Please Share Your Thyroid Supplementation Results

Ron J

Since it's supposed to raise DHT, did you feel any muscle hardening effects?
What were the effects on water retention?
How were your erections?
Any increase in strength?
And how was facial and body hair while on it?
I'd appreciate the feedback.

OP
R

Ron J

A question to @haidut about thyroid supplementation: Was the alleged 8-10 fold increase in DHT on castrated subjects? If so, what would be the DHT increase among subjects with normal DHT production?

I use T3 during the day, the tyronene product and I use a drop here in a drop there. I use two drops of the tyromix at night.

I think it's helped me feel better. I don't think it's raise my temperatures much and it hasn't raise my heart rate that much but I in general feel a little bit better with it. I don't see any difference in muscles, but I just think overall my health has improved.

OP
R

Ron J

I use T3 during the day, the tyronene product and I use a drop here in a drop there. I use two drops of the tyromix at night.

I think it's helped me feel better. I don't think it's raise my temperatures much and it hasn't raise my heart rate that much but I in general feel a little bit better with it. I don't see any difference in muscles, but I just think overall my health has improved.
That's great. I guess it depends on what the actual DHT increase is. Thanks for the feedback.

Jsaute21

Since it's supposed to raise DHT, did you feel any muscle hardening effects?
What were the effects on water retention?
How were your erections?
Any increase in strength?
And how was facial and body hair while on it?
I'd appreciate the feedback.

This is a good thread. Interested to hear well rounded feedback on it.

BingDing

I've been taking 60mg/day of Armour NDT for a couple years. I was doing OK except for insomnia, which I've had for 30 years in greater and lesser degrees.

A week ago I put 10 drops of Tyronene (80mcg of T3) on the back of my hand, just for the hell of it. I got an immediate jolt and felt very good. So I've been dosing that and Tyromax all week, throughout the day. This week has been outstanding. I'd say an improved outlook was the most noticeable; as much as I hate pop psych terminology it was like I got off a manic/depressive roller coaster and felt normal again, like I did when I was young. My job takes a lot of mental focus and I've had problems doing it consistently over the last year but this week I sat down every day and cranked it out, a very distinct improvement. Not much difference physically except muscle tone seemed to improve, my biceps feel different, more solid, when I flex them. One night I had an erection every time I woke up, which is very unusual. Not much change in hair over the years, gradual thinning on top has been pretty consistent.

BD, at 2:30 in the morning.

OP
R

Ron J

Hey @TubZy
I was reading about your T4/T3 supplementation in the PFS thread and I'm wondering if you've noticed any effects of increased 5AR.

superhuman

I've been taking 60mg/day of Armour NDT for a couple years. I was doing OK except for insomnia, which I've had for 30 years in greater and lesser degrees.

A week ago I put 10 drops of Tyronene (80mcg of T3) on the back of my hand, just for the hell of it. I got an immediate jolt and felt very good. So I've been dosing that and Tyromax all week, throughout the day. This week has been outstanding. I'd say an improved outlook was the most noticeable; as much as I hate pop psych terminology it was like I got off a manic/depressive roller coaster and felt normal again, like I did when I was young. My job takes a lot of mental focus and I've had problems doing it consistently over the last year but this week I sat down every day and cranked it out, a very distinct improvement. Not much difference physically except muscle tone seemed to improve, my biceps feel different, more solid, when I flex them. One night I had an erection every time I woke up, which is very unusual. Not much change in hair over the years, gradual thinning on top has been pretty consistent.

That is very interesting. So you take 80mcg T3 once a day daily on your hand/skin ? and still get the effects?

marsaday

Been on T4 / T3 for over 8 yrs now. Health was a wreck before treatment. Blamed it all on depression for years, but it turned out to be thyroid.

Thyroid hormone will increase testosterone levels, so assume the same for DHT. I have blood data showing my testosterone jumped from 10 to 17 mol (10-31 range).

Anti depressant use will have lowered testosterone though, so don't think 10 to 17 is a normal result. Would say a 25% increase is likely to be the norm.

Health much better, yes harder muscles, flatter stomach, better quality skin BUT i am comparing this to being quite ill, not someone who is looking for a small metabolic boost.

Just google all the side affects of low thyroid and these things will improve with supplementation. You need to find what works for you because if you take too much you will experience LOW thyroid symptoms again. It is a feedback loop and so the body will shut down thyroid production and render the stuff in your blood inactive if you do to much. So go slow and steady.

Proper levels of thyroid will reduce cortisol levels and so you won't have as much water retention, high BP and all the other stuff associated with high cortisol. But again it is a fine balancing act.

Wagner83

Why do you take it topically? As 'superhuman' I'm curious how you dose those supplements in .

Tarmander

Been taking naturthroid for about 7 weeks. First 4 weeks it was great. The effects seem to be getting weaker. Not exactly sure why, trying some vitamin E in case it's PUFA stores.

OP
R

Ron J

Odd that I didn't see this comment.
Seems like great effects. I'm assuming that the people with bad(high(er) estrogen symptoms) results didn't completely follow the dietary guidelines. I'm thinking about using thyroid(cynoplus).

TubZy

Hey @TubZy
I was reading about your T4/T3 supplementation in the PFS thread and I'm wondering if you've noticed any effects of increased 5AR.

Hey, I'm at a lower dose at the moment (40mcg T4 and 12mcg T3) and I can't 100% say it is strictly from 5AR increase but I overall feel better on it, meaning my glycogen stores have improved greatly, digestion is 100% fixed, sleep better, skin is better, more energy in the gym, slight increase in libido, temps are higher.

I have been thinking about upping the t3 to the bodybuilder type doses of 50mcg+ of T3 a day to see what would happen especially for 5AR purposes as I have been finding more and more studies on how effective T3 is in the brain especially at controlling homeostasis. So I'm thinking the high doses of T3 can maybe help re-sensitize some of the cells from being in a hypothyroid type (especially in the brain) state for years. I think I'm fairly on the low end of the T3 dosage at the moment, so I think it would be worth trying.

Other than that the only downside seems the food bill so far at least

Last edited:
OP
R

Ron J

Hey, I'm at a lower dose at the moment (40mcg T4 and 12mcg T3) and I can't 100% say it is strictly from 5AR increase but I overall feel better on it, meaning my glycogen stores have improved greatly, digestion is 100% fixed, sleep better, skin is better, more energy in the gym, slight increase in libido, temps are higher.

I have been thinking about upping the t3 to the bodybuilder type doses of 50mcg+ of T3 a day to see what would happen especially for 5AR purposes as I have been finding more and more studies on how effective T3 is in the brain especially at controlling homeostasis. So I'm thinking the high doses of T3 can maybe help re-sensitize some of the cells from being in a hypothyroid type (especially in the brain) state for years. I think I'm fairly on the low end of the T3 dosage at the moment, so I think it would be worth trying.

Other than that the only downside seems the food bill so far at least
Thanks for the feedback.
Those are great results. I could use better sleep.
Do you have any food recommendations when on thyroid? I think all I may have to increase via supplements(cheap option instead of food) are a few B-vitamins. The rest, specially the fat-solubles seem to be many times above the DV.
Also, have you noticed any muscle loss on thyroid? It's usually the belief among many in the bodybuilding community.

TubZy

Thanks for the feedback.
Those are great results. I could use better sleep.
Do you have any food recommendations when on thyroid? I think all I may have to increase via supplements(cheap option instead of food) are a few B-vitamins. The rest, specially the fat-solubles seem to be many times above the DV.
Also, have you noticed any muscle loss on thyroid? It's usually the belief among many in the bodybuilding community.

Yeah, there is a study showing that thyroid regulates circadian rhythm, which I can't seem to find at the moment. But yeah, B complex, vit A, magnesium should be the most important, but I would say mainly B1. You may not even need to supplement anything, I would just go how you feel. I eat plenty of eggs so I'm pretty good on vit A and I get a good amount of OJ in for the B1. There seemed to be an adjustment period too, I kinda felt worse the first couple of days then I felt better, I think it was my glycogen stores improving.

Nah, no muscle loss on thyroid, but I'm defintley holding less water, which is a good thing both in muscles and waist. The muscle loss issue seems to become apparent when you are taking 50mcg+ without the combination off steroids, but as long as you are eating enough (protein/carbs) I don't think it is an issue as long as you don't go above that, just try to avoid a fasting state which can definitely make you loss muscle regardless.

OP
R

Ron J

Yeah, there is a study showing that thyroid regulates circadian rhythm, which I can't seem to find at the moment. But yeah, B complex, vit A, magnesium should be the most important, but I would say mainly B1. You may not even need to supplement anything, I would just go how you feel. I eat plenty of eggs so I'm pretty good on vit A and I get a good amount of OJ in for the B1. There seemed to be an adjustment period too, I kinda felt worse the first couple of days then I felt better, I think it was my glycogen stores improving.

Nah, no muscle loss on thyroid, but I'm defintley holding less water, which is a good thing both in muscles and waist. The muscle loss issue seems to become apparent when you are taking 50mcg+ without the combination off steroids, but as long as you are eating enough (protein/carbs) I don't think it is an issue as long as you don't go above that, just try to avoid a fasting state which can definitely make you loss muscle regardless.
Thank you for the feedback.
I'll give it a try.

Jsaute21

@TubZy are you still taking thyroid? If so, how you feeling?

Out of all the thyroid supplements I tried, synthetic T3 is the only thing worth a damn.

Everything else either stops working after a few days, or flat out doesn't work at all (including the fabled 'NDT').

Saphire

I am currently taking Nutri-meds, getting ready to switch over to Thiroyd, already ordered. My temp is around 97.5 during day. I am following a Ray peat eating. I have not been to a Dr. Since last year. They kept running labs, decreased thyroid(at the time was armour)meds, Md wanted to focus on Candida. This is when I found Forefront Health and Ray peat. Since starting the diet have not experienced Candida issues. I am on 3 pills a day of Nutri-meds. Be fire being diagnosed with Hypo, I was a gym rat, NOW, I get maybe once a week, 20 min low moderate exercise. I have no stamina, energy is steady, just not enough for a continuous exercise. Should I try increasing the T3?
Here are my labs from a year ago:
TSH- .84
T-4 -.8
ESTRADIOL- 203.8(PGML)
Progesterone- 4.42(ng/ml)
The reading on here is good, Howe we, I get overwhelmed. I have no idea how this T3 thing works. Hopefully someone could give me some sort of direction.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals