Always Hungry

saul42

Potatoes

I am not sure potatoes are bad. RP has stated many times that its a very healthy Root Veggie. That as long as its eaten with lots of butter and salt to taste that it is very good because of the minerals, and amino acids present. Even with sugar issues I have seen the benefits of eating potatoes (though i only boil them). If i take a walk 1 hr after eating them i have the best blood sugar readings. I don't even have to walk very fast just a nice brisk pace for 30 minutes at most and readings come in in the 90 ranges which is excellent for someone who had very high readings just 3-4 months ago.

Also watermelon if its ripened properly is also a good fruit. Full of potassium and mostly sugar. If its crisp and sweet its good. However if its mushy inside it should be avoided.

Just my two cents.

natedawggh

Shrimp said:
Hi friends,

A consistent problem I've been having while trying to eat according to Peat's ideas is constant hunger. I find it hard to consume enough milk, cheese, fruit and OJ to feel full at all, as they aren't easy to digest, and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting nearly enough calories. I'm hypo with many bad symptoms still (on 1 grain NDT), my digestion is weak (burping a lot after meals), and I've always been underweight, so I'm wondering if I'm not absorbing things properly. I'm also really craving starch with salt most of the time, like some rice pasta in broth with salt added. I don't really crave milk or OJ or fruit at all, honestly.

Typically I'll eat cheese and OJ for breakfast, greek yogurt with honey for snack, sugared/salted whole milk with beef for lunch, papaya or melon with milk for snack, more meat with milk and maybe a potato with butter or coconut oil for dinner, and as much HD vanilla ice cream before bed as I want (usually 1/2 cup or so).

Anyone else experience something similar? Not sure what to do. :?

Hi shrimp. U need gelatin. Glycine in gelatin the only amino acid to stimulate stronger hydrochloric acid (stomach acid) response, and it is only in skin and connective tissue from which gelatin is made, better dissolving what you eat so it can be absorbed better later down the track. Also, glycine helps to heal the conditions of the disgestive system (such as leaky gut) that might be inhibiting the absorbtion process. You can supplement it at first along with every meal, and once it starts working can have it less often, but still daily if you can. Buy it at the store if you can't make it. Any form is better than none. Also, peat said that when gelatine is in the diet, protein requirements are less! That means you get satiated more easily.

Dutchie

Apart from gelatin,you can also increase stomach acid&digestion by taking a good sip of lemon/limejuice a couple of minutes before a meal.

Ari

Re: Potatoes

saul42 said:
I am not sure potatoes are bad. RP has stated many times that its a very healthy Root Veggie. That as long as its eaten with lots of butter and salt to taste that it is very good because of the minerals, and amino acids present. Even with sugar issues I have seen the benefits of eating potatoes (though i only boil them). If i take a walk 1 hr after eating them i have the best blood sugar readings. I don't even have to walk very fast just a nice brisk pace for 30 minutes at most and readings come in in the 90 ranges which is excellent for someone who had very high readings just 3-4 months ago.

Also watermelon if its ripened properly is also a good fruit. Full of potassium and mostly sugar. If its crisp and sweet its good. However if its mushy inside it should be avoided.

Just my two cents.

Potatoes are to me, the best starchy food around - especially when well cooked (I like to throw them in the grill for an hour). I've never had a negative reaction to potatoes (I have to rice), but I always feel just a bit better when I eat fruit or drink milk instead. Potatoes are pretty awesome though for how much salt and oil they allow you to ingest, and for how many fruit style vitamins and sugars they have.

If I can't find any good fruit around, I will eat potatoes without guilt, but they aren't my first choice. That's how I feel about them anyways.

As far as watermelon goes, I've never had a good experience with them. Maybe they are too watery for me or something.

-----

Also, sometimes I do crave starch even though it doesn't seem to be the best thing for me. Not sure why, still trying to experiment with it.

Hasen

Re: Potatoes
Potatoes are to me, the best starchy food around - especially when well cooked (I like to throw them in the grill for an hour). I've never had a negative reaction to potatoes (I have to rice), but I always feel just a bit better when I eat fruit or drink milk instead. Potatoes are pretty awesome though for how much salt and oil they allow you to ingest, and for how many fruit style vitamins and sugars they have.

Yes potatoes are fine but the general idea Peat preaches is that sugar beats starch so on a daily basis sticking to sugars is the best bet. Having potatoes once is a while is fine but doesn't solve the daily hunger problem.

Luann

Second @Jenn with the potatoes, if grains are the hunger-maker, potatoes are the hunger banisher :P

Hasen

I think people are reading too much into Peat talking about particular foods, or saying one food is ok once in a while and then people decide to eat it daily. That's not what Peat's theories are about at all. They are about reaching a particular goal. The key thing in all that Peat says is that sugars are far superior carbs than starches. He's not saying its the only thing you should ever have but as much as possible, your 'go to' energy source should be sugars.

tomisonbottom

Potatoes!
Yep, my answer to just about anything, I know. Homemade fries are an EXCELLENT vehicle for salt and are one of the easiest foods to digest and assimilate if you CHEW until they are liquid in the mouth. Or potato soup or gelatin broth with potato chunks instead of rice or.....

We ate 6-8 small meals per day of potatoes for a very long time, until we healed enough to start adding other things.

P.S. It is really important to eat gelatin with meat per Peat....or just gelatin, if meat is not digesting well.

How long did you do only potatoes for?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals