Lysine Cured My Stomach Ache/bad Mood -- My Personal Testimonial

Frankdee20

I've been using lysine for a long time and only recently found that some people are reporting angina they think is related to using too much lysine. So, I thought back over the past several years. In the past 10 years, I've had occasional angina. But for the past several years, haven't had any.

But, lately, I'd been upping the lysine to around 2000 mg a day. Some days more.. And occasionally, I felt the pain again. So, I decided to use just 500 mg daily. A compromise. Anyway, just my experience and my present decision on my dosage.

Lysine is an antagonist to the Nitric Oxide substrate Amino Acids like Arginine/Citrulline. Perhaps that contributes to heart issues.

Terma

Lysine has been the best amino acid to me. Every other day I take 4g. Helps (my) mood, connective tissue, skin. I have trouble with gelatin, but all I have to do is add lysine and everything is fine.

I don't know why it's so good. On paper I should be getting loads from diet, but lysine HCl seems superior. Digestive issues maybe, but not convinced it's that alone.

Birdie

Yes, that's what Ive used if for...
And you know about the lysine/arginine ratio in treating viruses.

Then, with some advising use of arginine for heart conditions. Can't remember specifics there...
But that could fit in with the angina some are experiencing that they associate with too much lysine.
Still keeping this in mind. I had cut back on chocolate to reduce arginine, but lately having a square every day or so. Not taking lysine though.

After breakfast with supplements, I've had a tummy upset these past few days. I'm not thinking it's from the chocolate. And I do feel fine until toward the end of breakfast. I started putting half of my food on a little plate to save for later, thinking I was eating after feeling full. Still got tummy upset.

Then, had only half my oj. Still upset.

So, I came to the forum for help.

I found @milk_lover s comment about lysine for his stomach, and just took a Now lysine 500mg capsule. I'll see if that helps.

My main reason for using lysine in the past has been to discourage viral outbreaks. The lysine/arginine ratio approach.
If I take too much I get heart pain, which happens. Looking to find a good balance. Right now I just want to stop the stomach pain.

Birdie

" I gulped four pills (2000mg) and all of the sudden, the pain disappeared completely." MilkLover said.

I'd better take more. I'm small so will take 1000mg more to get a 1500mg dose. Thanks MilkLover.

Jon2547

I've been taking Lysine off and on for a few months. Seems to have tremendous benefits when taken in isolation. It pairs well with vitamin C and these two work together against plaques in the blood vessels and mouth. I take breaks from it from time to time and take about 30 min. before eating.

NodeCerebri

Lysine is great, yes, but only works for me for a couple of days. After that I get those usual high serotonin symptoms, still don’t know why to this day. I take it intermittently, along with my proprietary AA blend.

lilsticky

shouldn't lysine be incorporated with enteric coated capsules? opinions on that?