Piroxicam vs Meloxicam vs Aspirin for cancer

TranceWax

I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight and knowledge around Piroxicam, Meloxicam and Aspirin. My knowledge is limited and I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I don't have much time due to my dog having cancer near to the prostate.

The vets suggested chemo but this is going to cost thousands and there's no guarantees with that and the next best thing is NSAIDs which leads me to a few questions in which hopefully someone here can help with. As you can expect the vets are keen to go down the Piroxicam and Meloxicam route as they don't know much about Aspirin use for cancer. We've tried a few other vets in and around the area and no one seems to know much about Aspirin use for cancer and although many of you will recommend Aspirin, I can't seem to convince the vet to try it.

I need to make a decision today as my dog is currently not on any treatment and I don't know what's the best thing to do here. My questions are from my limited understanding that COX-1 and COX 2 play a role in cancer, what are the mechanisms/pathways to which they play their part in cancer? And also, if aspirin is a COX-1 and COX-2 inhibitor then would Meloxicam be the next best thing? (just incase my vet flat out won't use it)

I'm also aware that COX-2 can have an effect on the stomach and intestinal linings, whatever drug we decide to use, would Glycine help protect the stomach and intestinal linings?

Thanks for taking the time to read and any replies or even links would be a great help to me and my dog and I'll be sure to pass on anything I learn from this group to help others in the future.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals