Portioning

cliff

Dean said:
cliff said:
It's free if you eat eggs

True, but I'm not eating eggs at this point.

Maybe you should? ;)

One egg yolk will give you lots of goodies and the eggshell will give you about 1-2k mg calcium I think

Dean

Maybe. The choline info is interesting certainly. But if it's in liver and there are other reasons to eat liver, what is the point of eating PUFA-laden US eggs? I guess I could buy some eggs, crack and dump the eggs and keep the shells, though you never know what the shells have been treated with in this country.

But anyway, if I were to do it, what's the process? You have to grind the shells and then dissolve them even further to make them digestible, right? How many eggshells would I have to consume to replace the calcium from a quart of milk?

jaa

I heat my eggshells for ~10 minutes and then crush them up a little bit in a mortar and pestle. Then I put that in a cheap electric coffee grinder to make it into dust. You should do this outside or wear some type of mask because breathing in the dust is toxic.

cliff

Ray says he eats at least one egg a day even in the US. Eggs are very high in cholesterol, biotin and choline(along with other stuff). I wouldn't really call eggs pufa laden lol plus you can't really eat liver everyday.

I think danny roddy has a video of the process if you search around and I think 1tsp is about 1000mg

Dean

Thanks for the info jaa...That's alot of trouble though particularily for February in Chicago. Maybe I'll give it a try at some point when the weather breaks.

The other thing that puts eggs in the "why bother" category for me is the copious amounts of oj Dr. Peat says you need to drink at the same time you eat eggs due to blood sugar response, I believe it was. I'm at a point where I am considering replacing or cutting back significantly on oj due to heartburn and beta carotene issues anyway.

Dean

cliff said:
Ray says he eats at least one egg a day even in the US. Eggs are very high in cholesterol, biotin and choline(along with other stuff). I wouldn't really call eggs pufa laden lol plus you can't really eat liver everyday.

I think danny roddy has a video of the process if you search around and I think 1tsp is about 1000mg

Hmmm. I thought I remembered Dr. Peat recommending no more than 1 or 2 eggs a week in the US and he always sounded very guarded to me in even recommending that. But my memory isn't the greatest.

How do you/Dr. Peat consume the eggs? Whole or just the yolks? Soft-boiled or raw?

cliff

I asked "Do you think its better to do 1 O3 egg a day or no eggs? I get ~400mg cholesterol and 550mg choline without it."

Ray said "I have an egg or two every day, even in the US."

You don't need a crazy amount of sugar with eggs if you just eat the yolk, you can use white sugar too.

I like to eat the yolks raw but will have scrambled eggs sometimes.

Dean

Cliff, why would you opt for the omega 3 eggs? Based on the simultaneous discussion going on in the liver and egg yolk thread, I was starting to think that the cheapest store bought eggs would be better than the O3 enriched or even eggs from the farmer's market because they are all using fish/flax meal in their feeds now to meet consumer demand for more omega 3.

cliff

I get generic organic eggs but the o3 eggs had less PUFA and a lot more vitamin E than commercial eggs.

gretchen

Dean said:
I don't quite understand why everyone is so free and easy with chocolate...tryptophan, fiber, lots of unsaturated fats, iron (though coffee can negate that). I'm thinking of cutting it out for now.
Good point about the chocolate. It makes me feel weird and I've always wondered why.

J

j.

gretchen said:
I've had regular milk chocolate lately. It isn't a wonder food for me personally.

I make my chocolate milk myself with pure cocoa powder to avoid things like carrageenan that they tend to add.

I also add coffee.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Haven't had chocolate milk in ages. Craving it now. Thanks ya'll! :rolling

OP
A

Austin

Charlie said:
Use that juicer for orange juice, and watermelon juice. Yum.

Thanks for the outstanding idea! I took your advice and juiced 2 mini watermelons, 4 lemons, and 20 oranges into a mix. It was delicious.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Austin. :hattip

Jenn

Good chocolate is low in iron 6-10%, avoid brands that are higher than that like 60%. Organic is NOT always best in the chocolate category. The saturated fat in chocolate is more than protective enough for the minimal PUFAs in it. The tryptophan is low too in relation to the other proteins.
Milk is high in tryptophan, but the benefits of the Ca can outweigh the negatives. You may need to avoid drinking too close to bedtime. Children NEED tryptophan, adults need a little bit too, just not nearly as much because we are not growing anymore. Different cuts of meat contain different proportions of tryptophan. Ribeye is like an egg, balanced. Brisket is not. Cheese is balanced (most of the tryptophan is removed in the whey.) Oysters, clams, mussels are balanced because you are eating the whole animal. Shrimp can be if you eat the heads. (I don't, just add gelatin.)

You got to keep it in context.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals