Drop In Mom's Thyroid Levels, Undetectable By Blood Tests, Tanks Child IQ

haidut

I am posting this article mostly for the specific quote corroborating Peat's writing that thyroid blood tests are very unreliable and always have to be interpreted together with other "biomarkers" of thyroid function such as pulse, core temperature, muscle tone, reflexes, etc before a comprehensive diagnosis can be made. In fact, the article says even if there is no detectable drop in mom's thyroid blood tests, offspring health is still affected. If a drop in a pregnant woman's thyroid function so tiny it cannot be detected by blood tests can cause such drastic drop in offspring IQ, then imagine what more measurable drops in adult thyroid function can do to adult IQ (and systemic health). Even if those drops leave thyroid hormone levels still in the "normal range", where normality has been defined by biased (sometimes even corrupt) doctors based on data from populations that were anything but euthyroid. Thyroid aside, the whole article is still a great read, because it talks about decline in health due to endocrine disruptors. It seems that FDA is finally starting to pay attention to the dangers those pose, but whether the FDA will manage to convince the EPA to regulate levels of those disruptors in the environment is very much doubtful...

FDA must do more to regulate thousands of chemicals added to your food - CNN

"..."We're talking about each child losing roughly 2% of her lifetime economic productivity on average with the loss of one IQ point, or $20,000," Trasande said. "You multiply that across four million kids born each year and that's a lot of zeros and a huge impact on our economy. "So this is more than a mom and baby story. This is really about the future of our ability to compete in the global economy." Scientists used to think that it was a baby's thyroid hormone level that was important to brain development. Studies have now shown that a shift in an expecting mother's thyroid hormone, "even if it's so subtle it doesn't show up on a clinical test," can have consequences to a child's future development, Trasande said. It's all too easy for a pregnant woman or parent to tip the scales into toxic territory. Take, for example, a dinner of organic vegetables stored in plastic wrap, steamed in nonstick cookware with tap water as a beverage. The plastic wrap can contain chlorine, the nonstick cookware is made with perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), and the vegetables and drinking water may contain nitrates from fertilizers, which often leach into ground water, especially in agricultural areas. All three of those chemicals are known endocrine disrupters. A review of the last five years of research by Trasande found an "explosion of evidence" about the negative impact on our health of such chemicals in agricultural pesticides and plastic or other containers used in manufacturing that touch our food. The dangers extend beyond pregnancy. Any negative impact of food additives will be much worse for children of any age, said Dr. Margaret Cuomo, author of "A World Without Cancer," a book that explores environmental impacts on cancer risk."

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G My high estrogen won't drop. Help Ask For Help or Advice 27
theantagonist How much ml in one drop, idealabs bottle dropper? IdeaLabs 5
D Big Drop In Body Temperature While Walking Thyroid and Hormones 7
yerrag Drop All Charges Against Assange, Trump! Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 6
N Low Cortisol At Night Causing Drop In Sugar -- Waking Up Frequently Blood Sugar 12
Deadpool 1 Drop Of Thyroid Gave Me A Panic Attack? Ask For Help or Advice 38
Such_Umami Visceral Fat Drop Strategy Ask For Help or Advice 0
LucyL No. 1 Milk Company Declares Bankruptcy Amid Drop In Demand Miscellaneous Health Discussions 25
haidut Drop In Androgen Levels Causes Parkinson Disease (PD), DHT Reverses It Scientific Studies 39
L Thorne Research - Vitamin K2 Liquid (1 Mg/drop) - 30 Ml (Dosage, Expiration, Storage) K 7
D Suggestions For Dealing With Sudden Temperature Drop Metabolism 4
Drareg Sperm Count Drop 'may Lead To Human Extinction' Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 53
cyclops Why Do Women's Progesterone Levels Drop After Giving Birth? Female Issues 15
N Temperature Drop After Exercise Metabolism 7
nikkmm Significant Pulse Drop At Night Combined With Major Anxiety And Breathlessness. Any Ideas? Ask For Help or Advice 16
haidut Pregnenolone, Progesterone And DHEA Drop, Cortisol Rises In Aging Scientific Studies 26
S Liquid Supplement Drop Size Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
haidut Despite 10% Drop In Caloric Intake, Childhood Obesity On The Rise In The USA Scientific Studies 5
S Are You Interested In A Retinol Supplement With 15,000 IU Per Drop? Health Natura 19
SarahBeara Stressors drop skin temperature in hens Articles & Scientific Studies 0
bornamachine Vitamin E Caused Temperature Drop. E 13
haidut Significant drop in mortality when doctors are away from work Scientific Studies 5
R Progest-E: Dosage, Drop Size Progesterone 8
charlie Mexican Coke Faces Extinction, May Drop Cane Sugar for HFCS Soda (Mexican Coke, Pepsi, etc.) 20
4peatssake "Even on the mornings that you don't drop dead... Ray Peat Quotes 2
BingDing Potato egg drop soup Recipes 3
S What caused a major drop in T levels and metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 0
Brandin Poll: hopefully disproving my mom in her theory that This forum is a bunch of Nazis... Polls 63
E My Mom Tested Positive For COVID Does COVID Develop Lung Nodules? Ask For Help or Advice 5
R Step-Mom And Step-Daughter Engage In Psychological Operation In Front Of Camera Cliff McCrary 80
Tristan Loscha VEGAN MULTI-VITAMIN MOM Discussing Dietary Models 0
Velve921 My Mom Is Choosing To Get Off Her Anti-Depressants After 20 Years Female Issues 50
Velve921 My Mom Takes Trazodone Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 4
P "Bodybuilder Mom Died From A Protein Overdose" Or Articles & Scientific Studies 5
T Recommended Levothyroxine Dose For Mom W/Thyroid Removed Ask For Help or Advice 5
M Progesterone - Urticaria, Joint Stiffness, Arthrosis: Help For My Mom Progesterone 24
Bahaa El wazzan Mom's Varicose Please Help Ask For Help or Advice 21
B Helping Mom With Alzheimer's Ask For Help or Advice 4
F Mom with Graves' disease, taking Methimazole / selenium, not sure what to tell her Ask For Help or Advice 1
I Advice For My Mom - Pacemaker? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 8
sunmountain new, need help single mom: thyroid and progest-e Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 249
charlie Paralyzed Mom Goes Duct Taped Surfing! The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 1
David PS Ray Peat Interview Jodellfit - Dr Ray Peat - Hormone Replacement, Thyroid, Frequent Snacking, Chronic Fatigue and more Q&A Interviews 4
ecstatichamster Can you get atrial fibrillation from thyroid supplementation Science 4
Q Taking thyroid vs red light on thyroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
Shontelle Thyroid, inflammation, infertility Blood Work, Labs 7
Vileplume Supplementing thyroid, heart rate lowering a TON — lowered adrenaline? Good thing? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 1
Mauritio GABA decreases flouride inuced hypothyroidism; more effective than thyroid hormone Thyroid and Hormones 11
E Been taking thyroid for months and still no improvements Synthetic Thyroid 4
F Help interpreting Thyroid Blood Work. Blood Work, Labs 3