Problems with yellow bowel movements and recurring lowish body temperature and other symptoms.

Obes89

Hy Guys almost 1 1/2 years ago i had some thyroid problems after taking too much iodine It really crashed me. But this only happened after i used T3 and ran into some thyroid problems during that time. Years before i was easily tolerating larger amounts of iodine and felt amazing for months. So yeah self-inflicted problems.

Back then i had low temperature 96,4- 97.5 for some weeks and yellow stools that where floating and hair thinning all over my body i felt depressed and off. After that it became better and better but i still suffered days with low body temperature and feeling bad and then suddenly i had days where i was hitting 99.1 and just felt amazing, full of energy and joy.

This This up and down became less and less. But i still have yellowish, rarely greenish bowel movements ( i never had something like that before, my entire life no matter how i ate) And sometimes my bowels are just normal, like i experienced them my whole life. But yeah sometimes i still have days with lowish day temps of 97.5 - 97.9. Accompanied by often more intense yellow stool and unhealthy looking stool, feeling sluggish and a bit depressed, dry skin and a lowish pulse in the 60s. And i feel, that i just digest way more slowly. I Usually have a pulse of mid 70 to high 70 and i usually hit 98.2- 98.6 and feel really good and definently look more healthy.

And now after drinking a little to much alcohol on the weekend i suffer from low temp and the described symptoms again for two days....

Does anybody have some Tipps what to look for when visiting a doc. They where no real help in the last 1 1/2 years.

My recent thyroid labs in last November where pretty good:

TSH: 1,72 (0.3-4.5)
fT4: 1,40 (0.8-1.7)
fT3: 3.98 (2.3-4.2)

I hope that despite the length of the text, someone will take the time to read it.

Thanks and greetings from Germany

LLight

I believe yellow stools can indicate an issue with bile.

You could try to drink less water/fluid to see if it can help.

DrJ

Hy Guys almost 1 1/2 years ago i had some thyroid problems after taking too much iodine It really crashed me. But this only happened after i used T3 and ran into some thyroid problems during that time. Years before i was easily tolerating larger amounts of iodine and felt amazing for months. So yeah self-inflicted problems.

Back then i had low temperature 96,4- 97.5 for some weeks and yellow stools that where floating and hair thinning all over my body i felt depressed and off. After that it became better and better but i still suffered days with low body temperature and feeling bad and then suddenly i had days where i was hitting 99.1 and just felt amazing, full of energy and joy.

This This up and down became less and less. But i still have yellowish, rarely greenish bowel movements ( i never had something like that before, my entire life no matter how i ate) And sometimes my bowels are just normal, like i experienced them my whole life. But yeah sometimes i still have days with lowish day temps of 97.5 - 97.9. Accompanied by often more intense yellow stool and unhealthy looking stool, feeling sluggish and a bit depressed, dry skin and a lowish pulse in the 60s. And i feel, that i just digest way more slowly. I Usually have a pulse of mid 70 to high 70 and i usually hit 98.2- 98.6 and feel really good and definently look more healthy.

And now after drinking a little to much alcohol on the weekend i suffer from low temp and the described symptoms again for two days....

Does anybody have some Tipps what to look for when visiting a doc. They where no real help in the last 1 1/2 years.

I hope that despite the length of the text, someone will take the time to read it.

Sounds like you have no bile or no bile flow. Heavy drinking can cause that among other things. Bile salts can help but you should probably get your liver checked out.

Deborah888

I had yellow stools that were caused by gallbladder issues. (Also, my blood work showed no liver issues). I've used Rowachol and Chanca Piedra (Indian herb) for about 6 months now and my stools are no longer yellow, and my gallbladder isn't acting up near as much. (I also take bile salts with fatty foods).

However, if you drink alcohol you should quit right away and get your liver checked for sure.

OP
O

Obes89

I had yellow stools that were caused by gallbladder issues. (Also, my blood work showed no liver issues). I've used Rowachol and Chanca Piedra (Indian herb) for about 6 months now and my stools are no longer yellow, and my gallbladder isn't acting up near as much. (I also take bile salts with fatty foods).

However, if you drink alcohol you should quit right away and get your liver checked for sure.
Thanks guys for the replies.

Yeah i rarely Drink alcohol but i will definently stop it 100%. And i will look into gallbladder issues. Thought about it aswell.
My Doctor detected no liver issues. But i guess i go to another one and get everything checked out.

Oddly enough the last time i tried milk thistle and artichoke extract my stool turned even more yellow and i wasn't feeling that good.
That never happened in the past when i used it, from time to time.

dreamcatcher

@Obes89 you might find this useful:

Last edited:

pushkin

I have the same problem and I have been told I have gallbladder issues by a naturopath. I have Gilbert's Syndrome too. It makes sense as I have had yellow stools (when I eat fatty foods) for years. I want to ask about the Rowachol Deborah if I may - I ordered some a few months ago but I have not taken it yet as I am scared it will be too harsh for me, (I took ox bile around the same time and had a bad reaction to it). It is encouraging to hear that you take it though. Did you start off with one pill three times a day and work up to 3 x 3 and did you have any side effects? Also, what dosage and type (tea, capsules, drops etc.) of Chanca Piedra have you been using? Thank you so much.

Last edited:

MarcelZD

I think ox bile is mostly a band aid since it is unlikely to resolve what is most likely a cholestasis. The things that resolved mine are what I would call the standard reconmendations:

Sylmarin or Siliphos
TUDCA
Bitters, Dandelion Root Tea etc.
Leafy Greens
Gelatin and Taurine if you can stomach them (bile acid conjugating aminos)

I have also heard read that many people in this forum have had great success with liver flushes, although I have never tried them.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Cholestasis. The gallbladder is the most methyl sensitive organ. If you have suboptimal methylation, the gallbladder and the bile flow will suffer tremendously.

Optimize methylation:
1. Consume enough dietary folate and cobalamin. (B9/B12) - if you can‘t hit 1-2x the RDA of folate, which many don‘t, then supplement with methylfolate and methylcobalamin, best at a 1:1 ratio.
2. Glycine (5-15 grams)
3. Creatine (3-5 grams)
4. Dietary choline intake (500-1000mg)
5. Optimized protein intake (1g per lbs of BW)
(If you eat animal meats to hit the majority of your protein goal then it will not be a problem to hit your choline and creatine requirements without additional supplements)
6. Check your daily food intake in cronometer. See if there are missing pieces. For example: copper, zinc, iron, calcium, selenium, iodine.

Good luck my friend.

OP
O

Obes89

Cholestasis. The gallbladder is the most methyl sensitive organ. If you have suboptimal methylation, the gallbladder and the bile flow will suffer tremendously.

Optimize methylation:
1. Consume enough dietary folate and cobalamin. (B9/B12) - if you can‘t hit 1-2x the RDA of folate, which many don‘t, then supplement with methylfolate and methylcobalamin, best at a 1:1 ratio.
2. Glycine (5-15 grams)
3. Creatine (3-5 grams)
4. Dietary choline intake (500-1000mg)
5. Optimized protein intake (1g per lbs of BW)
(If you eat animal meats to hit the majority of your protein goal then it will not be a problem to hit your choline and creatine requirements without additional supplements)
6. Check your daily food intake in cronometer. See if there are missing pieces. For example: copper, zinc, iron, calcium, selenium, iodine.

Good luck my friend.
Thanks really appreciate the input.

unfortunately it's just an up and down sometimes. Today i felt light headed, nervous and just not good and had a low temp of 96,6 after i was up for some time. It then rose to 97,3. But i felt really off and extremely tired and slept half day long. Then i woke up and hitting 97.7 felt a little better hour after hour and a few minutes ago i was hitting 98,78. i just don't get it. Doesn't seem thyroid related with such up and downs, maybe more of an adrenal gland problem? Because i experience it sometimes, that my temperature was low half day long, or maybe it stays low for 1-2 days and then it suddenly rises to normal ranges of 98,2-98,8 . And after i hit normal temps again i feel way better and after a few days of hitting normal temps i'm back to feeling really good.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals