Response to the carrot salad

Corumba

In the last week or so I decided to commit to eating the carrot salad daily, and have put a number of consecutive days together eating it. I've eaten it a number of times before, but never daily and normally weeks apart.

Safe to say my gut health is not great, which has been the main motivator for me. I know Ray mentioned in a few pieces that it may take a few days for the intestine to get used to the daily carrot.

Since doing this my stool has been very mucosal - could this be a sign that the carrot is working to rid me of some sort of infection? Do I just need to plough through this until the carrot works its magic?

Any advice or success stories of the daily carrot would be appreciated.

Mauritio

In the last week or so I decided to commit to eating the carrot salad daily, and have put a number of consecutive days together eating it. I've eaten it a number of times before, but never daily and normally weeks apart.

Safe to say my gut health is not great, which has been the main motivator for me. I know Ray mentioned in a few pieces that it may take a few days for the intestine to get used to the daily carrot.

Since doing this my stool has been very mucosal - could this be a sign that the carrot is working to rid me of some sort of infection? Do I just need to plough through this until the carrot works its magic?

to me that is usually a sign of a fungal infection, espcially when there is a weirdly sweet smell attached to it.

Are you eating the carrot salad well away from meals, as RP suggested? This salad, as well as artichokes, bamboo and mushrooms bind to nutrients and carry them out of the body as well.

Snicky

I like carrots a lot but really hate this salad. 😆 It’s pretty much the least favorite thing he recommends besides eating liver. I rarely eat it. I don’t think I have any real digestion issues, thankfully.

I like carrots a lot but really hate this salad. 😆 It’s pretty much the least favorite thing he recommends besides eating liver. I rarely eat it. I don’t think I have any real digestion issues, thankfully.
Yeah I had to force the carrot salad too. I prefer this sweeter version I created, with Asian pear, or any ripe pear for that matter, rice vinegar, sugar and salt. It is addicting!

1704306494128.jpeg

Honeycomb

It’s also nice to add some shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano to the carrot salad. I occasionally do it.
Have you tried alternating between coconut oil and olive oil? You may find one tastier than the other.
I think the carrot salad is also more effective eaten outside of meals.

It’s also nice to add some shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano to the carrot salad. I occasionally do it.
Have you tried alternating between coconut oil and olive oil? You may find one tastier than the other.
How do people use coconut oil on the carrot salad when it is in chunk form?

Snicky

Yep… If I make it I use coconut because I’m only doing it for the therapeutic sense. If I put a totally different dressing (garlic, lemon, olive oil, and yes, a grated aged cheese as you suggest), I’d like it a bit more. I just prefer the carrot grated small, not lengthwise.

I live in Italy so parmesan is a staple, and olive oil, too, though I trimmed it way back from my diet to get more coconut and butter fats in.

But lengthwise carrot w/ either oil, salt and vinegar, just doesn’t taste great, imo!

Honeycomb

How do people use coconut oil on the carrot salad when it is in chunk form?
Super easy! I melt some on the hob or in the oven, then pour what I need on my salad. By the time I have quickly mixed it with the other ingredients the coconut oil is no longer warm and it’s not had time to solidify either.

Honeycomb

Yep… If I make it I use coconut because I’m only doing it for the therapeutic sense. If I put a totally different dressing (garlic, lemon, olive oil, and yes, a grated aged cheese as you suggest), I’d like it a bit more. I just prefer the carrot grated small, not lengthwise.

I live in Italy so parmesan is a staple, and olive oil, too, though I trimmed it way back from my diet to get more coconut and butter fats in.

But lengthwise carrot w/ either oil, salt and vinegar, just doesn’t taste great, imo!
I know what you mean with the lengthwise style of the carrot salad. It’s an acquired taste 😄! It also took me a little while to get used to it, coming from France where very thinly grated carrots are a staple starter. But, like you said, you have access to some amazing olive oil and cheeses in Italy. I reckon a bit of pecorino could also be another tasty addition. You should experiment until you find a more palatable version of the carrot salad for you. Besides, it’s good to add a bit of variety for something that one may use everyday. I think Dr Peat suggested, possibly in one of his books, having it with some cheese or meats for that very reason.

OP
C

Corumba

Turns out the issue was the apple cider vinegar. Since I've removed that it's been working well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals