Would A Headache Caused By L-lysine Be Corrected If I Added L-arginine?

kaybee

I have been suffering from horrible digestion (bloating, cramps) and horrible anxiety/weakness.

I read that studies showed that supplementing L-Lysine and L-arginine was proven to be beneficial for anxiety.
Since I eat only a little protein per day, I thought of trying L-lysine.

I took 200mg in the morning with breakfast (eggs, lentils) and for the rest of the day, I suffered from a headache on the front left lobe. It just wouldn't go away!

I found THIS forum when searching for information about Lysine and headaches, and it seemed as if taking l-lysine with food could screw up protein digestion and cause ammonia? Am right on this?

My questions are:

Would taking L-arginine balance it out (since it's supposed to help with ammonia?)
And, should I take these two together at the same time away from food?

I'm very sensitive and react to a bunch of stuff!

fradon

that is a somewhat small amount of lysine. but lysine does effect calcium and that could be the issue with your headache. you can try the argnine but you can also try vitmamin C, magnesium, potassium or sodium, b6, and vitamin d

lysine and arginine antagonize each other so i would not take them at the same time if you have a purpose for each one.

for example arginine increases NOS which can help with erectile disfunction so you would not take lyrise with it because it would negate that

lysine is good for healing cold sores and argnine promotes cold sores.

if lysine constricted your blood vessels in your head then arginince may dilate them so give it a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals