Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Would a lactose-free milk work ?

Didn't Ray mention that one could overcome lactose intolerance by starting with a half glass of milk, then gradually increase the quantity ? It was a problem of jump-starting the enzyme synthesis.

Do you have the same lactose intolerance problem with goat milk ?

Makrosky

thanks @PakPik.

@burtlancast, never tried goat milk. It's gonna be very expensive though because you can only get it on organic shops. I'll look for it. Thanks for the tip.

What would be the loss with lactose-free milk anyway ? Just calories in form of sugar ? One could easily add honey or pure sucrose to it and fix that, right ?

I don't really think lactose intolerance is a problem of jump-starting the enzyme synthesis by slowly introducing lactose again. After all, the problem is usually there when we notice that we are intolerant and we've been ingesting lactose daily for years.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Good points.

As far as Goat milk, i can find it nowadays in supermarkets. It's around 1.6-2.0 euros per quart.

paymanz

thanks @PakPik.

@burtlancast, never tried goat milk. It's gonna be very expensive though because you can only get it on organic shops. I'll look for it. Thanks for the tip.

What would be the loss with lactose-free milk anyway ? Just calories in form of sugar ? One could easily add honey or pure sucrose to it and fix that, right ?

I don't really think lactose intolerance is a problem of jump-starting the enzyme synthesis by slowly introducing lactose again. After all, the problem is usually there when we notice that we are intolerant and we've been ingesting lactose daily for years.

they dont remove lactose from milk.they just add lactase to it and digest it into glucose and galactose.so you just have as much sugar.

Makrosky

@paymanz I think you are right. I just checked the nutritional information label on one of the biggest milk producers in my country and compared the normal one with the lactose-free. They both have exactly the same ammount of Carbs/Fat/Proteins/Salt/Calcium. They are basically the same, only that the lactose-free has a small section where it says "Ingredients: Lactase, Vitamin B6 and stabilizer E-452".

Why the extra B6 I'm wondering... Maybe it is needed for proper lactase utilization?

Giraffe

Has anybody tried this ?
I started to try this a couple of weeks ago :D , but I have not managed yet to comply 100%: I did eat starch every couple of days (wanted to finish those potatoes I had bought), and I am low in orange juice if I don't remind myself to drink more. Ripe fruit is difficult to get at the moment.

Mainly milk and fruit juice sounds more like a diet for hot summer days to me, and where I am it's winter, but it turned out that I am doing quite well with it.

kaybb

So much liquid! I love this diet, OJ,milk, with carrot salad thrown in. But I would have to live in the water closet. More sodium helps....a little. How do people do on so much liquid?

marteagal

Currently, this is pretty much what I am doing (orange juice and milk) except I add liver, eggs, scallops, mozzarella, creamed spinach, apples and coconut oil. Occational ice cream. This is what I eat every day and is definitely helping me get shredded. Also I am closer to 2L orange juice and 1L milk than the other way around.

My diet is similar: On a daily basis: 2 L orange juice, 2 L milk (either 0.7% or 1.5% fat), about 250 g red grapes, about 400-500 g potatoes, 2 eggs, 1 carrot, and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Weekly: 4 slices of liver, 6-8 oysters, and green leaf broth. My body weight tends to go down (slowly).

caroline

Hello @burtlancast, thanks for sharing this. I didn't know about this "diet". It's definitely similar to what I've been doing for 3-4 months. Aimed it as a gentle, healing diet as well, specially for PUFA depletion (it yields around 0.3% kcal PUFA) and also for concentrated nutrition.
1.5 L Freshly squeezed and strained OJ (rarely exchange it for fresh coconut water)
1.5 L 1.5% milk mixed with 4 tablespoons of honey
2 mangoes or some other fruit
1/2 cup white rice,
and recently added to this 25 grams gelatin, and also get weekly liver.

It's been a success so far, very supportive, and I would love to stick to it for many months to come.
I am also finding high success not just with OJ and Milk, but primarily, and then I have fruit and seafood and now very little if any red meat. Potatoes always cause inflammation. Maybe at some point in the future, I will be able to tolerate them but not at this point. The biggest result for me
In this recent interview transcript (Cholesterol Is An Important Molecule, KMUD, 2008) Ray talks about a fit-for-all quick therapy diet destined to get the thyroid and the liver going, to suppress inflammation, and to lower chronic blood pressure.

Has anybody tried this ?

My own adaptation would be to take the OJ with some baking soda ( to decrease acidity) and switch to goat (or A2) milk instead of cow milk, in case people have issues with regular milk.

And maybe use low fat / defatted milk, in order to avoid putting on pounds initially.
Thanks for this! Appreciate your finding this, Burtlancast!

superhuman

This was very nice observation @burtlancast i love it. Im doing 3-4 quarts skimmed milk a day, but man it was interesting to see he recommended 120 to even 150g protein a day for women. Hmm what about active males then

Kasper

Why so much protein? What is the benefit? I think in this amount, protein will be used as energy and cause too much ammonia.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

superhuman

@Kasper that was the reason i ask, because it seems like RP is saying that if you struggle with higher then normal estrogen and cortisol that you may need higher protein to combat and change it. So maybe protein needs will be higher when you are in poor health or suffer from different things like estrogen, hypothyroid, bad liver and high cortisol. Once that is gotten better you can decrease. This is just me trying to analyze RP`s responds tho so im not sure. But i know high protein helps for me in terms of reducing water retention which is a estrogen/cortisol problem.

But like haidut have posted and others has outlined the things in regards to high protein leading to stuff, but RP also answer some of it by saying its important to have high calcium and high sugar when you eat high protein to protect and be able to use that protein. The high calcium protein foods also tend to be low in the "bad" amino acids as well.

So when studies are showing some bad effects on higher protein, even tho alot of studies shows very positive results from higher protein they tend to just isolate and use crappy ***t like Whey and all that and not use things like sucrose, high calcium, good amino acid profile etc.

@burtlancast i made my username with me end goal in mind :D

superhuman

"A very common cause of an estrogen excess is a dietary protein deficiency because the liver cannot detoxify estrogen when it is under nourished."

superhuman

From RP article
"Protein synthesis declines with aging, as the metabolic rate slows"

This means if your metabolic rate is slow you need more protein since you cant use it all

tara

Hi Burtlancast,
Nice quote.
This is the closest I've seen to Peat talking about recovery from severe undereating (though it doesn't necessarily address some of the other issues for those peopel who are also dealing with REDs (anorexia etc)). Looks as though his suggested initial recovery diet for low thyroid states is about 1600-1700 cals (assuming 1% milk), and that he expects people to be able to gradually increase from there to a more reasonable range.

I know some people have trouble with the high liquid content of a mostly milk and juice diet. I wonder whether some of this trouble can be mitigated by making sure to space all that liquid out evenly across the day. Eg. drinking ~150ml every half hour. For someone in a hypothyroid state with weak water handling, maybe it is easy to overwhelm with 500mls or more at a time, but more usable and manageable in smaller amounts?
Has anyone experimented with this?

bobbybobbob

4L of liquid seems quite a lot to me

I only buy frozen concentrate OJ. In the winter I only dilute it maybe 1:1, rather than the 1:3 you're supposed to.

I order a big box of quart size containers of frozen concentrate from an online restaurant supply store. They mail it packed in dry ice. It's super cheap and convenient. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to save time. I take the thawed quart of concentrate from the refrigerator and pour straight into a glass and add water to taste.

Tarmander

I only buy frozen concentrate OJ. In the winter I only dilute it maybe 1:1, rather than the 1:3 you're supposed to.

I order a big box of quart size containers of frozen concentrate from an online restaurant supply store. They mail it packed in dry ice. It's super cheap and convenient. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to save time. I take the thawed quart of concentrate from the refrigerator and pour straight into a glass and add water to taste.

I'd be interested to see This. I have not found a decent source of OJ concentrate and I would really like to

m_arch

Isn't this too much liquid... which slows the metabolicr ate? I tried this as a pufa delepetion thing but I had to pee too often and it was always clear.

tara

Isn't this too much liquid... which slows the metabolicr ate? I tried this as a pufa delepetion thing but I had to pee too often and it was always clear.
Out of curiosity, if you feel like telling, how much were you drinking at once? And were you drinking the full 4 quarts daily?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals