Opinions On This Grow Light For Skin

beach babe

I've been doing some research on Red Light Therapy and came across a youtube video of this esthetician who used a Red Grow light on her clients face as part of her facial treatments.

I went and bought this one online... All Red 660nm Supplemental 50W LED Grow Light Indoor Panel For Hydro Flowering Indoor Greenhouse Lights Panel-in LED Grow Lights from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

it's 660nm and 50watts.

Do you think this is safe to use on my face for improved texture and overall better complexion?
If so, how long would you recommend I use it for?

Some places say 5 mins, others say 30. Any info greatly appreciated!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

tara

I'd have some concern about the blue light in there:
'Wavelength - Blue 430nm - 480nm & Red 620nm - 660nm'

tara

Confusing - the title says all red, picture looks all red, but the specs say blue and red? Something's not right with their ad, methinks.

OP
B

beach babe

I already messaged the seller; it's confirmed that it's just a red light. No blue.

So any other thoughts? I keep reading that when you use red light for your skin, the wattage matters.

Is 50 alright? How long should I do treatments for in order to get good results and not burn my face?? Lol

paymanz

Of curse It depends on your distance from device.

And for sure it improves your skin quality.

I guess if you ask ray he would say a pure red light without any blue or UV is OK to be constant, but that's just my guess.

You can also judge by how you feel, as long as it feels good you can keep using it.

Or find red light devices that designed for medical use and read what dosage they recommend and then compare wattage of that device with yours...

You also can read some of studies on pubmed to see what dosage they used , j/cm2 per day , then you need calculate at what distance how much energy you skin gets per cm2.

Depending on your math skills it takes a bit time and focus to find out, but it worth.

OP
B

beach babe

Of curse It depends on your distance from device.

And for sure it improves your skin quality.

I guess if you ask ray he would say a pure red light without any blue or UV is OK to be constant, but that's just my guess.

You can also judge by how you feel, as long as it feels good you can keep using it.

Or find red light devices that designed for medical use and read what dosage they recommend and then compare wattage of that device with yours...

You also can read some of studies on pubmed to see what dosage they used , j/cm2 per day , then you need calculate at what distance how much energy you skin gets per cm2.

Depending on your math skills it takes a bit time and focus to find out, but it worth.

Right? I was actually trying to do all of that but it gets so complicated that I knew for sure I wasn't doing it right. That's why I came to the forums...was hoping a pro would know the answer directly :P

tara

Redlightman sells red light LED devices with wattage both higher and lower than 50 Watts.
His also include some LEDs with wavelength higher and lower than 660, as well as 660nm.

ddjd

I've been doing some research on Red Light Therapy and came across a youtube video of this esthetician who used a Red Grow light on her clients face as part of her facial treatments.

I went and bought this one online... All Red 660nm Supplemental 50W LED Grow Light Indoor Panel For Hydro Flowering Indoor Greenhouse Lights Panel-in LED Grow Lights from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

it's 660nm and 50watts.

Do you think this is safe to use on my face for improved texture and overall better complexion?
If so, how long would you recommend I use it for?

Some places say 5 mins, others say 30. Any info greatly appreciated!
How did it work out?