Sleep On The Floor

Luis_Marrafon

Has anyone tried using tatami mats under a Japanese futon? I'm just wondering how much it matters to have one.

I've been sleeping on sheepskin (on carpet) with my two kids and it's been amazing. However, my older child is wanting her own sleeping space, so I'm looking at 3" organic Japanese futons. The room has cork flooring so it's not hard.

Man, did you do it?

I`m planning to use tatami mats under Japanese futon on an inclined bed.

Jib

I was using a papasan chair cushion on the floor as my bed for about 10 years. It eventually got completely torn up and instead of replacing it, I accepted a mattress from my friend. No box spring or frame. Just plopped it on the floor. It's medium hardness.

I liked the papasan cushion better. Just enough padding to be perfect. I remember waking up feeling more refreshed than I do lately. I could feel the hard floor beneath the papasan cushion, I jokingly referred to it as my dog bed. I always use the recovery position as shown here:

Also: I use a task / desk chair with the back removed for sitting at the computer, and a Comfi Life coccyx cushion. I sit cross legged when I'm at the computer probably 95% of the time. The backless swivel chair really makes a tremendous difference. He's very right about the importance of using these postures.

The Lillipad full squatting platform for the toilet is also great.

This is making me want to go back to sleeping on the floor for real. The mattress I have now is OK and it's definitely better than being on a frame/box spring, at least. We'll see if I'll go back to my old ways. I can vouch for how good it made me feel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals