Suffering With Celiac Disease And Want To Heal My Gut. Please Help

Becca

I avoid Gluten like the plaque, but sometimes I accidentally ingest some. It takes a toll on my body mentally and physically. I have a range of symptoms from brain fog, dizzyness, diarrhea, indigestion, and terrible lower back pain. If anyone could suggest supplements to take or foods to eat I'm willing to try anything to feel better. Especially help for the back pain which I believe is caused by severve inflammation after eating gluten. Please help...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maybe this thread will help:
A Functional "cure" For Gluten Allergy?

I have found that B2 does help me when I want to eat some gluten. I do have gluten intolerance, I get bound up really bad when I eat it. But with B2 keeps things moving.

OP
B

Becca

Thank you so much for responding, I will try that!

Pet Peeve

I avoid Gluten like the plaque, but sometimes I accidentally ingest some. It takes a toll on my body mentally and physically. I have a range of symptoms from brain fog, dizzyness, diarrhea, indigestion, and terrible lower back pain. If anyone could suggest supplements to take or foods to eat I'm willing to try anything to feel better. Especially help for the back pain which I believe is caused by severve inflammation after eating gluten. Please help...

As I have written in other threads methylene blue helps a lot when I have accidentally eaten wheat. I'm interested to hear from others if it helped them too, so if you try mb please report back. I also got major relief from avoiding starches like rice and potato and instant coffee as well as ice-cream and cheese: Cross-Reaction between Gliadin and Different Food and Tissue Antigens

Birdie

Avoiding starches helps me too. But I am trying short grain white rice which seems okay in small amounts. Long grain gets me bloated. I do fine with cheese but only eat Jarlsberg and one other. Can't remember whether the other is asiago or parmesan.. I almost never eat gluten accidentally but have been at this 20+ years so that's a long time to refine my abilities!

That article @Pet Peeve posted looks interesting. Will check it.

If I get back pain I use DMSO and cold packs and aspiring. That usually breaks the pain cycle for me. Sometimes I'll use lidocaine.

DesertRat

I get these enzyme pills such as Glutenease (there are other brands) that break down the gluten; my sister can eat gluten when she takes a few before a meal, but I only use them at restaurants where I might get cross-contamination.
My experience was that it took an extra year to heal because I occasionally took a taste of something. You really have to be super careful the first 2 years or so after developing CD. A mg. of gluten a day can prevent intestinal healing. It's also helpful to avoid all starch for the first 6 months; I don't know why, just experience of others I know as well, could have to do with the gut flora which get messed up from all the immune activation. The gut is rich in stem cells and new intestinal cells are growing every few days. You just have to let the gut heal itself. Gelatin could be useful because it is high in amino acids that help the gut heal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals