Where do you stand on the carrot salad in 2023?

How often do you currently eat a carrot salad…

• Total voters

akgrrrl

I have several styles of graters and vary the contents as well as the basic spoon of honey and apple cider vinegar. I have basically discarded all my other greeneries in favor of carrot salad varieties. The canned bamboo shoots and mushrooms did nothing for me that I could discern. Every day carrot salad morphs into broccoliwokkly slaw, raisens and pineapple carrot salad in gelatin, and todays special, shredded beets with shredded carrot, honey and vinegar. After 24hrs, tastes like pickled beets.
Best creative and yummeth change I have made due to Peat besides 1 gallon of raw milk per week, and 1 liter organic fresh pressed oJ.

LadyRae

I have several styles of graters and vary the contents as well as the basic spoon of honey and apple cider vinegar. I have basically discarded all my other greeneries in favor of carrot salad varieties. The canned bamboo shoots and mushrooms did nothing for me that I could discern. Every day carrot salad morphs into broccoliwokkly slaw, raisens and pineapple carrot salad in gelatin, and todays special, shredded beets with shredded carrot, honey and vinegar. After 24hrs, tastes like pickled beets.
Best creative and yummeth change I have made due to Peat besides 1 gallon of raw milk per week, and 1 liter organic fresh pressed oJ.
Grrrl, that sure sounds like a smorgasbord of Yum😌

Parrot

I have a small grated carrot salad with salt, acv and olive oil sprinkled with ginger probably four times a week and three or four pan cooked mushrooms about four times a week.
I can't say I experience anything from this, it has just become part of my eating regime.

You can't beat the paper thin and exceedingly even slice.

Texture is everything when it comes to next level cooking. Same with kitchenware as it really does make a difference.
I am with you. The carrot salad works like a mop, needing more surface area for substances to adhere to. Another thing to remember is to have it away from food because it takes the good out with the bad, such as vitamins and minerals.

Lizb

Food processor= much easier prep. It all gets chewed anyway...and I really concentrate on extra chewing, more than my other meals for sure.

Plus I hate shredding... Sometimes I shred myself...

Sometimes I eat baby carrots dipped in salsa- bottom line: any ingestion of carrots yields the same effects for me. My recipe is purely for my own taste, to keep me wanting to eat them. I like variety.

Any way one eats raw carrots is beneficial 🌞
If the 'shredding yourself' is at the end of the carrot when it gets close to the blade, close your eyes and continue shredding. You'll find you're much less likely to shred yourself.