Red Light Safety

sladerunner69

Im still interested in learning mroe about retina damage. I hook mine with a clamp right above my computer and let it shine directly at my hairline. I am using it mainly for hair issues but also for general metabolism health. My eyes are sore during the day. When I dont use the light, my eyes arent sore

Amazoniac

Im still interested in learning mroe about retina damage. I hook mine with a clamp right above my computer and let it shine directly at my hairline. I am using it mainly for hair issues but also for general metabolism health. My eyes are sore during the day. When I dont use the light, my eyes arent sore
Is the screen lighting in harmony with the rest? Depending on how the lamp is shining it can also create some weird shadows because it's still concentrated in relation to the room, the straining can be unnoticeable.

CSI-dramatic-light-04.jpg

sladerunner69

Is the screen lighting in harmony with the rest? Depending on how the lamp is shining it can also create some weird shadows because it's still concentrated in relation to the room, the straining can be unnoticeable.

CSI-dramatic-light-04.jpg

Sorry I really don't understand what you want me to do with that picture. Shine my lamp on it? What?

Amazoniac

Sorry I really don't understand what you want me to do with that picture. Shine my lamp on it? What?
It was meant to exemplify the weird shadows that spot lights create. The point is that the surroundings aren't evenly illuminated and this can cause straining, whether from a screen that's not matching the ambient, your eyes being shadowed but at the same time bright light being reflected, etc.
I also suspect these intense lights shining on your face in excess are draining just like sitting or standing for too long are. The eyes must require extra nutrients for these endurances, I think that it's worth paying attention on darkness adaptation when you feel sore..

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Dave, from what I've gatherred here on this forum and listening to Danny Roddy's podcast, a single 250w bulb is not something to be concerned about.

Personally my rig uses 3x250w infared bulbs, plus the two clear bulbs in my bathroom ceiling. Thats 5 250w bulbs shining at me and I do it 2 or 3 times a day for 10 minutes. I believe the light absorption increase exponentially, relative to the wattage, so a single 205w could be used basically all day. I know Dr. Peat himself said he "usually: has 2 incandescent 250's shining on him.

I would reccomend you setting up a rig with 3 or 4 bulbs, because for me, thats when I started to see real results. Basically I use 3 "botany" lamp housings (popular for marijuana growing) which come with clamps that i attached to a metal bar in my bathroom.
To add to this, I have a set-up very similar to yours, slade, with three 250 watt bulbs. I surrounded myself with them, each respectively shining directly on my head from either side and then also from the back, just far away enough to prevent burning. After about 20 minutes, my heart rate rose to over 100 BPM, and then I continued for another few minutes, and my heart rate kept climbing until I had a full-blown panic attack with a resting heart rate of 132 BPM.

Previously, I shined one red light on my legs and two on either side of me all day long, but not at such a close distance and not aimed at my head.

sladerunner69

To add to this, I have a set-up very similar to yours, slade, with three 250 watt bulbs. I surrounded myself with them, each respectively shining directly on my head from either side and then also from the back, just far away enough to prevent burning. After about 20 minutes, my heart rate rose to over 100 BPM, and then I continued for another few minutes, and my heart rate kept climbing until I had a full-blown panic attack with a resting heart rate of 132 BPM.

Previously, I shined one red light on my legs and two on either side of me all day long, but not at such a close distance and not aimed at my head.

Yes using a lot of light I've felt similar effects, but perhaps not a full-blown panic attack. I've always felt a pronounced desire to drink coke or orange juice when sitting under bright light.

Does anyone know how Ray physically uses the Incandescent lights in his home? I am trying to figure out the best angle; straight from above or in center of room? Also just the logistics, I have the brooder lamp but nowhere to hang or position it properly. Interested how other people have handled this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals