Question about Progest-E dose

tara

savache27 said:
Hey guys,

I tried to search, but didn't find anything. Forgive me if I just missed it. My doctor advised me to take the progest-e beginning 7 days before my period, and take it for 14 days. He told me 20 drops at night, but I decided to just take 3 drops three times a day, and a few days I took a little bit more. Anyway, do you know if it can push your period back? Recently my period had been coming between day 24 - 26 of my cycle...I think for 4 months. Then last month it came on the 22nd day, when I had the 3 seizures. I'm on day 28 right now and still haven't started. Obviously, 28 days is a normal cycle, I'm just wondering if it's typical for progest-e to push the cycle back.

Shanna
The exact effects on cycle at different doses can vary - it wouldn't surprise me if it did this for some women. If the short cycle is caused by high estrogen, then it might make sense that it lengthens it. If I've understood this right, a drop in progesterone signals menstruation to begin. Maybe the dose you are taking is putting you in the range where it overcomes the usual drop, and that is why your period has not started yet? This is me speculating, not something I'm sure about.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals