Are There Any Skin Care Ingredients That One Should Absolutely Avoid?

Josh

I have eczema/dry skin and for years i've worked on diet and lifestyle and honestly my skin has improved massively (Less flare ups/Not as dry etc) but every winter things get worse and the last few winters i've put up with it and not applied anything topically (Apart from natural stuff which is no good), but i'm not willing to do that again this year, so i've introduced some moisturisers/gels to apply daily.

Honestly, i've tried every single 'safe' natural thing possible, scanned through every thread possible/made posts but nothing is really that effective, especially compared to a main stream moisturiser.

(I've tried: Squalane/Coconut oil/Shea butter/jojaba oil/tallow/Lanolin and many more i just can't think of at the top of my head).

QUESTION:

Are there any ingredients in skin care that can cause a function of your natural skin to become lazy permanently?

I'm currently using a product that has: Hydrolyzed Collagen, Urea, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid etc (Hada Labo Skin plumping gel: https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face...-Skin-Plumping-Gel-50ml/p/795463#pdp__details)

also use this one: Sebamed Clear face gel, also seems pretty safe from EWG ratings: Clear Face Care Gel 50ml

I do use a few drops of squalane, and apply vaseline around my lips (Vaseline is much better than Lanolin).

Both really helping my skin out massively at the moment! Without them my skin itches so bad. I tested both products on a website called 'Skincharisma' which shows the EWQ rating of each ingredient and honestly this one does not seem too bad.

I only really apply these moisturisers to a small area of my face, so i'm really not bothered about the endocrine disrupting/estrogenic effects of it (which i think will be hardly any bother anyway), it's worth it to me, I am still relentlessly testing things out internally/diet wise, introducing things every week (Got a long list of things i've researched to try out which i'm excited about), but in the mean time i need to be able to not feel so ***t about my skin as it massively effecting my life and the natural stuff does NOT cut it for my skin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom