Lysine Cured My Stomach Ache/bad Mood -- My Personal Testimonial

milk_lover

Wow I can't thank whoever opened my eyes to lysine. It's worked wonders for me. I've been using it now for a month and I can safely say it helped me digest food I normally can't digest very well, like bread and gelatin. Now to my personal little story.

The last week I ran out of lysine. Few days ago, there was a post that talks positively about glycine and since we don't have good glycine supplements in my country, I decided to try gelatin again after giving up on it for three months because of digestion problems--on the back of the gelatin unflavored box it says it contains sulfites, maybe that's why. Anyways, my mood got slightly bad the first day, hinting it still pauses digestion problems for me. The next day, my mood got worse and I had slight pain in my stomach and I felt my stomach is not digesting the gelatin and other food as it should. These are obvious signs of increased serotonin production in the gut, mostly because of the introduced gelatin. Mushrooms and bamboo shoots helped relieve the pain by inducing bowel movements. Third day, I was not feeling well; I insisted to make gelatin work for me because of the amazing benefits of glycine. Fourth day, I had stomach ache very badly and I was not in my typical generous mode where I help people in real life and virtual life (the internet). It was so bad that I couldn't talk or laugh!

So my intuition told me to go buy lysine from the pharmacy (Now Foods) and I gulped four pills (2000mg) and all of the sudden, the pain disappeared completely. Literally, no trace of pain at all and my mood got so much better that I started buying gifts to my family and inviting them for dinner and cinema to watch the hateful eight. What the hell?! Lysine costed me a lot of money :joyful: It's no joke, guys. At the dinner, I started to enjoy the food again and I ate a lot, which probably helped to have the best most relieving bowel movement afterwards :handok:

dookie

Very interesting. I have long thought about experimenting with lysine, I got a 1 pound tub of it from Now Foods just sitting in my supplement box.
So you found that it helped with general food intolerance?
Do you experience any side effects from taking it?

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

Very interesting. I have long thought about experimenting with lysine, I got a 1 pound tub of it from Now Foods just sitting in my supplement box.
So you found that it helped with general food intolerance?
Do you experience any side effects from taking it?

Yeah it's helpful with general food intolerance, well at least for me, which brings me to the next point: it encourages you to eat the good or bad food. It's like an appetite enhancer. I gained some weight since starting it. So you might watch your calories and the type of food you eat. Also, I believe it might deplete biotin if supplemented in large quantities for an extended number of days even though I couldn't find info/studies on that online. If you look at the biotin metabolism in the body, it uses up lysine. So the opposite might be true; the increase of lysine might entice biotin to undergo its metabolism, thus, biotin is consumed/decreased. For my personal experience, after one week or two, my balls went inside my body and when I supplemented biotin, they became full and went down followed by increase of libido, which led me to think lysine might have depleted my biotin stores.

Birdie

I've been using lysine for a long time and only recently found that some people are reporting angina they think is related to using too much lysine. So, I thought back over the past several years. In the past 10 years, I've had occasional angina. But for the past several years, haven't had any.

But, lately, I'd been upping the lysine to around 2000 mg a day. Some days more.. And occasionally, I felt the pain again. So, I decided to use just 500 mg daily. A compromise. Anyway, just my experience and my present decision on my dosage.

jyb

I've been using lysine for a long time and only recently found that some people are reporting angina they think is related to using too much lysine.

I'm curious as to where you saw that? Angina sounds like pretty bad stuff.

Birdie

I know it would be handy if I had greater recall and I would have given a source.

Where was it? Reading some forum. Anecdotal. It wasn't a research paper.

Wish I'd written it down.
I do remember that it was generally accepted to be a side effect of using too much. Lots of reports. Sure surprised me. Then I remembered that I, too, had angina at times. Lightbulb.

Might be something to keep in mind in case somebody else experiences it.

Birdie

Yes, that's what Ive used if for...
And you know about the lysine/arginine ratio in treating viruses.

Then, with some advising use of arginine for heart conditions. Can't remember specifics there...
But that could fit in with the angina some are experiencing that they associate with too much lysine.

DaveFoster

Interesting about the angina. Lysine has a very unforgiving dose-response curve for me. It's either peace or disassociation.

sladerunner69

Lysine is really effective at increasing dopamine and decreasing serotonin. I think someone emntionned taking it with BCAA's would increase it's effect dramatically, which I tried and it's definitely true.

Is anyone concerned with supplements and gut irritation? It seems like I have a lot of tummy aches nowadays. And I've begun really taking a lot of supplements. I think it's the magnesium stearate etc

Birdie

I'm a long time user of lysine. 20 years or so. Lately, I've cut back to 500mg a day. My larger doses didn't seem to keep the shingles virus away. But along with topicals, I still think it helps.

Is anyone concerned with supplements and gut irritation? It seems like I have a lot of tummy aches nowadays. And I've begun really taking a lot of supplements. I think it's the magnesium stearate etc

Well, something is irritating my mid section. I think magnesium stearate is not a big offender generally.

sladerunner69

I'm a long time user of lysine. 20 years or so. Lately, I've cut back to 500mg a day. My larger doses didn't seem to keep the shingles virus away. But along with topicals, I still think it helps.

Well, something is irritating my mid section. I think magnesium stearate is not a big offender generally.
Yeah mag stearate seems to be pretty ubiquitous. It's difficult to avoid all these excipients peat warns against. It's irritating to wave to be so concerned with minute details and to have only 1 or 2 options for vitamin k and having to order online and wait for delivery and pay 50 bucks for a months supply....

Parsifal

I think it helps me with vascular problems (very dark circles under the eyes) so to reduce chronically high NO.

Xisca

"Lysine has been investigated for its effects on increasing muscle mass, lowering glucose, and improving anxiety. Case reports suggest lysine may ameliorate angina."
https://www.drugs.com/npc/lysine.html

"Lysine has anxiolytic action through its effects on serotonin receptors in the intestinal tract, and is also hypothesized to reduce anxiety through serotonin regulation in the amygdala."

"Lysine, acting as a serotonin antagonist and therefore reducing the overactivity of these receptors, reduced signs of anxiety and anxiety-induced diarrhea in the sample population."

johnwester130

Yeah mag stearate seems to be pretty ubiquitous. It's difficult to avoid all these excipients peat warns against. It's irritating to wave to be so concerned with minute details and to have only 1 or 2 options for vitamin k and having to order online and wait for delivery and pay 50 bucks for a months supply....

There's a huge business opportunity for someone to make basic peat supplements in capsules, without the fillers.

Haidut does not sell amino acid capsules, maybe he will in the future ?

encerent

Lysine is really effective at increasing dopamine and decreasing serotonin. I think someone emntionned taking it with BCAA's would increase it's effect dramatically, which I tried and it's definitely true.

Tummy aches and general stomach issues happen when I change my diet and/or supplements too much. If I can manage to keep a fairly constant diet and supplement regime for a few weeks, then the problems largely (or completely) go away.

sladerunner69

Tummy aches and general stomach issues happen when I change my diet and/or supplements too much. If I can manage to keep a fairly constant diet and supplement regime for a few weeks, then the problems largely (or completely) go away.

Niacinmide could help as well as small amounts of dissolved aspirin
And of course the shredded carrot salad with coconut oil and white vinegar is an all star in the gut health game

encerent

Niacinmide could help as well as small amounts of dissolved aspirin
And of course the shredded carrot salad with coconut oil and white vinegar is an all star in the gut health game

If I could use only one supp (and I use a lot include most of haidut's) it would be niacinamide. Best substance yet discovered to support human life on earth : )

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals