How To Fix My Gut

knives

Hi!

So I took 15mg ritalin along with 80mg of esomeprazole , and 2mg of konopin per day, that was two years ago.

So then my doc prescribed me some antibiotic for H pilory, and that's when my horrible IBS started, bloating, gas, pain, palpitations, constipation, even leaky gut :eek:

So all that improved when I cut out too many PUFA daily intake and gluten.

Then I discovered RP diet and I'm doing the carrot salad, the coconut oil, white rice with butter, meat with gelatin and coffee, sea salt,lots of cacao, some sugar here and there and 2mg of cypro and 0.5 aspirin.

Now I feel GREAT, compared to 6 months ago, but...

I want to know how to heal completely, I don't know what else to use, because I'm going to the bath 2-3 times per day, the stools are normal, so I guess this is some kind of intestine muscle problem.

I can't eat outside my house, because I'll get gassy and bloated, so this IBS made me isolated.

Eucarbon, I'm using that charcoal with senna and rheu officinale, every 3 days or so.

So, help me pleazzz! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Amazoniac

Hi knives,
It seems that you removed most of the fermentable carbs. That can offer you relief and a sense of improvement.
Maybe you can try to incorporate elements of the intro phase of the GAPS diet in your current diet. Then work on immunity, correct deficiencies and remove excesses. Slowly introduce the fermentable carbs according to your tolerance and gradually increase the amount. That should take 3 months or so to at least start seeing improvements. And regarding gut microbes, it can take a bit more time to rebalance..

lexis

knives said:
Hi!

So I took 15mg ritalin along with 80mg of esomeprazole , and 2mg of konopin per day, that was two years ago.

So then my doc prescribed me some antibiotic for H pilory, and that's when my horrible IBS started, bloating, gas, pain, palpitations, constipation, even leaky gut :eek:

Then I discovered RP diet and I'm doing the carrot salad, the coconut oil, white rice with butter, meat with gelatin and coffee, sea salt,lots of cacao, some sugar here and there and 2mg of cypro and 0.5 aspirin.

I want to know how to heal completely, I don't know what else to use, because I'm going to the bath 2-3 times per day, the stools are normal, so I guess this is some kind of intestine muscle problem.

I can't eat outside my house, because I'll get gassy and bloated, so this IBS made me isolated.

Eucarbon, I'm using that charcoal with senna and rheu officinale, every 3 days or so.

Have you tried cyproheptadine,oregano oil and perhaps thiamine?

OP
knives

knives

Amazoniac said:
Hi knives,
It seems that you removed most of the fermentable carbs. That can offer you relief and a sense of improvement.
Maybe you can try to incorporate elements of the intro phase of the GAPS diet in your current diet. Then work on immunity, correct deficiencies and remove excesses. Slowly introduce the fermentable carbs according to your tolerance and gradually increase the amount. That should take 3 months or so to at least start seeing improvements. And regarding gut microbes, it can take a bit more time to rebalance..

What are the suitable fermentable carbs?

lexis said:
Have you tried cyproheptadine,oregano oil and perhaps thiamine?

Yeah I said that "I'm taking cypro", cyproheptadine 2mg, it helps me A LOT, but I don't want to hit tolerance or something so... , well I have to look for a thiamine without the allergenic excipients, and no, I can't find oregano oil anywhere... you think I should try a megadose of thiamine?

Greg says said:

I don't know if I can find it here, but I'll look for.

Thanks for your responses! :mrgreen:

OP
knives

knives

What do you think of L-glutamine? Do you think it's better in capsules than powdered (the tryptophan )?

Zachs

I hope your name is in reference to Millions Knives. :D

I would suggest 8g a day of glycine, 3g a day of lysine, 400+MG magnesium and a good amount of saturated fat mainly from dairy.

OP
knives

knives

Zachs said:
I hope your name is in reference to Millions Knives. :D

I would suggest 8g a day of glycine, 3g a day of lysine, 400+MG magnesium and a good amount of saturated fat mainly from dairy.

:ss

Ok, I'll do it, but do you think that "chelated magnesium" from solgar is any good? what do you think about L-glutamine?

marcar72

Gelatin is the best thing to fix "skin" issues. Think of your intestines as "skin on the inside" with the food running through them as part of the external environment. Vitamin A and Zinc are important too as they are well known to affect skin health and probably work in conjuction with the gelatin... :2cents

OP
knives

knives

marcar72 said:
Gelatin is the best thing to fix "skin" issues. Think of your intestines as "skin on the inside" with the food running through them as part of the external environment. Vitamin A and Zinc are important too as they are well known to affect skin health and probably work in conjuction with the gelatin... :2cents

Ok, I eat liver every week, so I guess I obtain plenty of vitA, I'll also try to find some zinc supplement, thanks!

marcar72

knives said:
marcar72 said:

Ok, I eat liver every week, so I guess I obtain plenty of vitA, I'll also try to find some zinc supplement, thanks!

I need to eat liver (4 oz/sitting) 2 - 3 times a week (calf liver) to maintain my vitamin A status. I probably should eat it daily for a couple months as I feel my own liver hasn't got much in store. I've learned this through trial and error, or as Ray Peat would say "Perceive, Think, Act"... :2cents

OP
knives

knives

marcar72 said:
knives said:
marcar72 said:

I need to eat liver (4 oz/sitting) 2 - 3 times a week (calf liver) to maintain my vitamin A status. I probably should eat it daily for a couple months as I feel my own liver hasn't got much in store. I've learned this through trial and error, or as Ray Peat would say "Perceive, Think, Act"... :2cents

Alright, do you supplement zinc?

marcar72

knives said:
marcar72 said:
knives said:
marcar72 said:

Alright, do you supplement zinc?

Not daily as I usually have about 12 oysters on the half shell maybe 2 - 3 times a month. I got some 50 mg zinc gluconate that I take occasionally.

Just remember to "Think, Perceive, Act" and also that "only fools rush in"... :2cents

OP
knives

knives

Okay thanks!! sorry for asking too many questions :ss

marcar72

knives said:
Okay thanks!! sorry for asking too many questions :ss

Ahhh, no problem at all. I just try to emphasize that ultimately it's up to you to figure out as there's a huge spectrum of health status that we all fit into somehow.

Some peeps sign up for the forum and they're on all these fancy supplements within a week or so; which if you don't know what you're doing can leave you reeling pretty badly... :2cents

Vins7

Hi!

Hi knives.
How did you go?
How are you now?
I'm at the same point as you were.

GreekDemiGod

:rofl: Smh..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals