Prescribed HGH, What Changes Should I Make To Diet?

ShotTrue

Considering IGf-1 is anabolic, fat cutting, bone building, androgenic, increases quality of skin/hair/nails, sex drive, cell replenishment for healing of wounds and organs I wouldn't want that low.

Gûs80

I recently learned that I have a tumor on my pituitary that has caused me to become deficient in Growth Hormone. My endocrinologist has prescribed Genotropin (one form of somatropin that is made by Pfizer), which I have not started taking yet (insurance does not want to pay and drug is quite expensive apparently).

I have read about many of the problems with growth hormone and its effects on lipolysis, decreased insulin sensitivity etc., and I am wondering if maybe I should make some adjustments to my diet if/when I start taking the somatropin injections. Any recommendations or changes I should consider for diet or any supplement recommendations would be very helpful and appreciated. I have read a few people recommending limiting carbohydrate intake while on GH, but this seemed to be directed not at people with genuine GH deficiency, but rather bodybuilders or older men using GH for anti aging purposes.

I am 35 yo, 6 - 0", 225 lbs. I'm pretty active, work on my feet most of the day, and lift weights/exercise 4 - 5x/wk. I am currently on testosterone replacement at 125 mg/wk, which I have been on for about two years after being diagnosed with primary hypogonadism (pituitary is putting out signal, but testes not responding - endo suspects damage to testicles from rough sex or perhaps rough day on the playground as a young boy - no bs). Only supplement I am taking is Thorne vit D + k2 combo.

I don't track my dietary intake on Cronometer daily anymore but when I do, I typically fall around 4500 calories.

Here's what I ate yesterday. Not a perfect representation of typical day but close. I always salt my food to taste and try to eat shellfish and liver at least once every week or two. Other than that my diet doesn't change a whole lot.

1/2 gallon whole milk
3 cups OJ
2 tbsp collagen
2 tbsp sugar
2 - 3 eggs
3 cups cooked white rice
12 - 16 oz beef
6 - 8 oz cooked greens (spinach or kale or whatever is on hand)
1 raw carrot
1 can oysters
4 oz mushrooms
4 dates
2 oz raw cheddar
2 tbsp butter
1 lg potato
6 oz chicken
1 banana
1 cup haagen dazs
Hi, could you update your results with gh? After several years of trying TRT, without any improvement in fatigue and sleep, I just recently found out about a doctor, Dr Mark Gordon, who says that all of his patients on unsuccessful TRT have had some head trauma in the past. TBI causes hypopituitarism, with testosterone, thyroid and especially GH deficiency. So he says that these patients only get better fatigue and sleep by replacing GH as well.

In one of his lectures he shows some supplements that would increase gh, such as glutamine, ornithine and glycine. Glycine before bed, 6 to 8 grams, increases gh between 300 and 400%. So maybe it could actually replace injectable gh.

I plan to perform the glucagon stimulation test soon. But I am very interested in knowing your results since you had a proven deficiency.

golder

Hi, could you update your results with gh? After several years of trying TRT, without any improvement in fatigue and sleep, I just recently found out about a doctor, Dr Mark Gordon, who says that all of his patients on unsuccessful TRT have had some head trauma in the past. TBI causes hypopituitarism, with testosterone, thyroid and especially GH deficiency. So he says that these patients only get better fatigue and sleep by replacing GH as well.

In one of his lectures he shows some supplements that would increase gh, such as glutamine, ornithine and glycine. Glycine before bed, 6 to 8 grams, increases gh between 300 and 400%. So maybe it could actually replace injectable gh.

I plan to perform the glucagon stimulation test soon. But I am very interested in knowing your results since you had a proven deficiency.
Interested to read more about the 8gram glycine study increasing GH levels that much. Can you remember where you read it? Thanks.

Gûs80

Interested to read more about the 8gram glycine study increasing GH levels that much. Can you remember where you read it? Thanks.

golder

Amazing, thank you. I’ll read this after work. Seen from the abstract that it no influence on prolactin, where I thought glycine might have slightly lowered it with that high of a dose.
Have you tried this 8-12gram dosage in the evening or before bed for any length of time? Given the more refreshed feeing on waking that people report from 3 or 4iu of GH, I imagine that this would have a noticeable effect on sleep quality.

Gûs80

Maravilhoso, obrigado. Vou ler isso depois do trabalho. Visto do resumo que não influencia na prolactina, onde pensei que a glicina poderia ter diminuído um pouco com uma dose tão alta.
Você já tentou esta dosagem de 8-12 gramas à noite ou antes de dormir por algum tempo? Dada a sensação mais revigorada ao acordar que as pessoas relatam de 3 ou 4 iu de GH, imagino que isso teria um efeito perceptível na qualidade do sono.
In larger quantities I only found glycine for horses in Brazil. What I've been testing is collagen at higher doses. Between 20-30% is formed by glycine.

I feel more drowsy, but nothing that improves sleep significantly, like cyproheptadine.

So it may be that the maximum benefit comes from pure glycine alone.

Gûs80

Amazing, thank you. I’ll read this after work. Seen from the abstract that it no influence on prolactin, where I thought glycine might have slightly lowered it with that high of a dose.
Have you tried this 8-12gram dosage in the evening or before bed for any length of time? Given the more refreshed feeing on waking that people report from 3 or 4iu of GH, I imagine that this would have a noticeable effect on sleep quality.

"DHEA metabolites may stimulate aging somatotropes (GH) via estrogen receptors."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals