protocol to recover sleep in early cannabis withdrawal

goodandevil

Hi everyone, glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

I am an ex-stoner. Its been two months and my sleep is horrible, all over the place. I read about effects of cannabis on endocrine system. I feel that pregnenelone may help me and.ive ordered 10mg sublingual. My gf is hashimoto's and therefore I have access to armour. I started now gamma e complex, b100, life.extension k2 about.two.weeks ago. I had been taking d 5000 and mg glycinate.for some time. My primary problems are extremely rapid hair.loss.since.quitting.two months ago, very poor sleep qualith and.duration, acne, and also a very recalcitrant case of pelvic floor myopathy which has persisted for two years. My right eye seems to be.im.constant spasm. I used melatonin for some time.

I.would like.to.hit.up a.doctor, im thinking a female would be more amenable,.for cypro and a minimum.of tests.to get started. Thankfully my history of drug seeking.behavior.may benefit me.to.get what I want. Im on welfare and.dont pay my bills so I.can doctor.shop like its QVC.

My strategy now is to throw.pills at the.problem until.I.can improve my sleep. I dont have t4'onky, I heard rp.recommends that for sleep? I have.high.cholesterol, low crp, low.triglycerides.but that was after a brief.stint.of paleo. What would you experienced.people suggest for the minimum amount of tests, eniugh.to get prescribed.thyroie, but not enough.to get prescribed zyprexa? I take coconut.oil. with every meal. I tried gelatin but cant handle the.bloating.or the flavor of pig b.o. I heard it has liposacharides. I incur bunefit.from fos and.inulin, as well as yogurt. Its definitely helping me.

Well I think.thats it, thank you so much! God bless

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

I also am unsure as to the reliability of.temp reading because.of my constantly varyijg sleep patterns. Sugar and fat doesnt seem to help very much, glycine dose but.I.bloat too much. My hands have been warmer since.ive been ingesting more sugars. My bory type has always been cold hands and.feet. incedentally, ive read some studies.positing.thyroid dysfunction as a causative factor for rewtless legs, which I also suffer from. I have tyrosine.on hand.

tara

Do you want to post what and how much you are eating? Have you tried running it through cronometer to assess what nutrients you re getting?
I tend to think it's worth checking and tuning up nutrition before throwing in too many extra supplements.

If you take several temp readings, on waking in the morning, a while after breakfast, and a couple more for a few days, it might tell a useful story.
I've had chronically cold hands and feet too. They say adrenaline, compensating for low thyroid and or low blood sugar.
Have you tried frequent small balanced meals through the day? And supper and a small sweet/salt snack by the bed for when you wake up in the night?

burtlancast

I suspect your sleep problems aren't related to cannabis, but to another substance/problem.

Or maybe you used an energizing strain (sativa) instead of a sedative one (indica)

Have you tried niacinamide ?

It's a well known natural sedative, that's acting too as an antidote to cannabis intoxications.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Thanks for replies. Im building a temp history. Today it was 95.9 upon waking.

For tests im thinking tsh, t3, e2, prolactin .. maybe dhea.I.dont know hlw pregnenelone would be tested. What do you think? Thank you tara for reply

Burtlancast: excellent name! I dont smoke any more, havent.for two months. This is my second time quitting. Sad but.true. I began getting chills and pupil dilation when I.didnt vape. I ate a lot of salt and it seemed to help, but a lot of chronic smokas get hot.flashes, sweats, &etc after maybe 7-10 years smoking. I wish it weren't true, but it is, for me at least. I want to be cool, but now im a square.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Also, I have b100s I.think they have 100mcg or mg niacinimide, should I.try an increased dosage? Im really tempted to.cop but I.dont want to give up.or affect blood tests.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Another question: I found a new.doctor with a really good rating for interpersonal skills. To I.be straight up about ray peat or not? I was thinking.of saying my dad got a lot of thyroid problems right at my age (34), they put him on synthroid, and he felt a lot.better. Doctors seem to like family stories like that. I dont respect doctors at all so I feel like I should lie?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

My gf has 75 grain armour im tempted to grund one up and try some for sleep. I dont know if the t3 would worsen insomnia.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Found this :Re: Alcohol and Marijuana through the Peat Prism

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 5:35 amI asked Ray about quitting smoking cannabis, heres what he said:Q: I wondered if you had any advice for someone attempting to cease long term heavy cannabis/tobacco use? A: At first, shifting to using them in the form of a tea, eliminating the smoke toxicity. Then, using pregnenolone, progesterone, thyroid, niacinamide, aspirin, and a diet emphasizing milk, cheese, and fruit.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Ok homies I got 60 mg armour. Temp is still low, 96.5, according to my great valuish thermometer. How much armour should I start at? Im going to request blood tests electronically and if they ok it ill just have them mail it to me so I dont have to see tge dr. Should I get blood tests before I start armour and pregnenelone or can I go by temps?

tara

goodandevil said:
Ok homies I got 60 mg armour. Temp is still low, 96.5, according to my great valuish thermometer. How much armour should I start at? Im going to request blood tests electronically and if they ok it ill just have them mail it to me so I dont have to see tge dr. Should I get blood tests before I start armour and pregnenelone or can I go by temps?

I'm in favour of starting low and increasing slowly with NDT, because the T4 has a long half life, and it is easier to adjust upwards than to reduce dose if you've been taking too much.

Eg 1/4 tablet(ie 1/4 of 60mg=15mg) daily, pref in divided doses, for at least 2-3 weeks, while monitoring temps. If more seems needed (ie temps come up a bit but not up to 98 deg) add another 1/4 tablet.

But I wouldn't start on thyroid supps until you've checked that you are meeting basic nutrient needs.
Adequate carbs (favouring fruit and milk sugars, honey), protein, minerals, vitamins, low as poss PUFA. Cronometer is one way to see roughly what you are getting out of your food.

If you supplement thyroid while not getting all the nutrients you need, you can cause your body more stress.

tara

Also, sometimes improving diet makes a big difference in itself.

burtlancast

Cannabis can have opposite effects according to the strain.
There are hundreds different ones out there; some will relieve headaches, others will cause them.
A cannabis shop could guide you.

And when someone buys cannabis on the street corner instead of growing it himself, he pretty much gambles with his health.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

You know ive always been easily fatigued, and had an extreme amount of childhood stress. Im thinking maybe im prone to something I blame instead if the weed witbdrawal. Nonetheless I think ill give it six months, althiugh id love to smoke this weekend for my bday camping trip.

Ive started armour at 15mg/ day in divided doses. At first I had some hlear ringing, and a strange metallic taste, but I find that I crave it now. My hajr was really dry on cannabis, and also off, and it seems to be improving. My digestion is also improving and I read that pelvic floor problems can stem from being hypothyroid. Temps have increased to maybe 97.5. Im considering investing in a better thrrmometer. Im excited.to be improving. Hopefully im getting my 80 grams.protein. how long would I have to be off thyroid to get an accurate tsh? I wonder if I would feel better or worse on pure t4. Ill stay at 15 mg so I dont overdose at stesdy state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom