SLEEP

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh. That's wonderful. I sent it to my daughter but she didn't comment. Doesn't mean she didn't like it.
I hope to get over to your ice cream thread today.
Oh please do! I had a friend come over last weekend for a cooking class, wanting to learn how to make my custard and my homemade (no cream or yolks) ice cream and was shocked how little effort they both take to make. They are game changers though. See you over there! ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

Oh my gosh I found the Holy Grail sleep solution, bag breathing! Why we hadn’t thought of that before, it was amazing, wide awake in the middle of the night, last night using that technique!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
One big game changer in my sleep quality has been silk pillow cases. I originally bought them for my skin and hair, but they have offered so much more. Not only do I wake up without ruddy skin, but my hair looks shiny and health and I don’t have puffy eyes in the morning since switching to them five years ago. I don’t struggle to get comfortable in my pillows during the night either. My grandmother told me, on more than one occasion, that we sleep one third of our lives away so be sure to invest in good quality sheets and bedding. She emphasized high thread count sheets, and she was so right. I have attached a photo of the ones I have….

“As I crawled into bed, my first impression of Blissy was very good. I’ve tried quite a few silk pillowcases before, but this was something different. It was cool on my skin and super comfortable. It felt almost like resting your head on a cloud.

I woke up exactly 8.5 hours later and I was very surprised. First of all, it’s been years since I got more than 8 hours of sleep in one night. It became obvious right away that I hadn’t slept this well in forever.”

Attachments

• 088AD25B-17B0-444E-AD7D-3E9D2B7F200F.png
    088AD25B-17B0-444E-AD7D-3E9D2B7F200F.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 26

Birdie

I like them too. That price is crazy. :):

OP
Rinse & rePeat
hi,i have observed that the deepest,most enjoyable sleep i experience,after wich i wake up feeling that i came out of mother womb,possibly dreamless,is when i eat only foods that make me reach the highest degree of relaxion,and the foods that make me reach the highest degree of relaxion are perfectly ripe fruits that do make me experience characteristics associated with a high alkaline load,child associated characteristics.any acidic foods,even the ones that i prefer,such as to much honey relative to fruits,meat/fat/organs do make my sleep less good,make the sleep duration longer,increase dreams frequency drastically specifically at the last part of my night,and feel less good when i wake up
I have been having honey at night, but I will have to give fruit in the evening another try. So far leaving a small light on and bag breathing, and doing it again if I wake up in the night, has been my best results so far. I am still trying to figure the food situation, and so far meat is not it, by far!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Since glucose and salt are used to treat shock (intravenous 7.5% salt solutions are effective), it seems appropriate to use carbohydrate (preferably sugar, rather than starch) and salty foods during the night, to minimize the stress reaction. They lower adrenalin and cortisol, and help to maintain the volume and fluidity of blood. Thyroid, to maintain adequate carbon dioxide, is often all it takes to improve the blood levels of salt, glucose, and adrenalin.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I wonder why I am never tired. I fall asleep easy and wake up refreshed and ready to go after only a couple of hours sleep? I just don’t seem to require much sleep. I know this can’t be good for me in the long run. The bag breathing before bed and when I wake up in the night is still my best strategy….

“Researchers claim that people need around 8 hours of sleep to function properly.
But that's not true for everybody. A small group (1 to 3 percent) of the population are among the "sleepless elite" who are able to get by happily on just a few hours of sleep.”

Summer

One big game changer in my sleep quality has been silk pillow cases. I originally bought them for my skin and hair, but they have offered so much more. Not only do I wake up without ruddy skin, but my hair looks shiny and health and I don’t have puffy eyes in the morning since switching to them five years ago. I don’t struggle to get comfortable in my pillows during the night either. My grandmother told me, on more than one occasion, that we sleep one third of our lives away so be sure to invest in good quality sheets and bedding. She emphasized high thread count sheets, and she was so right. I have attached a photo of the ones I have….

“As I crawled into bed, my first impression of Blissy was very good. I’ve tried quite a few silk pillowcases before, but this was something different. It was cool on my skin and super comfortable. It felt almost like resting your head on a cloud.

I woke up exactly 8.5 hours later and I was very surprised. First of all, it’s been years since I got more than 8 hours of sleep in one night. It became obvious right away that I hadn’t slept this well in forever.”

Thanks for the suggestion. You and JamesGatz have convinced me to spend more on new bedding than I thought I ever would hahah. Wool pillows and comforter, silk pillow cases. The last thing I need is something to put my mattress at an incline and then maybe I’ll be able to sleep well.

Jennifer

I wonder why I am never tired. I fall asleep easy and wake up refreshed and ready to go after only a couple of hours sleep? I just don’t seem to require much sleep. I know this can’t be good for me in the long run. The bag breathing before bed and when I wake up in the night is still my best strategy….

My guess would be elevated stress hormones, especially given the stress you’ve been under. What you describe was my mum most of her life, mainly due to hypothyroidism caused by her history of undereating, and what I experienced prior to increasing my fat and protein intake this year. I had a brief period when I first increased them of crushing fatigue and intense back pain almost as bad as when my spine collapsed, but I felt so relaxed, my chronic hypoglycemia vanished and I was finally sleeping straight through the night. I figured out that the inexhaustible energy, absence of back pain, high temps and increased caloric needs I experienced prior to the dietary changes weren’t actually a result of improved thyroid function but adrenaline, something that had been difficult for me to decipher over the years. I kept thinking the fix was increasing carbs and lowering protein, but I’ve actually had to lower my thyroid dose since increasing fat and protein. Anyhow, I hope you find a solution soon, Rinse.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My guess would be elevated stress hormones, especially given the stress you’ve been under. What you describe was my mum most of her life, mainly due to hypothyroidism caused by her history of undereating, and what I experienced prior to increasing my fat and protein intake this year. I had a brief period when I first increased them of crushing fatigue and intense back pain almost as bad as when my spine collapsed, but I felt so relaxed, my chronic hypoglycemia vanished and I was finally sleeping straight through the night. I figured out that the inexhaustible energy, absence of back pain, high temps and increased caloric needs I experienced prior to the dietary changes weren’t actually a result of improved thyroid function but adrenaline, something that had been difficult for me to decipher over the years. I kept thinking the fix was increasing carbs and lowering protein, but I’ve actually had to lower my thyroid dose since increasing fat and protein. Anyhow, I hope you find a solution soon, Rinse.
Good insight for me Jennifer. All I can do is keep up my progesterone, bag breathing, grounding, sunshine and pristine eating and let my body do what it wants. This morning around 5:30 I tried the salt angle, and poured myself a quarter cup of clam juice and mixed it with equal parts water and drank it down and followed it up with a spoonful of Manuka honey and it put me back to sleep. I am gonna try that again earlier in the night. The Cento clam juice has 50% vitamin D just in those few tablespoons.

Jennifer

@Rinse & rePeat, interesting combination. I'm glad it worked. Do you like clam chowder? I used to make it quite a bit, back when I still ate clams.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat, interesting combination. I'm glad it worked. Do you like clam chowder? I used to make it quite a bit, back when I still ate clams.
Clam chowder is good, but I don’t want the potatoes, flour, cream or the iron that comes with it. It is too heavy for my taste buds right now. I like that the clam juice doesn’t have iron, like the clams do, and I can can drink it cold. It tastes like the ocean.

Jennifer

Clam chowder is good, but I don’t want the potatoes, flour, cream or the iron that comes with it. It is too heavy for my taste buds right now. I like that the clam juice doesn’t have iron, like the clams do, and I can can drink it cold. It tastes like the ocean.

I understand. I don't care for starch so my chowder didn't contain potatoes or flour, however, I used whole milk for the base so it did contain cream.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I understand. I don't care for starch so my chowder didn't contain potatoes or flour, however, I used whole milk for the base so it did contain cream.
You always have great suggestions and info so don’t be sorry, I wanna hear! I still eat your white whipped honey daily!

I slept better than usual last night, because I took a baby aspirin AND progesterone before bedtime. I had to take a vitamin K because that is too many blood thinners at one for me, considering I had taken Progest-E earlier in the day too. I had pineapple juice mixed with your white whipped honey and some water a couple hours earlier and I slept a straight 6.5 hours!

Jennifer

You always have great suggestions and info so don’t be sorry, I wanna hear! I still eat your white whipped honey daily!

I slept better than usual last night, because I took a baby aspirin AND progesterone before bedtime. I had to take a vitamin K because that is too many blood thinners at one for me, considering I had taken Progest-E earlier in the day too. I had pineapple juice mixed with your white whipped honey and some water a couple hours earlier and I slept a straight 6.5 hours!

Woo-hoo! That’s great! I’m glad you made it passed the 2 hour mark. Progest-E was one of the few things that helped my mum sleep. When she was diagnosed with cancer, for the 6 weeks prior to her surgery, she was going through a bottle a week and sleeping 5 hours a night. Prior to that she was lucky if she got 2.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Woo-hoo! That’s great! I’m glad you made it passed the 2 hour mark. Progest-E was one of the few things that helped my mum sleep. When she was diagnosed with cancer, for the 6 weeks prior to her surgery, she was going through a bottle a week and sleeping 5 hours a night. Prior to that she was lucky if she got 2.

I used the Progest-E again last night along with 2 baby aspirin and a vitamin k and slept 8 hours last night only waking up once! I will keep this up for awhile until my body gets back into it’s rhythm and my stress subsided a little more. Thanks for sticking with me on this one girl :)

mrdannyg3

It fascinates me how different we all are. If I took progesterone, aspirin and K before bed it probably would stimulate me and keep me up for hours more. Obviously the dosage matters. I generally stop all supplements by 2

Jennifer

I used the Progest-E again last night along with 2 baby aspirin and a vitamin k and slept 8 hours last night only waking up once! I will keep this up for awhile until my body gets back into it’s rhythm and my stress subsided a little more. Thanks for sticking with me on this one girl :)

WOW! You're on a roll, girl. How did last night go?

Jennifer

@mrdannyg3, you generally stop all supplements by 2 because you find them too stimulating at night?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals