Telangiectasia

Nicholas

Hello. a little over a year ago i started developing two very faint broken capillaries on my face. It took me a long time to realize it was not acne or some other skin issue. i noticed that it was always in the same two places - redness that is almost underneath the skin and may have a surface level bump. about five months ago one of them became more defined. one day while shaving i accidentally nicked one and blood began gushing out of my face like coming out of a blood vessel. over the past week, another one has become more defined. interestingly they seem to get really visible or barely visible like they are related to inflammation. i read a while back that these can be related to liver issues (or excess estrogen).

i had to get blood work recently and a doctor said my liver function was "good" but i have no idea.

visually, electrocautery can apparently remove these.

everything else seems to be going well for me physically. i would like to be able to say that it's related to a specific food issue - and i did notice the problem began when i introduced milk....but i also introduced milk at a time when i likely developed liver issues from going high carb, low protein. The issue has diminished in times of drinking milk, an even being a milk-drinker i consume max 3 cups a day.

So i wanted to see if anyone thinks i'm on the right track in thinking that it's estrogen related? could there be other excesses/deficiencies that would cause broken capillaries on face? i think that it must be life stress related, something outside of the confines of diet for now.

Peata

Maybe this will help you, some info from RP article, full article here: Lactate vs. CO2 in wounds, sickness, and aging; the other approach to cancer

The presence of lactic acid in our tissues is very meaningful, but it is normally treated as only an indicator, rather than as a cause, of biological problems. Its presence in rosacea, arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, neurological diseases and cancer has been recognized, and recently it is being recognized that suppressing it can be curative, after fifty years of denial...

About 50 years ago, lactate was known to induce the formation of new blood vessels, and for a much longer time it has been known to cause vasodilation and edema. In 1968, it was shown to stimulate collagen synthesis.

Normally, collagen synthesis and neovascularization are caused by lack of oxygen, but lactate can cause them to occur even in the presence of oxygen...

It promotes endothelial cell migration and leakiness, with increased vascular permeability factor (VPF or vascular endothelial growth factor, VEGF) (Nagy, et al. 1985): this can lead to breakdown of the "blood-brain barrier."..

Factors that lower the stress hormones, increase carbon dioxide, and help to lower the circulating free fatty acids, lactate, and ammonia, include vitamin B1 (to increase CO2 and reduce lactate), niacinamide (to reduce free fatty acids), sugar (to reduce cortisol, adrenaline, and free fatty acids), salt (to lower adrenaline), thyroid hormone (to increase CO2). Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis (Marshall, et al., 1976)...

Endotoxin is a ubiquitous and chronic stressor. It increases lactate and nitric oxide, poisoning mitochondrial respiration, precipitating the secretion of the adaptive stress hormones, which don't always fully repair the cellular damage.

Aspirin protects cells in many ways, interrupting excitotoxic processes by blocking nitric oxide and prostaglandins, and consequently it inhibits cell proliferation, and in some cases inhibits glycolysis, but the fact that it can inhibit FAS (Beynen, et al., 1982) is very important in understanding its role in cancer.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Peata said:
post 107909 Maybe this will help you, some info from RP article, full article here: Lactate vs. CO2 in wounds, sickness, and aging; the other approach to cancer

The presence of lactic acid in our tissues is very meaningful, but it is normally treated as only an indicator, rather than as a cause, of biological problems. Its presence in rosacea, arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, neurological diseases and cancer has been recognized, and recently it is being recognized that suppressing it can be curative, after fifty years of denial...

About 50 years ago, lactate was known to induce the formation of new blood vessels, and for a much longer time it has been known to cause vasodilation and edema. In 1968, it was shown to stimulate collagen synthesis.

Normally, collagen synthesis and neovascularization are caused by lack of oxygen, but lactate can cause them to occur even in the presence of oxygen...

It promotes endothelial cell migration and leakiness, with increased vascular permeability factor (VPF or vascular endothelial growth factor, VEGF) (Nagy, et al. 1985): this can lead to breakdown of the "blood-brain barrier."..

Factors that lower the stress hormones, increase carbon dioxide, and help to lower the circulating free fatty acids, lactate, and ammonia, include vitamin B1 (to increase CO2 and reduce lactate), niacinamide (to reduce free fatty acids), sugar (to reduce cortisol, adrenaline, and free fatty acids), salt (to lower adrenaline), thyroid hormone (to increase CO2). Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis (Marshall, et al., 1976)...

Endotoxin is a ubiquitous and chronic stressor. It increases lactate and nitric oxide, poisoning mitochondrial respiration, precipitating the secretion of the adaptive stress hormones, which don't always fully repair the cellular damage.

Aspirin protects cells in many ways, interrupting excitotoxic processes by blocking nitric oxide and prostaglandins, and consequently it inhibits cell proliferation, and in some cases inhibits glycolysis, but the fact that it can inhibit FAS (Beynen, et al., 1982) is very important in understanding its role in cancer.

thanks, Peata. This confirms my instincts to experiment with the b-vitamins (Energin), lysine (endotoxin), and taurine/caffeine (liver). With my lifestyle, i've accepted using supplements. I did notice many months ago when i had to get on antibiotics for a week that the angioma faded very dramatically. This has clued me in that it could have a primary endotoxin route. And sometimes all of these issues mysteriously intertwine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peata

Yeah if it were me, I would target all the usual stuff - endotoxin, estrogen, lactic acid, nitric oxide, etc.

Somewhat related, a personal anecdote, A couple years ago I had a "kerotosis" or more like a stain under the skin that I believe to be caused by excess estrogen, and it went away after taking niacinamide.

Also a couple years ago, I've had a reddish spot of, I guess tiny blood vessels, come on during the luteal phase (which for me is low progesterone time so estrogen tends to dominate), one especially would come under my eyebrow. They would go away when hormones balanced again.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Peata said:
post 107914 A couple years ago I had a "kerotosis" or more like a stain under the skin that I believe to be caused by excess estrogen, and it went away after taking niacinamide.

interesting - yeah that is exactly what my most pronounced one looks like....it's not really a typical spider angioma where you see tiny capillaries leading to a central point but it's just this really consistent pink stain under the skin where there's a bump. i wouldn't be fixated on it if it weren't, you know, in the middle of my face. : )

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals