Stomach flu

catan

I am having a bad bout of stomach flu. Third day now and the abdominal pain is getting worse, diarrhea, chills, and nausea. Having a lot of trouble keeping anything down as well. Any suggestions on how to cope with the pain and recover faster?

LadyRae

I am having a bad bout of stomach flu. Third day now and the abdominal pain is getting worse, diarrhea, chills, and nausea. Having a lot of trouble keeping anything down as well. Any suggestions on how to cope with the pain and recover faster?
I would take a tablespoon or two of activated charcoal powder with a tall glass of warm water...

Growing up with a naturopathic doctor, she would recommend a mustard pack applied to the stomach just below the belly button. You get the powdered mustard and you make a paste out of it and put a blob on your lower belly covered by a damp washcloth and lay down and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then thoroughly wash it off.

The area will feel quite warm for a little while but it really helps

Momma

would take a tablespoon or two of activated charcoal powder with a tall glass of warm water...
Would she not throw it up? One of my kids had it recently (however, i know kids are more resilient than adults) and we had to let it run its course. No juice. No Pedialyte. No water. Nothing. When we gave her something, i felt it only prolonged the symptoms.

LadyRae

Would she not throw it up? One of my kids had it recently (however, i know kids are more resilient than adults) and we had to let it run its course. No juice. No Pedialyte. No water. Nothing. When we gave her something, i felt it only prolonged the symptoms.
Sometimes they will throw it up and sometimes it will bind to all of the gunk and move it along through so you won't know until you try..

LadyRae

My 9-year-old actually threw up all over the floor in the night, apple of all things, and she just threw up again since I messaged you. Honestly I don't think I could get her to drink the black charcoal water even if I bribed her so with someone so young she will just have to wait it out...

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Vomiting and diarrhea are helpful purges. But they take a tremendous amount of energy. I recommend grape juice and applesauce for tolerable energy support. And very plain chicken foot bone broth. The brand Epic makes a perfect one if you don’t have the energy to make your own. Add butter and salt. Take it easy and rest.

LadyRae

Little Cascade is sipping some peppermint tea sweetened with raw honey right now...

OP
C

catan

I would take a tablespoon or two of activated charcoal powder with a tall glass of warm water...

Growing up with a naturopathic doctor, she would recommend a mustard pack applied to the stomach just below the belly button. You get the powdered mustard and you make a paste out of it and put a blob on your lower belly covered by a damp washcloth and lay down and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then thoroughly wash it off.

The area will feel quite warm for a little while but it really helps
Thanks, I tried this mustard pack yesterday. The warmth does help. I was too tired to do it again though.

OP
C

catan

How long did it take to run it’s course?

Momma

How long did it take to run it’s course?
Once we stopped giving her stuff ~24 to 36 hours. She slept almost the entire time. Never left her bed.

LadyRae

Thanks, I tried this mustard pack yesterday. The warmth does help. I was too tired to do it again though.
My 9 year old slept a lot yesterday too. She kept down a slice of buttered toast at 5pm, but complained of stomach upset an hour after.

She had a magnesium Epsom salt bath that really felt good mid afternoon.

Haven't seen her yet this morning tho

LadyRae

@catan she also had 5 mg (10 drops) methylene blue in a little orange juice at noon, then slept 3 hours!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals