Red Light For Injury

greenmachinex

I'm brand new to this and trying to learn about red light therapy and all it's effects. I have an injured infraspinatus (part of the rotator cuff) and am interested to see if this could help it heal. Has anyone tried this for musculoskeletal injuries or anything like this? What type of red light would be best or does it not matter too much as long as it's red light? Thanks.

tankasnowgod

I'm brand new to this and trying to learn about red light therapy and all it's effects. I have an injured infraspinatus (part of the rotator cuff) and am interested to see if this could help it heal. Has anyone tried this for musculoskeletal injuries or anything like this? What type of red light would be best or does it not matter too much as long as it's red light? Thanks.

Well, there is a lot to learn about red light therapy, and still a lot of things that are unknown. The short answer to your question is yes, it probably would help it heal (and reduce pain, if that's an issue), and something in the near infrared spectrum (like 830 or 850nm) would probably be best, since infrared penetrates deeper. If I were you, I would start off on Dan Wich's Toxinless site- The inexpensive red light devices I use - Toxinless

Regina

I use red light for my joints all the time. (I do aikido). I use rubylux infrared bulb screwed into a metal (brooder) clamp lamp:
http://www.rubyluxlights.com/infrared-bulbs
Works great.

twilightkid

Thanks everyone. I'm going to go with this one:
Amazon.com : Aweek® 96 Leds IR Illuminators Light IR Infrared Light LED infrared light CCTV Camera Night-vision Fill Light for CCTV Security Camera, Standard 45° Level Angle Visual Range : Camera & Photo

And basically, I stay 12-24 inches from the light and leave it on the effected area about a minute twice a day, correct?

great instructional advice here -https://redlightman.com/product/infrared-light-device/

OP
G

greenmachinex

So I received it and plugged it in but not seeing anything. Should I be able to see the red light, or no because it's infrared?

OP
G

greenmachinex

Nevermind; watched the video. It just seems weird that holding this lamp that I can barely see the red glow with will do something for inflammation and injury. I got nothing to lose though lol.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Nevermind; watched the video. It just seems weird that holding this lamp that I can barely see the red glow with will do something for inflammation and injury. I got nothing to lose though lol.
Did it help?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals