body with the energy it has been denied for months or years?

Healing is an energy-demanding undertaking for the body."

OP
ecstatichamster
"Swelling, aching, exhaustion, palpitations, shortness of breath, pain, numbness, tingling, sweating, chills, hair loss, soreness, nausea, bloating…all because you are providing your body with the energy it has been denied for months or years?

Thought provoking. Thank you

lampofred

Dr. Peat has said he doesn't really agree with the concept that things tend to make you feel worse before they make you feel better. I'd say it's different in this case because the lower serotonin from the thyroid is just unmasking constipation/endotoxin problems, not actually creating them. But if refeeding is directly causing pain, hair loss, bloating, then it's probably because the food is increasing endotoxin or is full of PUFA, not because it's causing a healing reaction. But telling that to someone with an eating disorder is complicated because you don't want them to go back to over-restrictive eating...

Kelj

Dr. Peat has said he doesn't really agree with the concept that things tend to make you feel worse before they make you feel better. I'd say it's different in this case because the lower serotonin from the thyroid is just unmasking constipation/endotoxin problems, not actually creating them. But if refeeding is directly causing pain, hair loss, bloating, then it's probably because the food is increasing endotoxin or is full of PUFA, not because it's causing a healing reaction. But telling that to someone with an eating disorder is complicated because you don't want them to go back to over-restrictive eating...
My personal experience, the experience of others I personally know and hundreds of others I have followed in their recovery from undereating/over-exercising argue differently. It is not conjecture. I had almost all the symptoms here:

"Here are the usual suspects:

1. Bloating (‘huge’ stomach), edema (water retention), swelling.
  2. Gastric and intestinal problems: gas, diarrhea, constipation, undigested food, abdominal pain, acid reflux, indigestion.
  3. Extreme fatigue: sleeping much more than usual, loss of energy.
  4. Brain fog: hard to remember or follow trains of thought.
  5. Skin sensations: tingling, burning, prickliness, numbness, itching, rashes.
  6. Anxiety, paranoia, fear, depression, crying a lot.
  7. Hair falling out, dry and flaky skin, nail breakage.
  8. Orange colored skin (particularly palms of hands).
  9. Dizziness/heart beat issues: slow resting heart rate (bradycardia) or speeding heart rate while resting (tachycardia) or dizziness when going from lying to sitting or sitting to standing (orthostatic hypotension)*
  10. Cold when others are not, hot flushes, sweating and night sweats (drenching night attire and bedding).
  11. Aching joints, hips or leg pain.
  12. Fidgeting, restlessness, general agitation.
  13. Aching muscles (as if you had completed a strenuous workout)
Symptom Questions — The Eating Disorder Institute

These are the changes I had made which brought on these symptoms:

1. Instead of accidently restricting calories by eliminating many foods from my diet because they were "unhealthy".......I ate anything that sounded good to me in the quantity that made me feel "full".

2. Instead of eating a very low carb, no sugar diet.....I began to eat as many carbs of all kinds that I wanted, especially sugars.

3. Instead of intermittent fasting.....I began to eat frequently, whenever I felt like it.

That's it. The healing period of about a year included all of the above and weight gain, and then singly, or in groups, they all went away and weight was steadily lost though I continue to eat all the calories and kinds of food I want. It was highly interesting to a health researcher, like me. Now, I have no health issues at all. Calories, nutrients, rest. I know they heal all, but the body takes us on a healing ride as it sorts things out. I didn't have to take thyroid or anything else. Just food. Taking anything to stop the healing, makes it take longer.

mimmo123

not sure what it is.

I’ve been taking 2g or 3g of aspirin which helps.

And a bit of antibiotics help.

My temps have risen...could this be a digestive die-off reaction?

Feels like endotoxins to me.

Have you looked at your urine PH If your taking that much aspirin you most likely went acidic and its causing you pain
anytime you take aspirin especially that much you should always monitor urine ph and adjust it with bicarb I would also take it with glycine
Chris Masterjohn has a good video on that

OP
ecstatichamster
Have you looked at your urine PH If your taking that much aspirin you most likely went acidic and its causing you pain
anytime you take aspirin especially that much you should always monitor urine ph and adjust it with bicarb I would also take it with glycine
Chris Masterjohn has a good video on that

Not lately.

I take it with sodium bicarbonate and a bunch of things including collagen. Thank you though!

OP
ecstatichamster
My personal experience, the experience of others I personally know and hundreds of others I have followed in their recovery from undereating/over-exercising argue differently. It is not conjecture. I had almost all the symptoms here:

"Here are the usual suspects:

1. Bloating (‘huge’ stomach), edema (water retention), swelling.
  2. Gastric and intestinal problems: gas, diarrhea, constipation, undigested food, abdominal pain, acid reflux, indigestion.
  3. Extreme fatigue: sleeping much more than usual, loss of energy.
  4. Brain fog: hard to remember or follow trains of thought.
  5. Skin sensations: tingling, burning, prickliness, numbness, itching, rashes.
  6. Anxiety, paranoia, fear, depression, crying a lot.
  7. Hair falling out, dry and flaky skin, nail breakage.
  8. Orange colored skin (particularly palms of hands).
  9. Dizziness/heart beat issues: slow resting heart rate (bradycardia) or speeding heart rate while resting (tachycardia) or dizziness when going from lying to sitting or sitting to standing (orthostatic hypotension)*
  10. Cold when others are not, hot flushes, sweating and night sweats (drenching night attire and bedding).
  11. Aching joints, hips or leg pain.
  12. Fidgeting, restlessness, general agitation.
  13. Aching muscles (as if you had completed a strenuous workout)
Symptom Questions — The Eating Disorder Institute

These are the changes I had made which brought on these symptoms:

1. Instead of accidently restricting calories by eliminating many foods from my diet because they were "unhealthy".......I ate anything that sounded good to me in the quantity that made me feel "full".

2. Instead of eating a very low carb, no sugar diet.....I began to eat as many carbs of all kinds that I wanted, especially sugars.

3. Instead of intermittent fasting.....I began to eat frequently, whenever I felt like it.

That's it. The healing period of about a year included all of the above and weight gain, and then singly, or in groups, they all went away and weight was steadily lost though I continue to eat all the calories and kinds of food I want. It was highly interesting to a health researcher, like me. Now, I have no health issues at all. Calories, nutrients, rest. I know they heal all, but the body takes us on a healing ride as it sorts things out. I didn't have to take thyroid or anything else. Just food. Taking anything to stop the healing, makes it take longer.

Thank you @Kelj

I eat a lot of carbs and I don’t restrict calories. I started counting calories for a bit and I eat about 2600 kcal per day. I do have a stomach, a belly...

yerrag

Do you have records of your CBC? If you do, take one and compare. The changes in your WBC differential may give you an idea.

I look at my WBC, neutrophils, and lymphocytes especially. But other markers in the CBC are also helpful.

It would give me an idea of infection status. It could be acute or it could be chronic, whether viral or bacterial. Some markers show a possibility of parasitic infection.

The CBC isn't expensive, and is worth it. Today I took one, as well as a peripheral blood smear. The peripheral blood smear involves a visual examination and analysis of microscopic views of RBC, WBC, and platelets that together with the CBC gives you a more complete window into your blood. I needed to take the smear as I had more questions that the CBC doesn't provide. You may just do well without the peripheral blood smear.

Last edited:

Waynish

You need to be pretty healthy to be cycling on and off of this many different supplements all of the time without side effects. You're constantly posting side effects and various health problems on here... Perhaps it is time for a break.

yerrag

I'm not sure if most doctors know how to use CBC markers, but I'm not taking any chances having them interpret my CBC. When you look at the numerous markers in a CBC, it's normal to just scan over them and then look at the reference values, and then say there's nothing wrong. But that's just because the reference values are misleading and too forgiving, and doesn't let us on to red flags early. Which is why I rely on optimal values, and one I've come to rely on is Dr. Weatherby's cheat sheet.

This is a glaring weakness in our forum, where we are mostly guided by how we feel, which while useful, relies very much on our intuition. So we feel this, and we feel that. And then we ask others why, and the answers we get are going to be very subjective, as each answer pertains to the particular context of each member that replies. From there, you might be able to find a common thread that leads to a useful answer. But the chances are that no answer will fit to a tee to your context. While it helps that you now have a lot of possibilities, it can become mind-boggling. So, you need some tools to help you narrow down these possibilities to probabilities. And from there you can focus on the most probable. So having some tests, and having some optimal values to use, would be extremely helpful.

With regard to the CBC test, I used to consider the wbc differential to be Greek. I don't know the significance of neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils. When I do a search on Google, I get really stupid mainstream answers. All I needed was a book to explain to me in layman's language what these do, and what values mean when I get blood tests. I was fble to buy an ebook that can explain these to me.

From these two resources I mentioned, I'm now able to track my CBC and connect the dots better. Why did my neutrophils go up? Why did it go down and as it is on the way down, why were my monocytes up, as well as my my eosinophils? But I would be the only one who knows the answer, because I know my context and I know what I did to cause these changes. No one in the forum would be able to do that. The best anyone else can do is to give you a guide, but along with this help they put a color on the context that clouds your understanding of your context. It's easy to be carried away following someone else's context.

I recommend Thomas Lewis' "Uncovering Chronic Inflammation and Hidden Infections: The Untold Story Behind Chronic Disease Prevention and Reversal." I bought it as a Kindle book. I have to warn you though that he's using the book to also sell his services, so if you would feel robbed that you had to pay for his plug, don't buy this book. It's an easy read and it doesn't cost much, so I feel it is worth the price for the information it added to my store of knowledge.

As for Dr. Weatherby's cheat sheet, the link posted by @Dan Wich (on another thread) doesn't exist anymore, so just pm me if you need it.

Last edited:

yerrag

One thing I forgot to mention is that if we're concerned about inflammation, we should be looking at the activity of our white blood cells, as a lot of what mediates inflammation - leukotrines, cytokines, chemokines, interleukins, etc - is part of the white blood cell's way of dealing with pathogens and foreign particles. And if we can get a snapshot of our wbc and its components - we can have an idea of the inflammatory processes going on. Why are we talking about taking tests for interleukins, for example, and not first looking at the wbc? The CBC is a very affordable test while tests for IL-6, for example, are very expensive. When things become expensive, they pretty much become useless because no one's going to bother taking these tests unless they have a lot of money to burn. These tests are not going to be paid for by insurance unless the doctor recommends it. So, when you're the one footing the bill for an expensive test that doesn't always lead you to solving your problem, why would you take such tests?

Ever had one expensive test and say "Man, I hit the bullseye and solved my problem!?" Fat chance. You may spend a lifetime on a battery of expensive tests and you are still where you are, only poorer.

Last edited:

Wilfrid

@ecstatichamster do you know your current PTH, CBG and T4 status? As well as your alkaline phosphatase and osteocalcin ones ?
Be careful with the amount of T3 you are currently ingesting.

Kelj

And then, let's all go have a little lie down in an intensive care unit..... as yerrag says, "You may spend a lifetime on a battery of expensive tests and you are still where you are, only poorer." Even if you find out about something that seems amiss, what do you do about it? Maybe the usual therapy is effective, maybe not. As yerrag also says, "the answers we get are going to be very subjective" because we are all floundering around, trying this and that, hoping it works, and guessing maybe that thing we tried is the thing that made a symptom disappear. My approach is what we all observe: bodies heal. Wait a little, while giving your body energy, nutrients and rest and a broken bone heals, a sprain heals, a surgical wound heals. We can all see and acknowledge that. They don't heal right, though, without rest, enough energy and enough nutrients. I am coming from a perspective of trust in our bodies. The nervous system knows what is going on in the body and what it needs. It is not treating the body right that has gotten us into the shape we're in. We've been denying ourselves the things our bodies have been asking for. Enough sleep, and, please, enough food. Inflammation becomes chronic when we have accumulated a lot of injury that needs to be healed and we never eat and rest enough to complete the healing. It starts and it stops over and over. We have to eat and rest consistently, not intermittently, to keep our body healed. Inflammation is the body's healing response. Pain is what we feel when the body is healing. No broken bone or wound ever healed without inflammation and pain. In the context of eating enough (3,000 calories or more for an over 25 year old man of average size and 3500 if he is under 25, as an example) and resting enough, the body will heal as quickly as it can. We will be fatigued as energy goes to this healing. Keep it up all your life and damage won't accumulate. I am not guessing about this. I've done it and follow the lives of those who do it. It's only intuitive if we don't override our body's decisions with our intellect. For me, this approach takes out the guesswork and brought about wellness. A subjective view added to objective observance: testing and guessing aren't working well + bodies heal.

OP
ecstatichamster
Do you have records of your CBC? If you do, take one and compare. The changes in your WBC differential may give you an idea.

I look at my WBC, neutrophils, and lymphocytes especially. But other markers in the CBC are also helpful.

It would give me an idea of infection status. It could be acute or it could be chronic, whether viral or bacterial. Some markers show a possibility of parasitic infection.

The CBC isn't expensive, and is worth it. Today I took one, as well as a peripheral blood smear. The peripheral blood smear involves a visual examination and analysis of microscopic views of RBC, WBC, and platelets that together with the CBC gives you a more complete window into your blood. I needed to take the smear as I had more questions that the CBC doesn't provide. You may just do well without the peripheral blood smear.

Thank you but I'm probably not going to do more blood testing. I just don't find it that useful. I lack confidence in anything medical in this realm.

OP
ecstatichamster
My approach is what we all observe: bodies heal. Wait a little, while giving your body energy, nutrients and rest and a broken bone heals, a sprain heals, a surgical wound heals. We can all see and acknowledge that. They don't heal right, though, without rest, enough energy and enough nutrients. I am coming from a perspective of trust in our bodies. The nervous system knows what is going on in the body and what it needs. It is not treating the body right that has gotten us into the shape we're in. We've been denying ourselves the things our bodies have been asking for. Enough sleep, and, please, enough food. Inflammation becomes chronic when we have accumulated a lot of injury that needs to be healed and we never eat and rest enough to complete the healing. It starts and it stops over and over. We have to eat and rest consistently, not intermittently, to keep our body healed. Inflammation is the body's healing response. Pain is what we feel when the body is healing. No broken bone or wound ever healed without inflammation and pain. In the context of eating enough (3,000 calories or more for an over 25 year old man of average size and 3500 if he is under 25, as an example) and resting enough, the body will heal as quickly as it can. We will be fatigued as energy goes to this healing. Keep it up all your life and damage won't accumulate. I am not guessing about this. I've done it and follow the lives of those who do it. It's only intuitive if we don't override our body's decisions with our intellect. For me, this approach takes out the guesswork and brought about wellness. A subjective view added to objective observance: testing and guessing aren't working well + bodies heal.

I think there is merit in this idea.

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster do you know your current PTH, CBG and T4 status? As well as your alkaline phosphatase and osteocalcin ones ?
Be careful with the amount of T3 you are currently ingesting.

why?

Anyhow, at this stage I am mostly taking NDT -- 2 grains of NDT via 14 drops of Tyromax. T3 only if my temps really fall, which they aren't. I'm probably taking 6 - 10 mcg T3 at this point as my temps are high most of the time.

Runenight201

And then, let's all go have a little lie down in an intensive care unit..... as yerrag says, "You may spend a lifetime on a battery of expensive tests and you are still where you are, only poorer." Even if you find out about something that seems amiss, what do you do about it? Maybe the usual therapy is effective, maybe not. As yerrag also says, "the answers we get are going to be very subjective" because we are all floundering around, trying this and that, hoping it works, and guessing maybe that thing we tried is the thing that made a symptom disappear. My approach is what we all observe: bodies heal. Wait a little, while giving your body energy, nutrients and rest and a broken bone heals, a sprain heals, a surgical wound heals. We can all see and acknowledge that. They don't heal right, though, without rest, enough energy and enough nutrients. I am coming from a perspective of trust in our bodies. The nervous system knows what is going on in the body and what it needs. It is not treating the body right that has gotten us into the shape we're in. We've been denying ourselves the things our bodies have been asking for. Enough sleep, and, please, enough food. Inflammation becomes chronic when we have accumulated a lot of injury that needs to be healed and we never eat and rest enough to complete the healing. It starts and it stops over and over. We have to eat and rest consistently, not intermittently, to keep our body healed. Inflammation is the body's healing response. Pain is what we feel when the body is healing. No broken bone or wound ever healed without inflammation and pain. In the context of eating enough (3,000 calories or more for an over 25 year old man of average size and 3500 if he is under 25, as an example) and resting enough, the body will heal as quickly as it can. We will be fatigued as energy goes to this healing. Keep it up all your life and damage won't accumulate. I am not guessing about this. I've done it and follow the lives of those who do it. It's only intuitive if we don't override our body's decisions with our intellect. For me, this approach takes out the guesswork and brought about wellness. A subjective view added to objective observance: testing and guessing aren't working well + bodies heal.

Ever seen my 600 lb life? All they do is rest and eat and are plagued with a myriad of health problems. I strongly agree with the idea of listening to your body and intuitive eating, but there are most certainly foods that are conducive towards proper health and foods that are not, and without a strongly cultivated awareness of what is truly needed when, people will eat incorrectly and degenerate.

Wilfrid

why?

Anyhow, at this stage I am mostly taking NDT -- 2 grains of NDT via 14 drops of Tyromax. T3 only if my temps really fall, which they aren't. I'm probably taking 6 - 10 mcg T3 at this point as my temps are high most of the time.
Taking T3 can really mess up with T4 level. Up to the point of T4 depletion.
Thyroxine is an antagonist to PTH. If your PTH is high due to low thyroxine ( not from common culprits of high PTH like low calcium , low vit D, low Mg or low whatever....), if also your ( thyroid dependent enzymes ) osteocalcin and alkaline phosphatase are high too then you can have both short and long term bone turnover problems due to your T3 ingestion. Anyway, it was just a suggestion.

OP
ecstatichamster
thank you @Wilfrid

I have always taken it with T4 or now, NDT.

I imagine my PTH is not too high as I have a good calcium ratio and sufficient D3 or sunlight

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals