Estrogen Dominance At 16

lampofred

i' ve read girls your age usually go on birth control in order to better manager their periods as the birth control has progesterone.

the excercise you were doing most likely lowered your estrogen level and extremem excercise can even halt menstruation.

also certain foods can increases progesterone like yams and sweet pototatoes you may look into that.

the one issue to look out for is excess sugar consumptions because it lowers SHBG and you need this to bound to your E and T without you get out of control estrogen. also high glucose over time can create insuline resistance and also lead to high Testosterone output from the ovaries and lead to PCOS.

A lot of this is literally the exact opposite of what Peat says. I think personal opinions that conflict with Peat's ideas should at least have a disclaimer so that people aren't confused as to what Peat's arguments are.

Douglas Ek

A lot of this is literally the exact opposite of what Peat says. I think personal opinions that conflict with Peat's ideas should at least have a disclaimer so that people aren't confused as to what Peat's arguments are.

Strenious exercise lowers blood glucoae which increase cortisol and in turn increase estrogen. This increase in estrogen and cortisol is what halts menstruation because your body believes your starving and cant nurture a baby. On top of that birth control pills dont contain progesterone. They contain synthetic hormones that wreck havoc on your normal hormones. And high sugar does not increase insulin resistance or anything like that at all. Its PUFA that increase insulin resistance lowers glucose increase cortisol and estrogen again and makes you diabetic and sick.

Cirion

I suppose my post should have disclaimer too then since RP clearly does not promote Iodine supplementation at least not at the levels that Dr. Brown & Dr. Abraham / others suggest. Not sure why. I agree with RP on most things though, and I have to thank him for finally starting my journey to health.

And that milk you were gonna buy sounds very good, I hope you enjoyed it . The only thing I am wondering is if the bread and dairy is so terrible in the states then how do you get your iodine in? Do you supplement?

Good to hear your bread and milk is better than here & that your Dr's are a little better there it seems. We have had an epidemic in thyroid disease as well as an exponential rise in baby disorders like autism. Dr. Brown believes the incredible instance rate of autism (and others) is solely due to Iodine insufficiency. Yes, I am now on a high dose regimen to attempt to fix my levels and plan to see a Dr. to get tested when I get the chance. I used to drink Mt. Dew as a kid and young adult. 2 L of mountain dew has 8mg of Bromine. To put that into perspective, the RDA of Iodine is only 0.125 mg here. I'll leave you to do the math to see how bad that is. I don't even know how much Chlorine one absorbs after 1 hr of swimming, but it very well be more than 8mg. I just finished reading a section of Dr. Brown's book where he said 100% of patients he tested, tested HIGH on bromine toxicity. Yes, 100%. No one was safe. That is just shocking. 96% of patients were Iodine insufficient, and 100% were Bromine toxic. Anyone who thinks we don't need Iodine is just putting their head in the sand after hearing that kind of statistic. Iodine is crucial both for cleansing the bromine AND for replenishing Iodine stores. BTW, also just learned that Iodine is used in just about every cell in the body - therefore 0.125 mg (RDA for Iodine) is not enough for the whole body, and not even enough to prevent thyroid disease / goiter anymore. A forum member here just informed me through a few scientific papers that Iodine has yet another use - It can inactivate PUFA's by bonding to it and forming Iodostearic acid, a bioequivalent form of stearic acid (from saturated fats).

Btw, the milk was good! Raw milk has a slightly yellow tint to it, and a very mild flavor compared to commercial milk, and doesn't seem to give me brain fog after drinking it like CAFO milk does.

I did not knew that brain fog is a sign of hypo. Sometimes my head just feels very heavy and that happens a lot, also after coffee and sometimes after breakfast. I used to make eggs in butter but my mother threw the package away I think. I read an article saying that BVO is only used in the US. In Europe those companies use glycerol components of rosines or ''sucrose acetate isobutyrate'' (that's what the article says) as a substitute for BVO.
That's good. I hope we can convince food companies here to do the same. In the morning our blood sugar is lowest, so this is where symptoms of blood sugar problems tend to be most relevant. One way to check the overall state of your health is to measure your body temperature and pulse at various points in the day. You want to have 98.6F in the morning, and something like 75-80 bpm pulse at least. I'm at around 98.0 in the mornings myself, so I still have a ways to go.

I also know about epigenetics, we talked about it at school. Maybe it is indeed environmental because I lost weight a few years back when my sister started getting me to exercise. I noticed I kept putting weight on from especially peanut butter and Nutella. Both have pufa added to them here. As soon as I switched to cheese only the weight gain stopped , and my skin went back from purple to pink. This was far before I even knew about Peat .

Yes weight loss is not governed by calories (as I thought for most of my life, being a chronic dieter myself) but it is governed solely by endocrine health. This is why chasing the latest fad diet and chronically dieting never provides lasting weight loss. This is also why you see people who can eat "whatever they want" and not get fat - because they have a very healthy endocrine system. Out of all accepted medical ideas, the fact that calories do not govern weight loss is going to be the hardest idea for them to give up. It's so pervasive that even on these forums people think you're crazy to suggest this.

I will see how I feel the next few months. If my issues keep coming back then maybe I will consider the pill. Like I said I have yet to meet anyone who did not develop some very strange side effect from the pill . Very sad about your ex but was bi-polar the reason you two stopped dating then? That must be terrible for both of you . If that is private I don't mind you not telling me of course

It's fine. It was definitely a factor. I learned a lot from it, so it's all good. I do now realize you need two healthy people to make a relationship truly work. I believe we can thank how unhealthy most people are for how many relationships fail nowadays. Normally the blame falls on "incompatibility" and "well he/she is a jerk". I (mostly) disagree now. Yes, compatibility matters (and you should strive to find someone compatible in many ways) but things truly look so much different to you and you react to people in all the relationships in your life (family, friends, colleagues at work) when you're in good health vs. unhealth. Btw, often times someone is a jerk merely because they have a messed up endocrine system. True, some people are just plain jerks period, but I can tell you when I'm unhealthy I am not pleasant to be around haha.

Last edited:
OP
D

dutchmiss

Its not a recommendation against he says that obviously anemia from iron deficiency is an actual thing. Especially if theres been a source of bleeding like in this case. If you got cut and lost a lot of blood for exampel you wouldnt take iron? Its really hard to restore anemia without supplements and just eating liver 24/7. Ray says having high iron is bad. And iron tends to build up the older you get but there are ways to both lower and protect yoursef. U can donate blood, theres tons of supplements that lower iron. And also be sure to get enough vitamin E and C as they both protect the body from excess oxidation. But controlled oxidation is an important process of the body. I can post so many studies saying that iron and a deficiency causes thyroid problems, low testosterone, low dopamine and a lot of other symptoms. Living with anemia is linked to an 60% increase in alhzeimers. People are just taking the iron problem to far. If you’re numbers are normal accorsing to blood tests you have nothing to worry about. Mostly hemochromatosis patients who have problem.

Thanks for commenting again . A part of my grandmothers side of the family had hemochromatosis but she did not pass those genes down to us. She also did a blood test herself and she did not have it. I am sure you can have too little iron but I thought maybe that if you take supplements for very long you will develop other symptoms. I am not sure if your gf experienced anyside effects from taking iron .

OP
D

dutchmiss

Strenious exercise lowers blood glucoae which increase cortisol and in turn increase estrogen. This increase in estrogen and cortisol is what halts menstruation because your body believes your starving and cant nurture a baby. On top of that birth control pills dont contain progesterone. They contain synthetic hormones that wreck havoc on your normal hormones. And high sugar does not increase insulin resistance or anything like that at all. Its PUFA that increase insulin resistance lowers glucose increase cortisol and estrogen again and makes you diabetic and sick.

I thought the same thing this is not what Peat says. I was menstruating actually while exercising. That's what I said in my first post, the pain was practically non existent so maybe back then I was estrogen dominant all the time and I did not even knew it, so that when I would start the first two weeks of the cycle again I would not feel anything because the hormones did not change

OP
D

dutchmiss

I suppose my post should have disclaimer too then since RP clearly does not promote Iodine supplementation at least not at the levels that Dr. Brown & Dr. Abraham / others suggest. Not sure why. I agree with RP on most things though, and I have to thank him for finally starting my journey to health.

Good to hear your bread and milk is better than here & that your Dr's are a little better there it seems. We have had an epidemic in thyroid disease as well as an exponential rise in baby disorders like autism. Dr. Brown believes the incredible instance rate of autism (and others) is solely due to Iodine insufficiency. Yes, I am now on a high dose regimen to attempt to fix my levels and plan to see a Dr. to get tested when I get the chance. I used to drink Mt. Dew as a kid and young adult. 2 L of mountain dew has 8mg of Bromine. To put that into perspective, the RDA of Iodine is only 0.125 mg here. I'll leave you to do the math to see how bad that is. I don't even know how much Chlorine one absorbs after 1 hr of swimming, but it very well be more than 8mg. I just finished reading a section of Dr. Brown's book where he said 100% of patients he tested, tested HIGH on bromine toxicity. Yes, 100%. No one was safe. That is just shocking. 96% of patients were Iodine insufficient, and 100% were Bromine toxic. Anyone who thinks we don't need Iodine is just putting their head in the sand after hearing that kind of statistic. Iodine is crucial both for cleansing the bromine AND for replenishing Iodine stores. BTW, also just learned that Iodine is used in just about every cell in the body - therefore 0.125 mg (RDA for Iodine) is not enough for the whole body, and not even enough to prevent thyroid disease / goiter anymore. A forum member here just informed me through a few scientific papers that Iodine has yet another use - It can inactivate PUFA's by bonding to it and forming Iodostearic acid, a bioequivalent form of stearic acid (from saturated fats).

Btw, the milk was good! Raw milk has a slightly yellow tint to it, and a very mild flavor compared to commercial milk, and doesn't seem to give me brain fog after drinking it like CAFO milk does.

That's good. I hope we can convince food companies here to do the same. In the morning our blood sugar is lowest, so this is where symptoms of blood sugar problems tend to be most relevant. One way to check the overall state of your health is to measure your body temperature and pulse at various points in the day. You want to have 98.6F in the morning, and something like 75-80 bpm pulse at least. I'm at around 98.0 in the mornings myself, so I still have a ways to go.

Yes weight loss is not governed by calories (as I thought for most of my life, being a chronic dieter myself) but it is governed solely by endocrine health. This is why chasing the latest fad diet and chronically dieting never provides lasting weight loss. This is also why you see people who can eat "whatever they want" and not get fat - because they have a very healthy endocrine system. Out of all accepted medical ideas, the fact that calories do not govern weight loss is going to be the hardest idea for them to give up. It's so pervasive that even on these forums people think you're crazy to suggest this.

It's fine. It was definitely a factor. I learned a lot from it, so it's all good. I do now realize you need two healthy people to make a relationship truly work. I believe we can thank how unhealthy most people are for how many relationships fail nowadays. Normally the blame falls on "incompatibility" and "well he/she is a jerk". I (mostly) disagree now. Yes, compatibility matters (and you should strive to find someone compatible in many ways) but things truly look so much different to you and you react to people in all the relationships in your life (family, friends, colleagues at work) when you're in good health vs. unhealth. Btw, often times someone is a jerk merely because they have a messed up endocrine system. True, some people are just plain jerks period, but I can tell you when I'm unhealthy I am not pleasant to be around haha.

Thanks for your comment again sir. People don't really care what they eat here (my mom works in healthcare so my family does certainly a little more), we have a word for that in Dutch, it's ''nuchter''. That means either that you are sober or you are (like all dutch people) normal and you don't go overboard with stuff. US nutrition coaches and doctors seem crazy to me sometimes. all of the weird green juices, salads with tons of dressing, chicken and such. We think that is very strange here. I certainly will not be taking bromine anymore if I see it upon an ingedreint list. Thank you very much for letting me know because I had never heard of it .

The autism here is here either blamed on genetics or the mother having children way too late. Women here wait very long with children, usually until early 30s and doctors say it increases their risk of having children with for instance Down Syndrome. I am not sure is autism is solely dependent upon iodine deficiency especially because Peat recommends against usages at very high doses . I am not sure what you think in regards to what PEat says about iodine. He seems critical .And did Haidut posted that study?

Calories don't matter I think, I agree with you . The doctors here I think also agree but they will recommend cardio solely for weight loss. Weight loss is not a very common discussion here bc everybody in Holland is very lean. I just used to put weight on at places it was very visible and I wanted it to go away but I wasn't obese. I rarely meet obese people here. And sugar is blamed here on weight gain (lol).

Well good to hear you both have learned from it. Indeed it takes two people in good health for a good relationship to function. But also the other way around, if one person develops depression for instance then the other friend has to be nicer. You truly find out who you friends are when health diminishes. I was very surprised to find out how many nice people on the forum here (who are in very good health) are willing to talk to me about this stuff. I also become a bit impolite when I get brain fog at my teenage job when I am working with customers because sometimes I am unable to eat for a few hours .

Good to hear the milk was great!! I would love to try raw milk but it is unavailable here. So I am going to enjoy a glass with honey now :)

Redshine

Dutchmiss in wich part of the country you live in? North, easth, south ore west? You are very young and youre parents problaby have to agree with it but there are some very good farmers in the Netherlands for raw milk. Not sure if this is allowed but if you never drank raw milk before there is 1 farmer with really good milk to start with, it is raw a2a2 grassfed milk. But since youre just 16 I don't know if you are abble to go there or maybe youre parents want to drive.
Maybe by the Ekoplaza they have some good quallity milk, sometimes I buy my milk there its pasturized but grassfed. I found out that the farm is nearby me so I mostly buy it by him on the farm.

OP
D

dutchmiss

Dutchmiss in wich part of the country you live in? North, easth, south ore west? You are very young and youre parents problaby have to agree with it but there are some very good farmers in the Netherlands for raw milk. Not sure if this is allowed but if you never drank raw milk before there is 1 farmer with really good milk to start with, it is raw a2a2 grassfed milk. But since youre just 16 I don't know if you are abble to go there or maybe youre parents want to drive.
Maybe by the Ekoplaza they have some good quallity milk, sometimes I buy my milk there its pasturized but grassfed. I found out that the farm is nearby me so I mostly buy it by him on the farm.

Thanks for your comment Redshine. I live West , province Northern Holland. We have an ekoplaza here so I can search maybe there. Do you live in the west as well?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals