Milk And Orange Juice Only?

RayPeat123

Would a diet of whole milk, orange juice and pineapple juice (mainly for manganese) be sustainable long term? If not, how can I keep my diet as simple as possible while getting all the vitamins and minerals needed to be healthy?

superhuman

please search this forum before asking those question, its just lazy and not showing any interest about RP and his teachings

FredSonoma

Many people have tried this, including myself, and I don't see anyone that seems to sustain long-term and feel fine doing it. Definitely have issues when I do this - not entirely sure but it seems that 1. this is too much liquid / too diluting for minerals? 2. my bowels get messed up (diarrhea and don't feel well) when I don't eat any fiber at all.

OP
R

RayPeat123

Many people have tried this, including myself, and I don't see anyone that seems to sustain long-term and feel fine doing it. Definitely have issues when I do this - not entirely sure but it seems that 1. this is too much liquid / too diluting for minerals? 2. my bowels get messed up (diarrhea and don't feel well) when I don't eat any fiber at all.

Yeah, I think it might be too little fiber long term. I just seem to get problems from every source of fiber these days, including whole fruit and carrots.

May I ask what you eat these days?

OP
R

RayPeat123

please search this forum before asking those question, its just lazy and not showing any interest about RP and his teachings

Sorry, I know this question have been asked before, it just seems like nobody has ever shared their experiences with a diet this simple and/or people seem to include more foods in this plan.

I also know Peat recommends a diet of low fat milk, orange juice, eggs and carrots for weight loss, but I don't have a weight problem and with whole milk I could get on with less volume (and the extra fat might not be a problem when there is no other significant source of PUFA).

T

tca300

My diet has been the same for about a year.
1% Milk
Cocoa
Orange juice
Pineapple Juice
Sugar
Carrots
Coconut oil
Psyllium and supplements.
I use to wake up and pee 4+ times per night eating meat and starch ( low pufa ) low liquid intake. Now with over 1 & 1/2 gallons of mostly liquid foods I wake up only once if at all. High liquids have never bothered me. I dont eat animals and starch is repulsive to me.

J

James IV

If you intend on consuming a lot of milk, and on using fattier than 1% milk, and maybe even then, I would boil it for minimum 15 minutes to reduce your risk of developing digestive disorders.

FredSonoma

If you intend on consuming a lot of milk, and on using fattier than 1% milk, and maybe even then, I would boil it for minimum 15 minutes to reduce your risk of developing digestive disorders.

What is that for? The added vitamins? Or something else?

FredSonoma

Yeah, I think it might be too little fiber long term. I just seem to get problems from every source of fiber these days, including whole fruit and carrots.

May I ask what you eat these days?

I also often have problems with seemingly benign whole fruits like grapes (definitely have problems with say, mangos, or especially starchier fruits like apples / pears). For fiber I really like roasted red peppers, and I also eat a good amount of baby spinach and kale / baby kale. I completely avoid starches and foods heavy on soluble fiber - I'm basically only eating insoluble fiber, which doesn't ferment nearly as much as far as I know. I have issues with cooked carrots, but not the raw carrot salad (at least I don't think - now I'm paranoid LOL).

(for soluble fiber, think like the gumminess in some fruits, for insoluble fiber, think like the stringiness of leafy greens)

My diet mainly consists of milk / cheese / OJ / occasionally apple juice (but even this seems to give me some problems) / spinach / kale / meat (eggs, beef, chicken, shrimp, oysters, liver) / espresso (about 4 shots / day) / real sugar soda (coke / whole foods root beer). ALSO, I just added cilantro today and it is fkin Delicious. If you have similar problems to me (bloating? weight gain?) you may have too much iron and cilantro is supposed to chelate iron - since I have too much iron it would make sense that it would taste very delicious to me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Lightbringer

I just posted about a weird issue that I could only properly digest milk from Starbucks. I assumed it had to do with the steaming part- what exactly does the minimum 15 minute boil achieve ?

superhuman

My diet has been the same for about a year.
1% Milk
Cocoa
Orange juice
Pineapple Juice
Sugar
Carrots
Coconut oil
Psyllium and supplements.
I use to wake up and pee 4+ times per night eating meat and starch ( low pufa ) low liquid intake. Now with over 1 & 1/2 gallons of mostly liquid foods I wake up only once if at all. High liquids have never bothered me. I dont eat animals and starch is repulsive to me.

Why do you use Pinapple juice? does it taste good? what about the acidic and unripe etc that i guess alot of it is? i love the taste of it tho.

I also did 6 months on skimmed milk, coca cola, carrot, candy, sugar, cocoa powder. NP at all. That was no fat/low fat as well

T

tca300

Why do you use Pinapple juice? does it taste good? what about the acidic and unripe etc that i guess alot of it is? i love the taste of it tho.

I also did 6 months on skimmed milk, coca cola, carrot, candy, sugar, cocoa powder. NP at all. That was no fat/low fat as well
Well my diet isn't low fat anymore, I eat a decent amount of hydrogenated coconut oil. My weightlifting numbers were stagnant and I felt my fat soluble vitamins weren't doing much, so I added hydrogenated coconut oil into my diet. My numbers are increasing, and I'm losing more weight. I drink the pineapple juice because it is high in manganese, I don't think I eat enough cocoa to meet my requirements for that mineral. I might eat more cocoa in the future and forgo the pineapple juice, I just mentioned it because it's something I have been consuming recently. As for acid, I drink all my acidic juice through a straw to avoid contact with teeth, and rinse with baking soda afterwards.

superhuman

Well my diet isn't low fat anymore, I eat a decent amount of hydrogenated coconut oil. My weightlifting numbers were stagnant and I felt my fat soluble vitamins weren't doing much, so I added hydrogenated coconut oil into my diet. My numbers are increasing, and I'm losing more weight. I drink the pineapple juice because it is high in manganese, I don't think I eat enough cocoa to meet my requirements for that mineral. I might eat more cocoa in the future and forgo the pineapple juice, I just mentioned it because it's something I have been consuming recently. As for acid, I drink all my acidic juice through a straw to avoid contact with teeth, and rinse with baking soda afterwards.

Thats cool. How much coconut oil are you adding? Did you notice the same as RP then in terms of adding calories from coconut oil actually made you loose more fat?
Where do you get your hydro coconut oil?

T

tca300

I've worked my way up slowly to about 4 TBS a day or 1/4 cup. Ya it makes me really hungry and if I don't eat a bunch of extra food I lose weight. I forget which member mentioned it but I heard about this place from someone else. http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=983
I think a lot of the benefits I'm experiencing is I've been really low fat for years and I think testosterone has been suffering. Either because low fat itself or lack of fat soluble vitamin absorption.

J

James IV

High quality Milk, at least in America, possibly other countries as well, is really hard to find if you aren't dealing with a local farmer.

It's controversial, but I think there are many pathogens that survive current pasteurization protocols, a major one being MAP, or paratuberculosis, which is looking likely to be the bacteria behind the steadily rising cases of Crohn's disease. India is one of the few milk drinking countries where Crohn's is not on the rise. India also happens to traditionally boil thier milk every time before consumption, even if it has been pasteurized. It is never drank cold.
It appears the pathogen hides in the milk fat, so low/non fat dairy is probably safer, however I would probably cook/boil that as well.

Anecdotally, I've seen vast improvement pulling dairy from my diet. And your symptoms are very similar to mine. Constipation, or small hard stools. No appetite, bloating, slow digestion. I also developed a fissure as well as some lower back pain and some ED, possibly from the inflammation and toxicity in my colon. I've decrease my animal protein consumption overall which lowers my calcium needs. Potatoes, broths, and seafood is where the majority of my daily protein comes from. Almost all of my symptoms are gone, or almost gone, and I've only been really diligent for about 2-3weeks. As I continue to heal, I will likely up my fat a bit to moderate status, since I've found too low fat in the long term leads to issues. I intend on keeping my protein low.

Last edited by a moderator:

natedawggh

Would a diet of whole milk, orange juice and pineapple juice (mainly for manganese) be sustainable long term? If not, how can I keep my diet as simple as possible while getting all the vitamins and minerals needed to be healthy?
No.