Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

NommyWommy

Second day of my reset today temp 36.3c this morning got it to to 37c after breakfast coffee and shower quite easily. However struggled keeping it at 37c needed a couple more showers and more clothing to keep bringing it up. At 6pm temp down to 36.6c should I keep bringing it up? Or okay to let it decrease in the evening? Feeling nausea at the moment too, body odour is less severe than yesterday perhaps some kind of die off. Ben

Second day of my reset today temp 36.3c this morning got it to to 37c after breakfast coffee and shower quite easily. However struggled keeping it at 37c needed a couple more showers and more clothing to keep bringing it up. At 6pm temp down to 36.6c should I keep bringing it up? Or okay to let it decrease in the evening? Feeling nausea at the moment too, body odour is less severe than yesterday perhaps some kind of die off. Ben

I think it's okay to let it go. It will fall in the evening. That's normal.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Hi I started my reset today managed to stay at 37c since 1030 however been sweating lots and also i stink, anyone else notice this? Been easier this afternoon to stay at 37 seems to have stabilised a bit. I bought the same thermometer as myusernamehere I am glad I asked as I had a feeling my Vicks was reading low and compared to the omron is 0.2 lower.

Edit... I mean the Vicks thermometer is reading higher.

I have a mercury thermo that reads around 0.4 higher than any other digital that I have at home, but the Omron is pretty accurate in my experience.

tara

Steve is for showers, not baths. I'm not exactly sure I understand why.
I think one reason may be safety. If someone is pushing their system, they may get unexpected effects. Fainting in the bath is not good. Speculating, possibly also easier to regulate temps because you can change the shower temp much more quickly than bath temp?
I used to really enjoy hot baths, esp. in winter. But I had to give them up a while ago because I was not handling them. Showers don't seem to pose difficulties.

tara

One thing that I've considered and is a possibility is that because of all the sweating that I'm doing, there's a lot of mold may be a mildew that's building up, and with the down comforter etc., maybe this is causing me to have bad allergies and that this is my plegm problem...it's just a possibility. If it's true then I'd get better presumably throughout the day, away from the down comforter...
Dust mites like warm moist conditions. Some people get allergic to dust mites. Maybe you've boosted their numbers?

Because it's quite easy to drink a pound or two or for you metric folks 1/2 to 1 kg of liquid, and your body must keep that warm for a long period of time.
I think there's a lot to be said for drinking smaller amounts more often - like max 1 cup/200-250ml at a time, maybe less. And warm is easier than cold or hot. Too hot can trigger the body to cool down, and cold takes a lot of heat out of the body to bring it up to equilibrium.

Peater Piper

How long are you folks measuring your temperature for? I've noticed my (cheap) digital can give me an oral temp of something like 97 F in ten seconds before it starts beeping, but if I leave it in for five minutes I'm usually around 98.6 F. I've always been in the 98's at the doctor's, so I assume the latter number is more accurate.

Dan W

How long are you folks measuring your temperature for? I've noticed my (cheap) digital can give me an oral temp of something like 97 F in ten seconds before it starts beeping, but if I leave it in for five minutes I'm usually around 98.6 F. I've always been in the 98's at the doctor's, so I assume the latter number is more accurate.
I notice the same thing, and I think you're correct about the latter number being more accurate.

I found an ear thermometer more useful for Steve Richfield's stuff. It's easy to get successive readings quickly, and it isn't as influenced by the things you do to manipulate temps (like showers and coffee) compared to oral/armpit measurements.

I'm leaving the thermometer in.Put it in my mouth, then wait, then turn it on, leave it in, etc., maybe 5 minutes later it comes to its decision.

Dan, that's interesting, I never found consistency with an ear thermo.

Dan W

I wonder if there's some variation in ear anatomy or the quality of ear thermometers. Mine's a Braun Thermoscan 5 that was well-reviewed, but some people seemed to hate it.

moss

But I'm very sneezy. Sneezed a lot. Feel fine but stuffed up. A bit of a headache.
Have you tried Cayenne (used sparingly, a pinch) in warm water with honey. It is a fantastic mucolytic and will break up mucous and is a circulation stimulant and warms the body increasing blood flow and nourishment to the tissues?

I found an ear thermometer more useful for Steve Richfield's stuff. It's easy to get successive readings quickly, and it isn't as influenced by the things you do to manipulate temps (like showers and coffee) compared to oral/armpit measurements.
That makes sense.

I take reading via armpit and leave at least for 5 minutes and this seems to be reliable. I vaguely remember Peat mentioning taking temps orally can be unreliable if there is sinusitis, infections etc.

I wonder if there's some variation in ear anatomy or the quality of ear thermometers. Mine's a Braun Thermoscan 5 that was well-reviewed, but some people seemed to hate it.

mine's just a regular old ear

HAHAHAHAHA

couldn't resist...

Dan W

:lol:
Plus the instruction manual explicitly warns against hamster-use.

So it's 7:15pm here. I have been more around 98.1 all afternoon. Difficult to get temps over that. I will have to figure out how to do that, but today I didn't feel good.

I am taking another dose of riboflavin and selfheal tonight and the cough may be getting better. It felt like beginnings of pneumonia quite honestly although I've never had that and I don't really feel bad. But it's been really weird.

I may see about sleeping without the down comforter just to rule that out as an allergy trigger.

OP
MyUsernameHere

Yep, mine is like this as well. Sometimes the temp will rise very quickly and it will beep at 98.6. Other times it will beep at 97. something and then over the next minute or two gradually climb up to 98.6.
I don't know what makes the difference but if I feel 'hotter' than what the measurement shows I usually assume it's reading too low and leave it in for another minute or two.

Dan W

Anyone else wear a neck warmer or scarf to bed.
I think I remember someone on the forum wearing a scarf (maybe partly to rebreath some CO2?). That'd complete my fashion statement when I was trying fingerless gloves and a stocking cap.

Lecarpetron

Does anyone else share this delightful pattern: basal temp is perfect at 97.8. A large, high protein breakfast keeps temp at ~98.0 for the first hour after waking, then plummets to <97.0 and stays there until about 4pm. Then it rises slowly, then I find myself awake at 3am at 99.0. So, daily pattern is nearly opposite as should be.

Planning to contact Steve and sign up for a session...just thught I'd ask (again) if anyone else here has good wake up temp before all gets shot to he'll by 9am.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Damn it, my body seems to find a way around everything. My day-time temps are pretty solid but I am having trouble stabilising my night-time temps which have a HUGE impact on my overall well-being the next day.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with night sweats with an intense desire to cool off, and I must've unzipped the sleeping bag and then fell asleep like that. Woke up some time later, noticed what I did then zipped back up. Woke up at 96.98 but was probably cooler during the night so I feel a bit off-base today.

I don't realise why I was sweating so much overnight when I fell asleep I was at a comfortable temperature and the room even cools off overnight.
For now I am going to drop the OJ and stop drinking so much. I also ordered pregnenolone to combat all this brain fog and stuff on a less than ideal day. Steve also said it helps with the reset and it made me feel a lot more upbeat when I used it before.

@MyUsernameHere I woke up last night sweating and was very wet. I threw off the covers and let things evaporate and I cooled off, then put them back on and fell back asleep. Not sure why sweating seems to reach a peak, but my temps at the time were 97.1

I think the sweating corresponds with LOWER temps, I've observed this because I take my temp whenever I wake up, whatever time that is, in the interests of this reset. And noticed this pattern.

Woke in the morning at 97.6, not hugely warm, but not sweaty either. I wish it were warmer, but we'll see how it all pans out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals