Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

NommyWommy

Hi I started my reset today managed to stay at 37c since 1030 however been sweating lots and also i stink, anyone else notice this? Been easier this afternoon to stay at 37 seems to have stabilised a bit. I bought the same thermometer as myusernamehere I am glad I asked as I had a feeling my Vicks was reading low and compared to the omron is 0.2 lower.

Edit... I mean the Vicks thermometer is reading higher.

Last edited:

Ahanu

Oral is much, much easier. Armpit (axial) takes 10 minutes. It is too unwieldy.
yes if you measure a lot that will take quite some time ;-) what is the difference from your oral and armpit. have you compared it one time to see whats your 98.6 oral is ?

yes if you measure a lot that will take quite some time ;-) what is the difference from your oral and armpit. have you compared it one time to see whats your 98.6 oral is ?

no I don't bother with it. I don't have the patience for axial and I take my temp so often that it wouldn't be practical.

Steve says, FWIW, that when you reset ALL temps will be the same. Hands, feet, armpits, rectums, mouths, viscera, all will be the same temps.

I believe that is true.

Ahanu

Steve says, FWIW, that when you reset ALL temps will be the same. Hands, feet, armpits, rectums, mouths, viscera, all will be the same temps.
Interesting

tara

I'm considering an attempt along these lines.

I even slept with socks on and two blankets and it didn't help.
Only 2 blankets? Winter here calls for several layers.

The problem with just the clothing is that you sweat a lot in them and it's kind of gross and kinds of cools you down also, but it is important to have warm winter clothing around at all times.
Wool is good for this if you can tolerate it next to your skin - it can keep you warm even if a bit damp. Cotton gets cold very quickly with sweat.

Despite dressing warm and doing everything I currently can I still managed to dump all my covers and wake up with a temperature of 95.9°F. Ninety-five, point, fu*****, nine.
I find this a tricky balance too. Too cold is not good. But too hot messes with my sleep too. As warm as I can without waking up feeling crummy overheated and throwing the blankets off - the balance changes every day, partly due to weather. (Though I've heard some North Americans tend to think of weather as an outdoors phenomenon. :))

Woke up at 96.8 but nowhere near as sharp as on Monday. I just can't be myself like this. Even though I slept in 2 thick shirts, 2 thick pants, and a jacket. I'm tired of this ridiculous BS, so I'm going to buy a heavy-set sleeping bag and sleep on the floor next to the radiator. I have no other idea what to do because I can't even wake up at 97.3 no matter what I do.
My bed has a wool underlay and an electric blanket between mattress and bottom sheet, and a woollen blanket and at least one duvet above - 2-3 duvets in winter. In winter the electric blanket goes on high an hour or so before bed so the bed is toasty when I get in. Then I usually turn it off so as not to be exposed to close EMF. Getting into a cold bed and having to warm it up with my body heat can make me quite cold, esp. my feet. Cold feet prevent me sleeping. On rare occasions if I'm not warm when I'm going to sleep I leave the electric blanket on low, but if I do that I increase the odds of waking up feeling crappy.
I have synthetic duvets now, and they seem fine, but a feather/down duvet can be really good too.

My waking temps last time I measured for a few days in a row were mostly 36.4. I got one reading at 36.7, but it coincided with higher stress symptoms, so I'm not counting that one. A couple of years ago they were always below 36.0.

tara

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sleeping in stocking cap might help too. I wear a large one that fits comfortably down over my ears.

@MyUsernameHere maybe wearing a far infrared undershirt and long johns beneath your work clothes would help when you can't be bundled up at work. Here are some examples.

Undergarment

I've personally only tried the socks but they did work to keep my feet warm when I worked in an unheated office one winter.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Thanks for the ideas.

FIRST NIGHT SLEEPING IN SLEEPING BAG TEMPS (WITH BLANKET THROWN OVER THE TOP) - was also gonna put a down but it was too much and my temps were 98.06 and couldn't fall asleep

~3 AM: 97.34 °F
~5 AM: 96.98 °F (I somehow got my arms outside of the bag during this time lol)

Looks promising. I can already feel having more pregnenolone and adrenaline in my brain due to not getting depleted. Hopefully I can sleep through the next few nights without getting my arms out.
It was a bit weird and I woke up quite a few times but hopefully I can get used to it.

moss

Fascinating read, thanks.

@MyUsernameHere very interesting the rapid recovery of your hands given this has been a longstanding problem over the cooler periods of the year. It must be such a relief for you and don't underestimate such a positive response, even if you are having a few bumb days here and there. It suggests immune hypersensitivity may be clearing MALT (mucous associated lymph tissues) because the increase in body temperature may be ridding the microorganisms and flushing microbes from the body. With increased heat comes increased blood supply to surrounding cells. I have known several folks taking thyroid meds who have not had great results with the view to increasing temps and many do not want to be on meds. Gut/liver health can also be part of the equation too (skin issues) and yet, clearly getting optimal temps has been the game changer for you. We know having optimal temps is so important and good to be reminded again thanks to your experiment.

In the past, I have used herbs for metabolic stimulation and alterative stimulation in order to address accumulated wastes/toxic conditions that can be very helpful where there are acute/chronic skin conditions - often only a band-aid solution until one finds a solution..... What would be really interesting if some others here on the forum with skin issues were to experiment with a reset and notice any improvements too.

I know ecstatichamster from your experience with Buyteko you are aware of this and I think you made mention up thread the body wanting to return to homeostasis and @Janelle525 mentioned she previously experienced sore throats prior to taking thyroid. What if the the 'reset' is increasing body temperature too quickly and the body is trying to return to what 'normal set temps' were previously and therefore, at times, you wake with irritated throats and phlegm - are you taping mouths or wearing a chin straps? It is interesting you are both having similar experiences there.

Tara and Blossom have given helpful suggestions with more coverings on the bed, wearing longjohns and layering up especially at work, nothing worse than being cold all day. If you use an electric blanket don't take temps then as it is not a true indication of internal body temp.
If you have a bath, that can also be a really helpful way to heat up body quickly and allow enough time to get into clothes without the body cooling down too quickly, particularly if you have a cold bathroom!

Ahanu

Very interesting thread. I like the idea that you dont need any medications or supplements. Maybe a silly advice or you doing it allready: if you artificialy raise your temperature you have to increase your calorie intake as well, or not? If you Start with 36 and Push to 37 that would be quite a bit of extra calorie.
For me Just incrasing sugar and Salt brought me to the desired temperature and in the beginning i would Take two tablespoon of Honey and some salty Crackers right before bed and i would wake up cosy warm.( I did the the temperature Reset a la matt Stone )
So maybe combining that (higher food intake) together with the reset will work even better for you guys?

Last edited:
I had a lot of difficulty last night with coughing and breathing. I took riboflavin and selfheal and 5mg of methylene blue along with my carrot salad before bed. Not sure what it is making me feel this way.

I slept well, woke at 97.9F. today. But I'm very sneezy. Sneezed a lot. Feel fine but stuffed up. A bit of a headache. Im not going to be discouraged. Steve had said he's never encountered this before, but since I'm not the only one here with some weird symptoms like that, I'm not that worried. I'll take riboflavin twice a day as an antibiotic.

Fascinating read, thanks.

I know ecstatichamster from your experience with Buyteko you are aware of this and I think you made mention up thread the body wanting to return to homeostasis and @Janelle525 mentioned she previously experienced sore throats prior to taking thyroid. What if the the 'reset' is increasing body temperature too quickly and the body is trying to return to what 'normal set temps' were previously and therefore, at times, you wake with irritated throats and phlegm - are you taping mouths or wearing a chin straps? It is interesting you are both having similar experiences there.

I don't mouth breathe at night anymore. No need for tape. Pleghm is quite bad, and sneezing. But I don't feel bad. Very strange...

If you have a bath, that can also be a really helpful way to heat up body quickly and allow enough time to get into clothes without the body cooling down too quickly, particularly if you have a cold bathroom!

Steve is for showers, not baths. I'm not exactly sure I understand why. The shower causes one side of you to be warm while the other side cools off via evaporative cooling and radiation, which is desirable. Not sure why though.

Very interesting thread. I like the idea that you dont need any medications or supplements. Maybe a silly advice or you doing it allready: if you artificialy raise your temperature you have to increase your calorie intake as well, or not? If you Start with 36 and Push to 37 that would be quite a bit of extra calorie.
For me Just incrasing sugar and Salt brought me to the desired temperature and in the beginning i would Take two tablespoon of Honey and some salty Crackers right before bed and i would wake up cosy warm.( I did the the temperature Reset a la matt Stone )
So maybe combining that (higher food intake) together with the reset will work even better for you guys?

I take plenty of salt and calories and sugar but it isn't enough to budge my metabolism.

One thing that I've considered and is a possibility is that because of all the sweating that I'm doing, there's a lot of mold may be a mildew that's building up, and with the down comforter etc., maybe this is causing me to have bad allergies and that this is my plegm problem...it's just a possibility. If it's true then I'd get better presumably throughout the day, away from the down comforter...

OP
MyUsernameHere
Good day GOOD DAY. So much ***t going on at work, spending time with a bunch of new people and being the new guy with so much work thrown at me, and I still came out of it today like a boss.
THANKS SLEEPING BAG AND THANKS 97.3 SLEEPING TEMP.

Really saved my day. The anxiety and brain fog would've killed me today otherwise.

I really wonder what it is that is missing inside my brain when I am low temp that causes me all that anxiety, brain fog, makes me unsocial, diffcult to speak...
I had none of that today. But when my temp is too low it's like I am missing a key part of my brain. Dunno if it's pregnenolone or adrenaline or what, but it's CRUCIAL. I feel like I'm on some kind of happy drugs today even though this is actually the normal state of mind. That's how messed up I've been these past years. Feeling like an anxious train wreck for years dammit.

Last edited:
Good day GOOD DAY. So much ***t going on at work, spending time with a bunch of new people and being the new guy with so much work thrown at me, and I still came out of it today like a boss.

Really saved my day. The anxiety and brain fog would've killed me today otherwise.

I really wonder what it is that is missing inside my brain when I am low temp that causes me all that anxiety, brain fog, makes me unsocial, diffcult to speak...
I had none of that today. But when my temp is too low it's like I am missing a key part of my brain. Dunno if it's pregnenolone or adrenaline or what, but it's CRUCIAL. I feel like I'm on some kind of happy drugs today even though this is actually the normal state of mind. That's how messed up I've been these past years. Feeling like an anxious train wreck for years dammit.

well I remarked on this before. Sex is much better at higher temps. And when I'm driving, I feel much less stressy and it's much easier to have fun driving (I drive a challenging car in a challenging area).

So anxiety is much better.

I'm so glad you are back in the saddle. That is fantastic!

InChristAlone

Thats awesome! Do you notice a difference if your sleep was restless over when you sleep through the night? I find I have waaayyyy less anxiety on days I slept well. And maybe when the sleep is restless means our temp didn't go down enough for solid sleep? I will have to check that.

Here's an observation on drinking fluids. Even hot liquids,

When you drink enough of them, will cool you down.

Because that warm liquid quickly cools the body and then the body has to keep that extra mass warm for quite a long time.

That's my theory about it and I think this may be why fluids are seemingly anti-thyroid.

Because it's quite easy to drink a pound or two or for you metric folks 1/2 to 1 kg of liquid, and your body must keep that warm for a long period of time.

Then it has to eliminate it, which probably saps you of heat energy and metabolic energy.

So I notice that all fluids will cool me down somewhat and I think that may be the reason.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals