Prescribed Albendazole

Valor

Hello,
I have been prescribed two doses of albendazole, one dose then another dose two weeks later. My lab work is good (on thyroid meds and bio-identical hormones). I am always wary of pharmaceuticals but it's a very high likelihood that I have parasites. Any words of wisdom? Thank you!

In Brazil it is common to take albendazole one or two times a year (even without any symptoms). It's a very safe drug to deworm. Never heard of any serious side effects.

OP
V

Valor

In Brazil it is common to take albendazole one or two times a year (even without any symptoms). It's a very safe drug to deworm. Never heard of any serious side effects.
Thank you! The drug info insert makes it seem like a risky med. But, it seems like the best way to resolve the parasite issue. Thanks again!

Makrosky

I think it is generally safe. Mebendazole and Albendazole are given once x year to kids and general population in big events kind of a collective deparasitization in some countries. When I was reading papers about albendazole it seemed quite safe if taken sporadically. Emphasis on that. If you take for many days/weeks in a row that is another story. The only two things worriesome were:
a) If you have brain parasites (highly unlikely right?) then you can get seizures and complications but if you are doing it under medical supervision and you are close to a hospital it is fine. By close I mean you are not taking it in the jungle or in the desert or something. In an urban area is fine.
b) I can't recall the name, intracraneal something which can happen in places with very high altitude per se, so if you take it at sea level and you don't have any vascular/cardiac issues it is going to be fine.

I have taken it 3xday 3 days in a row without any problem.

It is quite safe if taken the way your doc intends to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals