Plastic bottles as endocrine disruptors?

Ippodrom47

I've been trying to put my finger on exactly what's causing my thyroid issues like normal hormones (TSH/Free T4/Free T3) but very bad reactions to all types of goitrogens and equally very hypothyroid reactions to small increases of daily iodine consumption. Iodine, selenium, zinc, magnesium, iron, very little beta carotene, etc, all in check, no autoimmune antibodies to anything. However, I've been drinking from plastic bottles every day for around a year. Is it a long shot or a possibility? I'm not talking about life-long side effects, mad conspiracy theories, etc, just the real situation - can drinking from plastic bottles on a regular basis cause thyroid dysfunction?

I've been trying to put my finger on exactly what's causing my thyroid issues like normal hormones (TSH/Free T4/Free T3) but very bad reactions to all types of goitrogens and equally very hypothyroid reactions to small increases of daily iodine consumption. Iodine, selenium, zinc, magnesium, iron, very little beta carotene, etc, all in check, no autoimmune antibodies to anything. However, I've been drinking from plastic bottles every day for around a year. Is it a long shot or a possibility? I'm not talking about life-long side effects, mad conspiracy theories, etc, just the real situation - can drinking from plastic bottles on a regular basis cause thyroid dysfunction?
Yes those bottles are terrible, as well as fluoride in the water. I won’t touch bottled water and make my own purified and fluoride free ice at home. Our water supply is a major problem. I had health issues for years with various stories to tell until I finally figured out fluoride was the major culprit.

"There are many toxins which modify hormonal responses, activating cells and altering the immune system (including estrogens and dioxins.) When these act early in life, extremely small amounts can cause life-long changes." -Ray Peat

“In November, 1995, an international conference was held to study the problem of "Environmental endocrine-disrupting chemicals," and to devise strategies for increasing public awareness of the seriousness of the problem. Their "Statement from the work session" says "New evidence is especially worrisome because it underscores the exquisite sensitivity of the developing nervous system to chemical perturbations that result in functional abnormalities." "This work session was convened because of the growing concern that failure to confront the problem could have major economic and societal implications." "We are certain of the following: Endocrine-disrupting chemicals can undermine neurological and behavioral development and subsequent potential of individuals...." "Because the endocrine system is sensitive to perturbation, it is a likely target for disturbance." "Man-made endocrine-disrupting chemicals range across all continents and oceans. They are found in native populations from the Arctic to the tropics, and, because of their persistence in the body, can be passed from generation to generation." "...many endocrine-disrupting contaminants, even if less potent than the natural products, are present in living tissue at concentrations millions of times higher than the natural hormones." "The developing brain exhibits specific and often narrow windows during which exposure to endocrine disruptors can produce permanent changes in its structure and function." -Ray Peat

I posted this video, linked below, and there is plenty more in that thread from Sefton and others about plastics stuck in our bodies aka “forever chemicals” in that thread. This is one of the reasons why Ray Peat does not suggest drinking water and says to drink milk because the cow filtered out the toxins.

View: https://youtu.be/I75qa0kTeY4

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals