High Protein Makes Me Crave Fructose

natedawggh

Specifically, I have been taking casein for about a month now (in addition to a moderate amount of eggs, potatoes, chicken, gelatin, and cheese) and every day I have this INSATIABLE craving for fruit. It is not just for sugar, but fructose and fruit and cannot be satisfied by adding sugar to my coffee or having any kind of desserts. Only whole oranges, orange juice or apple juice will satiate it, grapes and peaches will mildly satiate. Being familiar to Ray's work this is not a surprise to me, but thought I would share (also, adding casein has added a significant boost to my continued health improvement, chiefly my mood which has seemed to stabilize greatly in addition to the use of lysine and feverfew... I know casein has helped stabilize my moods because there was a period of a few days when I ran out of casein and experienced an obvious and precipitous drop in my health and energy, even though I was still taking lysine and feverfew. I have a hunch that casein is helping to also lower serotonin and increase dopamine).

jaywills

I can relate to this craving for fruit, but only if the fruit is ripe.

Surprised to see you are eating chicken. I assume it is organic breast? Have you not experienced any sides with the high tryptophan content?

Additionally, what brand of casein do you use? I am very interested to supplement but it's hard to find a genuine quality brand without fillers additives and a poor amino profile.

XPlus

Neither sucrose or fructose have the nutritional value of fruit, especially when ripe.
I think fruit tends to be the more satisfying because the natural balance of microeconomics lacking in pure sugar.

Enzymes in fruit assist in breaking down proteins.
So it's likely to have a good digestion experience combining fruit with protein in a meal.

Also, more protein requires more sugar to balance out blood sugar.
I tend to feel low blood sugar instantly after eating a large protein-rich meal and it's more satisfying having a glass of orange juice than sugared milk.

I've noticed that fresh juice from ripe fruit is much more satisfying than the packaged pasteurized juice from the store.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals