Supplementing Thyroid

concussedgal

I'm pretty new here, hi all. I bought a grass fed beef thyroid supplement from LifeGivingStore, feeling like it'd be a good start. Each serving is 30mg.
My lab results: T3 Reverse: 13 (range 8-25) T3 Free: 3 (range 3-4.7) T4 Free: 1.1 (.8-1.4) Thyroglobulin: 4.4 TSH: 2.14 (previously 3.31 was earlier in the morning) TSI: <89 (range <140) TPO Ab: 14 (range 0-26) Thyroglobulin antibody: <1
I know that there are a ton of different options. Could someone pls recommend how much I should be supplementing (of either my product from LifeGiving, or preferably, other kinds if they'd be helpful) and which types would help? And I've found some international pharmacies, which I could order from..
Based on my values vs. "optimal ranges," I believe that I have a bit of an underactive thyroid. My carbon dioxide levels were low, 17 out of 20-29. I also had low vitamin D levels, for which I've been supplementing vitamin D3 anywhere from 8,000 to 16,000 IU. I've been supplementing transdermally recently but for the last few months was taking it orally.
I'm coming from a rabbit hole of dieting, like others on this forum. I was vegan two different times, for about a year. During this time, I sustained 2 concussions. So I was pretty much starving my body of essential nutrients, while trying to heal my brain. After a few months of being in denial, I jumped right into different versions of ketogenic diets- this was September 2019. Since adding carbs and sugars in, I'm feeling a lot better. My leftover symptoms are brain fog, restlessness, pure OCD (I have voluntary tics which are quite distressing), hair loss, low energy, and I go in and out of a depressed mood state (this has improved a little recently). I've recovered exponentially, and I feel thankful for that. I'm young, 19, so I'm keeping myself hopeful and positive generally. I'd appreciate any general advice as well. It could advise me to go in the right direction! Also, I'll add this in: I have seen multiple doctors and health care practitioners throughout this.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

HUF

Hi @concussedgal diet is the core of everything. let everyone know exactly what you eat in a day, include calories, macros and types of food. Your young so luckily if you stick with Rays diet principles you will have great health as you grow older. I'd always suggest a coach to help make the right choices as going crazy on too many supps can really make things worse without the support of a solid diet. Kitty from win at life or Emma sgourakis from Australia are both very helpful and have worked closely with Ray and the popping the food bubble creators Dodie Anderson and Rob from turner. I wish you all the best with your health