Share your pre-Peating and post experiences in this thread

Warrior

I'm interested in hearing the effects you experienced first hand when it comes to your life pre-Peating and post please.

Details like the following using a ??/10 grade would be great:

Energy
Mental acumen
Wellbeing
Reactivity
Sleep quality
Sex drive
Muscle mass
Body fat
Creativity

Also information like what your previous lifestyle was like in comparison, how long it took to shift to the Peat perspective along with pros and cons and any other interesting observations you've noticed on the journey.

My interests are in creating, maintaining and sustaining radiant health whilst staying lean and centered with sustained energy output that I can ramp up or dial down at will, depending upon the situation, hormonal optimization and the best quality sleep I can get as its the bedrock of the rest.

Thanks

Nomane Euger

@Warrior
My interests are in creating, maintaining and sustaining radiant health whilst staying lean and centered with sustained energy output that I can ramp up or dial down at will, depending upon the situation, hormonal optimization and the best quality sleep I can get as its the bedrock of the rest."
hi,do you imply that you are not what you consider radiantly healthy now?what is your current health status from your perspective?

i wish you fun

piro444

I'm interested in hearing the effects you experienced first hand when it comes to your life pre-Peating and post please.

Energy
Mental acumen
Wellbeing
Reactivity
Sleep quality
Sex drive
Muscle mass
Body fat
Creativity

Also information like what your previous lifestyle was like in comparison, how long it took to shift to the Peat perspective along with pros and cons and any other interesting observations you've noticed on the journey.

My interests are in creating, maintaining and sustaining radiant health whilst staying lean and centered with sustained energy output that I can ramp up or dial down at will, depending upon the situation, hormonal optimization and the best quality sleep I can get as its the bedrock of the rest.

Thanks
First off, I’d rather say “in-peating than post peating as I’m still using the principles
That being said

Energy 2/10 to a 7/10, still battling my anxiety that causes me a constant muscle spasm
Mental acumen 7/10 -> 8/10
Wellbeing 3/10 -> 8/10
Reactivity 5/10 -> 8/10, recently a glass fell from the drawer and I took it instantly, I later realized what happened and I was pretty happy
Sleep quality 3/10 -> it varies from a 4 to a 6, stress is taking over my life recently, but I’m changing that
Sex drive 4/10 -> 6/10, no big deal as of now, still battling stress
Muscle mass 4/10 -> 8/10, I’m bodybuilding so it is pretty important for me, even tho it’s a stressor in my life
Body fat 15% -> 11%, but the calorie expenditure doubled, as of now I’m eating 370gr of carbs on a low maintenance phase and I’m struggling to finish them, I used to be fat and eat 120gr of them or even less
Creativity 9/10 -> 9/10, always been a creative person thankfully

Keep in mind that by reading this, Peat would be the panacea, but it’s not just his diet it’s the mix of the things I’ve done (work on my stress, change or avoid supplements, cure more some parts of my life and so on)
It’s the chicken and the egg problem, who came first? Am I better because I’m living an healthier life or am I living an healthier life because I’m better? We’ll never know, but I’m okay with that
I will continue to follow his diet staples because they resonate with me, its basically avoid PUFAs, enjoy nature and its foods, look after your metabolism

Jennifer

Energy
Mental acumen
Wellbeing
Reactivity
Sleep quality
Sex drive
Muscle mass
Body fat
Creativity

Thanks

Just a disclaimer—I followed a diet that was almost identical to my current “Peaty” diet, i.e., the one Ray suggested to me, so I had already experienced the improvements I list below, prior to finding his work.

PRE-PEATING:

• Energy—11/10—I was running on so much adrenaline that I couldn’t sit still.
• Mental acumen—8/10—My mind was sharp, but hyper-focused on saving my life.
• Wellbeing—1/10—I was in terrible pain from my spine collapsing and wanted to die most days.
• Reactivity—11/10—I was on high alert/was highly overreactive.
• Sleep quality—1/10—I woke from night terrors every 2 hours needing to urinate.
• Sex drive—7/10
• Muscle mass—1/10—I was severely underweight and most of my muscles had atrophied.
• Body fat—LOW
• Creativity—10/10—I’ve always been creative, but my creativity was being put toward navigating the medical establishment and disease.

PEATING:

• Energy—10/10—I have outstanding energy, but can relax when I need to. Think a child’s energy—play hard and rest hard.
• Mental acumen—10/10
• Wellbeing—10/10—I’m now training to climb mountains again and I’m just really happy to be alive.
• Reactivity—10/10
• Sleep quality—10/10 with one caveat—that I don’t overtrain. I sleep like a baby otherwise.
• Sex drive—10/10—11/10 when I take Progest-E.
• Muscle mass—10/10 for an Olive Oyl and 1/10 for a Popeye.
• Body fat—It hasn’t been measured in a while, but I get very little fat with the pinch test.
• Creativity—10/10—It’s back to the more artistic and childlike creativity I had prior to falling ill.

Pre-Peating I followed a high-carb, low-fat, low-protein, plant-based diet and was an active hiker. At its lowest, my weight was 67 lb (30 kg), and half my spine collapsed—I had 12 vertebral fractures, 8 of which compressed. Within months of Peating—I gained back my weight—95 lb (43 kg) and all the muscle that had atrophied while plant-based and within a year, I had improved my bone density by 50% and learned how to walk again. My biggest struggle when I began Peating was tolerating dairy again—I was having full-on allergic reactions to it—constipation, hives, anaphylaxis etc.—until doctors treated my chronic SIBO and hypothyroidism.

Keep in mind that by reading this, Peat would be the panacea, but it’s not just his diet it’s the mix of the things I’ve done (work on my stress, change or avoid supplements, cure more some parts of my life and so on)
It’s the chicken and the egg problem, who came first? Am I better because I’m living an healthier life or am I living an healthier life because I’m better? We’ll never know, but I’m okay with that
I will continue to follow his diet staples because they resonate with me, its basically avoid PUFAs, enjoy nature and its foods, look after your metabolism

This 1000%.

OP
Warrior

Warrior

but it’s not just his diet it’s the mix of the things I’ve done (work on my stress, change or avoid supplements, cure more some parts of my life and so on)

Yes, a lot of studies and PR fluff often overlooks this factor as those who are actually paying attention to what they're eating are often also doing other health promoting things and avoiding the deleterious in comparison to the rest. I believe it was the Med Diet that was all the rage and being promoted as amazing but what nobody seemed to click was most of the areas in question were exceedingly religious and did loads of fasting/calorie restriction as well as having huge social circles, locally sourced meals that were home cooked and various other factors which were as (if not more) important in creating their health.

It all is really deceptive and tricky but an honest man has the potential to make a lot of liars yelp just with his presence.

@Jennifer - That was very interesting, thanks for sharing. It definitely sounds like your approach is paying dividends. You say you were already following something similar before Peating, what changed to create the difference in health then as you seem to have gone from running on stims/constantly at the limits whilst not having a clue what an off switch is to radiant health. Amazing.

What were the differences that made a difference as it all seems quite dramatic in your example? Was it just switching from plant based to meat and getting your thyroid fixed? The back comment also intrigued because if I had to guess I'd say at least 70% of this board has that issue, in some shape or fashion, as anywhere people congregate creates an energy field that you can tap into if you're sensitive. There is also a lot of repressed anger which doesn't help.

That is also the reason why a lot of people intuitively find social media so repulsive as they're feeling the vibe of the tribe and it doesn't gel with their inner realm. Digital osmosis is a fascinating thing. I'll have to push the pen in a moment and share a perspective on it as its very rarely spoken of as the net has become so ubiquitous most don't notice the shift in resonance and the changes it brings.

Mind is everything. Everything is mind. All on the outside simply points to what is within.

Anyone else feel like sharing their experience?

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @Warrior. :) The short answer—energy work.

Prior to Peating, just after my spine collapsed, my doctor at the time switched me from the whole food plant-based diet I had been on for years to an ancestral-based diet centered on the Weston A. Price Foundation principles. I craved raw dairy like crazy so I consumed as much of it as I do now (4 L worth), which more than doubled my protein intake, as well as dramatically increasing my calcium and fat soluble vitamin intake, and this rebuilt my body, however, diet was only a fraction of my healing. I’ve been actively working on cultivating self-love and releasing—releasing trauma from the sexual abuse I suffered as a child, releasing dysfunctional family patterns, releasing one-sided relationships, releasing the need to please, releasing the trauma of my injury and the trauma surrounding my mum’s death last January—and transmuting the repressed pain and anger I had into empowerment and joy, and tapping into my inner child more, essentially giving her a voice and chance to express herself. Some of this work has included crying, punching my mattress, dancing, training to climb mountains again, journaling and forcing myself to be vulnerable by sharing my thoughts in my log on the forum—my latest log post was especially hard for me to share.

A big thing for me was realizing that the tragedies I’ve experienced in my life can coexist with the beautiful parts of it. I thought that in order to heal, everything about my life had to be perfect—my environment, my diet, my mental state, my energy or “vibration,” and that I needed to not only accept the tragedies but find the lessons in them, however, there are just some things in my life, like my mum’s death, that were senseless, and learning to see beyond the not so pretty parts of my life has sent my healing into overdrive. This is something I believe makes children incredibly wise and why they tend to bounce back more easily than adults. They see passed the mess of the world into the magical, beautiful parts of it, and they want to be here, to experience life. I see the tiny humans, stuck in hospital beds fighting cancer, praying to God and wishing for healing because they love life. They see the gift in it. I’ve survived a lot and who am I to waste the gift that I’ve been given, you know? Nothing has been more healing than that sobering realization. My life, tragedies and all, is a gift. I really do believe more people would see a shift in their health if they too could see their life as a gift, and know that they are worthy of it. Life doesn’t just happen to us, we happen to life. :)

OP
Warrior

Warrior

@Jennifer - This is so in line with my waking of thinking and mode of solution that I'm going to take it as a sign to stick around as I was about to leave this place and jet as it didn't seem me and the rest were speaking the same dialect or even language...

Quite strange, when you think about, as a lot of the topics and general perspective about the world and its states of socially sanctioned madness align quite well but its all vibration and up until now I wasn't feeling any form of resonance. Maybe its the cliquishness or (more likely) my bluntness as I'm super direct but anyway, lets see what happens...

Back on topic:

It is all energy, as far as I can see. Stagnation and a lack of release makes people run in loops they hate to create a life they detest but their rigidity of thinking will not permit them to do anything else so they feel an immense sense of frustration that manifests in many, many ways. All of which are Self Destructive as its a way to cope with the pain they dare not fully face. The metaphor I use frequently is that of coals and diamonds as the latter is the same as the former but endured immense amounts of pressure over a huge period of time that led to its change from something common and worthless to the hardest yet most beautiful substance known to man.

It's all alchemical, in that sense. You are who you've been waiting for as none but ourselves can free our mind even though others can provide guidance and hints by sharing what worked for them. Another axiom I've coined which I feel may help you and those reading is:

Fear is a street sign on the way to healing.

Recode that adrenaline dump as a hint you're hearting in the right direction and embrace the exhilaration as those who progress discover their greatest power and strength hidden behind the dread. Quite clever, isn't it? How nature hides our gifts by first forcing us to marshal the will and strength to actually heed the call to adventure. Such is the heroes quest... Many are called but few choose themselves.

Its my firmest belief, that is backed up with loads of observation and testing, that every single one of us is born whole (a state I call Inner Sense) and then an event occurs (before 8 usually, sometimes even fetal) that shatters this state into fragments and thus are born coping mechanisms and belief systems. When you point this out to someone who goes through the basic motions of wanting to heal (but doesn't really) they'll scream, yell, protest and say you're the meanest person who ever lived without truly knowing why they feel like this as your presence is activating their energetics. This is due to the self perpetuating "avoid danger" protective mech that runs the subconscious and holds all your trauma and repressed feelings of these events in what I call the Pain Body to hide them from your fragmented consciousness.

Tapping into this, feeling, freeing, releasing and recoding the experience can produce results that are nigh on miraculous as the mind is designed to edit and forget but the body remembers everything and thus the past is always present so its best dealt with otherwise it runs things based on faulty programming, fear and ignorance. This lies at the root of why the world is a mess as its a multi generational inheritance of suffering akin to burying toxic emotional waste in landfills and thus most of your ills aren't even yours but you are the one who must deal with em or pass them onto your children. Its all resonance, energetics and consciousness in this realm.

I'll take a look at your journaling and fully agree its an amazing, healing modality as it allows you to get what is in, out and thus you can get a better handle on it. A new perspective can be very refreshing as it provides an alternative to unconscious repression by facilitating introspection and dredging to bring the old to the surface where it can be inspected, ejected and reframed. It is more effective with a pad and pen as opposed to tapping keys and hitting send due to the differing modes of neural activation but anything is better than nothing and the world is steadily becoming a stream of pixels so get in where you fit in after considering all options.

In the interim I think you may enjoy reading this:

"There once was a bird that was tied with a chain. It could fly where it wished, from past to future as its binds possessed great length and when they were first placed on she fought with all her strength.

What once was the embodiment of freedom was now forced to live within limits and initially she went and pecked with great vengeance and furious anger at the source of her discontent which was the peg that attached the chain which was fastened around her leg. After a while she gave up because it seemed useless, the obstacle simply wouldn’t shift".

And then consider trying this:

"Take this as a preview of whats to come as its a very simple but exceedingly effective method of reconnecting with your inner child whose pristine presence still dwells within the depths of your Adulterated awareness.

You will require a notepad and two pens. One with black and the other red ink along with the intent and dedication to take twenty to forty five minutes every day at the same time, the same place for twenty one consecutive days to take the foundational steps to rebuild your relationship to the child within."

Thank you for being so honest and direct. They are akin to guiding beacons to me as truth is essential to navigate the darkness of this realm. Good luck on your adventure as that is what it truly is...

Jennifer

I’m really glad you’ve decided to stay, @Warrior. :) Wonderful post! I resonate with many of the thoughts you’ve shared in it. I know of a few members here who likely would, also. Thank you for the links. I’ll look at them after I’m done replying. I’m especially interested in the exercise you share in the second one. To help with cultivating self-love, I keep a mental picture of me as a child and when I catch myself thinking hurtful things about myself, I picture my child self and this over time has helped change my inner dialogue. I too believe we are born whole. I see life experiences as revealing parts of ourselves that already existed within us but that we may have been unaware of, and I believe that as I heal, I’m healing generational lines and breaking the chains of dysfunction. It’s a lot of work, at times exhausting, but my hope is that it eventually becomes my way of being like it was when I was very young, and less so a mental exercise.

I appreciate your honesty and directness, and thank you for the encouragement. I wish you luck, as well. :)

piro444

Yes, a lot of studies and PR fluff often overlooks this factor as those who are actually paying attention to what they're eating are often also doing other health promoting things and avoiding the deleterious in comparison to the rest. I believe it was the Med Diet that was all the rage and being promoted as amazing but what nobody seemed to click was most of the areas in question were exceedingly religious and did loads of fasting/calorie restriction as well as having huge social circles, locally sourced meals that were home cooked and various other factors which were as (if not more) important in creating their health.
Funny that you say that as I live in a Mediterranean region (as Mediterranean as it gets, living in Italy ahahah) and you’re completely right
My great grandma died at 103, not really caring about her health other that eating close to nothing, having a ton of bone broths and eating a lot of cheese (sometimes rotten, but didn’t really care as she grew up during ww1 and ww2, when the food was scarce) and stale bread (I mean a lot as a percentage of her diet, thinking about it, she probably ate like 4/500kcals a day, she was really really skinny and often drank tea during the day and chamomile before bed and lived in a no stress environment)
As a family we kept the med diet up until early 2000s when fast food and pre made meals came around
But we often dine together, strictly eating homemade meals consisting of mostly meat and pasta and desserts (Tiramisu is pretty peaty and super common here)

It all is really deceptive and tricky but an honest man has the potential to make a lot of liars yelp just with his presence.
I’m gonna steal this one, loved what you said
Glad you joined the forum mate

OP
Warrior

Warrior

Like I said people take carefully edited, forced perspectives and then treat them like end all be alls without even the faintest conception of what its actually like on the ground, sky and all in between.

The 2000s point is very interesting as we definitely saw a huge swerve toward convenience instead of home cooked at that point and the whole family meal thing slid as well till we get to where we are now. I've often said that modern society is exceedingly unwell and normalizes pathology as reality because so few actually think and consider what the hell they're doing or why.

Back on topic:

Any Peatarians wish to share more of what they got from following his perspective?

OccamzRazer

Energy: 5 > 10
Mental acumen: 5 > 9
Wellbeing: 7 > 10
Reactivity: 2 > 9
Sleep quality: 6 > 10
Sex drive: 8 > 10
Muscle mass: 6 > 10
Body fat: 9 > 10
Creativity: 7 > 10

Eating more fat & fish and fewer carbs than the average Peatarian...but Peat principles are nonetheless responsible for much of these improvements!

PS. Thanks for your threads @Warrior. Your energy is refreshing, especially compared to some of the other new forum members 🙏

OP
Warrior

Warrior

All good man, all I can be is me because if you're not real then whats the point? Be the change you wish to see and I like to keep it real as the world is becoming super fake in so many ways. Not to mention the PC obfuscating and word trickery so I'm very direct.

Those stats are glowing. Could you comment on your personalization of the protocol please? How did you find the adjustments which worked and what didn't from the original principles?

Also, would I be correct in saying the main force for the uptick for everyone who responded so far was fixing their thyroid and adopting new choices from a position of wisdom that weren't decimating it with their previous lifestyle choices?

OccamzRazer

All good man, all I can be is me because if you're not real then whats the point? Be the change you wish to see and I like to keep it real as the world is becoming super fake in so many ways. Not to mention the PC obfuscating and word trickery so I'm very direct.
Exactly! Being yourself can be polarizing, but always worth it nonetheless.
Those stats are glowing. Could you comment on your personalization of the protocol please?
Many thanks...sure! The most helpful Peat principles, for me, have been these:

- Minimizing stress
- Staying out of 'fight or flight' mode
- Getting plenty of red light
- Eating plenty of glycine
- Boosting thyroid health

Other principles haven't been so helpful. I:

- Eat way more PUFA and MUFA than Peat recommends: salmon, avocados, nuts, etc
- Eat fewer carbs/sugars than most (tho the carbs I do eat are largely natural sugars)
- Go into mild ketosis occasionally
- Prioritize raw foods if palatable
- Swap out coffee for tea

Surely there are many more similarities and differences - these are just what come to mind now.

As of now, life honestly often feels like heaven on earth. I'm thankful!

OP
Warrior

Warrior

That is a great insight, thanks for sharing your experience. Like I said elsewhen, you've got to experiment and create something that fits your mindbody and this requires present moment perception and a willingness to reality test in order to write your own script. An interesting thing about this:
Exactly! Being yourself can be polarizing, but always worth it nonetheless.

From my lens we never actually interact with another, only our perception of them ergo anyone who feels strongly pro or against is actually speaking on what is going on inside them that the presence of your vibration brings to their awareness, projects and then is absorbed. Just grasping this one step from the Path of Power has changed many peoples lives and its also the exact opposite of the modern trigger minimizing craze that is all by design as the System likes its denizens weak, rigid and placing their power outside of themselves.

Fear is a street sign on the way to power is one I'm fond of saying and if you change your mind you'll change you life as there are no accidents, only opportunities in this realm. Many are called but few choose themselves. Those that do are the 8% who are classed as Warriors by their thoughts, deeds and actions. The rest are enslaved by ignorance that masquerades as wisdom due to never being reality tested...

OP
Warrior

Warrior

Borrowing this for future reference in case someone is reading so its all in the same place as its relevant to the previous comment in this thread:

@rayban, below is a list of the foods I consume and a sample day of eating. I only eat a small amount of fresh fruit whole—I average no more than 15 g of fiber daily—and the dried fruit I brew in a tea bag for tisanes:

CARBS (40%):

• Bananas—lady finger, mysore, nam wah
• Berries (dried)—black raspberries, blueberries, golden raspberries, marionberries, mulberries, red raspberries, strawberries
• Dates—sukkari
• Figs (dried)
• Grapes—gum drop, pink muscat
• Melon—honeydew, snowball
• Peaches (dried & fresh)—white
• Pears (dried)—bosc
• Raw milk
• Raw honey—acacia, gallberry, orange blossom, tupelo, wild blueberry, wildflower, wild raspberry
• Sugarcane crystals

FATS (35%):

• Cocoa butter
• Dairy fat
• Egg yolks

PROTEINS (25%):

• Pastured raw certified A2 dairy—Dutch Belted, Guernsey and Jersey
• Pastured eggs

HERBS & SEASONINGS:

• Chamomile
• Cinnamon—Ceylon
• Hibiscus
• Kosher salt
• Orange peels
• Osmanthus
• Vanilla beans—Madagascan, Tahitian

A TYPICAL DAY OF EATING

BREAKFAST: Cinnamon vanilla milkshake, cheesy omelette, and sweetened orange tisane

SNACK: Banana honeydew peach blender ice cream and sweetened blueberry tisane

LUNCH: 1 L of milk, homemade raw cheese curds, and sweetened peach osmanthus tisane

SNACK: Tupelo honey blender ice cream or homemade white chocolate covered dates

DINNER: 1 L of milk, homemade raw cheese curds, and sweetened black raspberry tisane

ChetnikPeater

Energy
Mental acumen
Wellbeing
Reactivity
Sleep quality
Sex drive
Muscle mass
Body fat
Creativity

Thanks
Rarely ever get sick as compared to getting sick quite often, at least 2-3 times a year or maybe up to 6 times. Can't remember the last time i really had a sickness besides contracting a stomach bug from someone near me which had me sick for not even a full day, while the people around me needed 3ish days to recover.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals