Should I supplement with T3?

Hi folks, I am hoping I might get some advice from the group. Based on many podcasts I have listened to I feel like I fall into the category of someone who has low thyroid. I am taking progesterone which I'm certain is helping me but at 57 and only recently having entered menopause,, struggling with elbow, wrist and thumb pain, moderate energy with some days low, waking each night for 2 hours, etc I am considering taking some thyroid supplement to see if things improve. I do plan to get the hair testing done but cannot afford that right now (I live in Canada so everything purchased from the US is THAT much more expensive for us.). I am, however, getting blood work done which will be testing thyroid levels from that angle.
If it seems reasonable to try to supplement, am I understanding correctly that Ray Peat suggested T3 as the correct form of supplementation? Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Jonk

I think Ray Peat recommended reading Broda Barnes 'Thyroid the unsuspected illness' or if it was one of his other books, before supplementing. I think it's generally a safe supplement but I would recommend reading up about it beforehand. Usually it's a mix of T3/T4 that's recommended but at varying ratios.

Beatrix_

If you can afford it, in addition to a thyroid panel, get also cortisol, S-DHEA, progesterone, estradiol, testosterone and DHT. This makes it easier to see where the hormone pathway is broken.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals