Aspirin (but Not Other NSAID) Treats Barrett’s Esophagus And Possibly GERD

Hairfedup

It can irritate the stomach, but only in the short term, for people who aren't used to it. Long term, the stomach builds up a resistance to it.
Personally, I think the tablet excipients are just as bad if not worse than the aspirin itself.

The studies which showed damaged used 100x the human dose, but still, let's be on the safe side.

I personally dissolve aspirin powder (not a tablet) in hot water, by adding 1/3tsp of baking soda. This has been shown to prevent ALL damages to the gut in a 1977 paper. So I suspect it is either the tablet excipients or the aspirin crystals themselves which are harmful to the gut, not aspirin as a chemical compound. If you dissolve it, there are no issues.

You can then add gelatin powder, and let it fizz out a little bit. The role of gelatin is bc aspirin tends to deplete glycine, so you need to supplement it when taking aspirin. (If I don't, I get tinnitus)

Honey is also very good for GERD/GI tract problems. So if you mix in honey with the concoction I mentioned above, you would have the perfect drink for GI tract issues. As a testimony, during a time of grave illness, my esophagus problems were so bad that I couldn't swallow any solid food without choking nearly to death. An aspirin drink daily or more, over several months, has allowed me to almost fully recover from that state

Wonderful, I'm going to try this. Could someone please expand on the smoking cessation? Its the only motivation/way I have of quitting, otherwise no matter how bad my GERD and digestive issues get, I can't seem to quit - and I'm already smoking naturals.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
how much aspirin powder do you use? Also do you mix the gelatin in with the aspirin and baking soda?
thanks!

It can irritate the stomach, but only in the short term, for people who aren't used to it. Long term, the stomach builds up a resistance to it.
Personally, I think the tablet excipients are just as bad if not worse than the aspirin itself.

The studies which showed damaged used 100x the human dose, but still, let's be on the safe side.

I personally dissolve aspirin powder (not a tablet) in hot water, by adding 1/3tsp of baking soda. This has been shown to prevent ALL damages to the gut in a 1977 paper. So I suspect it is either the tablet excipients or the aspirin crystals themselves which are harmful to the gut, not aspirin as a chemical compound. If you dissolve it, there are no issues.

You can then add gelatin powder, and let it fizz out a little bit. The role of gelatin is bc aspirin tends to deplete glycine, so you need to supplement it when taking aspirin. (If I don't, I get tinnitus)

Honey is also very good for GERD/GI tract problems. So if you mix in honey with the concoction I mentioned above, you would have the perfect drink for GI tract issues. As a testimony, during a time of grave illness, my esophagus problems were so bad that I couldn't swallow any solid food without choking nearly to death. An aspirin drink daily or more, over several months, has allowed me to almost fully recover from that state

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the explanation. I personally use aspirin powder, but I don't dissolve it in any liquid. I have to say, I have never had a stomach issue, that I could feel, with aspirin. However, I took Masterjohn's advice and use it with glycine or collagen (gelatin) just in case. I have not buffered it, mostly because he had mentioned that aspirin should not be taken at the same time as the buffering agent (he went on in a video to explain why). I really don't have any issues with aspirin, but I was a bit confused, as mentioned in my post.

How much powdered aspirin and how much glycine do you use? Do you mix them together in warm water? Once a day? With meals? Thanks!

Hairfedup

Thank you for the explanation. I personally use aspirin powder, but I don't dissolve it in any liquid. I have to say, I have never had a stomach issue, that I could feel, with aspirin. However, I took Masterjohn's advice and use it with glycine or collagen (gelatin) just in case. I have not buffered it, mostly because he had mentioned that aspirin should not be taken at the same time as the buffering agent (he went on in a video to explain why). I really don't have any issues with aspirin, but I was a bit confused, as mentioned in my post.

Can you please explain what you mean by buffering? Thank you.

Inaut

Where do you get your aspirin powder from amigo? Locally or online?

mrchibbs

Where do you get your aspirin powder from amigo? Locally or online?

The best powder quality is Health Natura's, but in terms of costs, Aniprin makes more sense. That's what I use at the moment. I bought a tub of aniprin aspirin off ebay and I keep it in my freezer and onle take out a little at a time. Aniprin can have a slight vinegar smell, but it's not too bad.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Yes i would love to know also! Hope he responds.

copied from another thread:
I eye ball it to be honest. Roughly 500mg of aspirin + 1/2tsp of baking soda and 1/2tsp of gelatin usually, mix all three dry ingredients with a spoon and then cover with an inch of boiling water, everything should dissolve completely, you can stir it a little to help it along. After that I typically fill the rest of the glass with juice.

Dave Clark

Can you please explain what you mean by buffering? Thank you.
It is just an alkalizing agent, like sodium bicarbonate, to neutralize the acidity of aspirin.
Some old brands I believe, like Bufferin, used calcium, etc. to buffer the acidity.

Inaut

You can then add gelatin powder, and let it fizz out a little bit. The role of gelatin is bc aspirin tends to deplete glycine, so you need to supplement it when taking aspirin.

I've been doing this before bed the last few nights and I sleep like a baby. Quick to fall asleep and stay asleep. 2 aspirin tablets (gericare) with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda followed by some gelatin once the buffering stops.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I've been doing this before bed the last few nights and I sleep like a baby. Quick to fall asleep and stay asleep. 2 aspirin tablets (gericare) with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda followed by some gelatin once the buffering stops.

Hello. Do you normally have reflux at night? I do every night. I’m going to start this routine tonight. Do you have less reflux during the day also? thanks!

Inaut

Hello. Do you normally have reflux at night? I do every night. I’m going to start this routine tonight. Do you have less reflux during the day also? thanks!

My reflux is on and off depending on what I eat so it's hard to say. I don't think I've had much reflux at night after taking this stack though. Shout out to my man Chibbsy

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
My reflux is on and off depending on what I eat so it's hard to say. I don't think I've had much reflux at night after taking this stack though. Shout out to my man Chibbsy
Excellent thanks!

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
It is just an alkalizing agent, like sodium bicarbonate, to neutralize the acidity of aspirin.
Some old brands I believe, like Bufferin, used calcium, etc. to buffer the acidity.
How many mg of aspirin do you take at a time? And how much glycine? I read somewhere to take 500 mg aspirin, which equals to 1/8 teaspoon. Does that sound correct?

Dave Clark

How many mg of aspirin do you take at a time? And how much glycine? I read somewhere to take 500 mg aspirin, which equals to 1/8 teaspoon. Does that sound correct?
Well, the Aniprin (not sure of the name is correct, it is the equine brand) comes out to about 200mg/1/8 tsp, at least when I did the measurements on my micro scale. I remember Peat saying to use about 300mg/day, I use an eighth teaspoon /day, but more if I feel I am dealing with some inflammation. Also, there are days I take less or none at all if I am using a supplement that has blood thinning effects. I personally haven't noticed any negative effects from the aspirin at those doses. I know some here use them, but I don't go into the gram range for dosing, I think dose makes the problem, so to speak. Same old deal, everybody is different and you have to pay attention to side effects that may effect you , but don't effect other people. I am using the collagen instead of glycine right now, but I think I used about a half teaspoon.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Well, the Aniprin (not sure of the name is correct, it is the equine brand) comes out to about 200mg/1/8 tsp, at least when I did the measurements on my micro scale. I remember Peat saying to use about 300mg/day, I use an eighth teaspoon /day, but more if I feel I am dealing with some inflammation. Also, there are days I take less or none at all if I am using a supplement that has blood thinning effects. I personally haven't noticed any negative effects from the aspirin at those doses. I know some here use them, but I don't go into the gram range for dosing, I think dose makes the problem, so to speak. Same old deal, everybody is different and you have to pay attention to side effects that may effect you , but don't effect other people. I am using the collagen instead of glycine right now, but I think I used about a half teaspoon.
Got it. Ok thanks! Last question...
Do you add the 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to the 1/8 aspirin, stir and add warm water? Then add the 1/2 tablespoon gelatin to that wet mix, after the fixing stops?

Last night I added the 3 dried powers together, then added warm water and drank it. I had a ton of heartburn in the night, which is not normal for me. I’m thinking maybe I need to take it earlier in the night also, not right before bed.

Dave Clark

Got it. Ok thanks! Last question...
Do you add the 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to the 1/8 aspirin, stir and add warm water? Then add the 1/2 tablespoon gelatin to that wet mix, after the fixing stops?

Last night I added the 3 dried powers together, then added warm water and drank it. I had a ton of heartburn in the night, which is not normal for me. I’m thinking maybe I need to take it earlier in the night also, not right before bed.
I personally use gelatin in place of glycine, but Masterjohn talks about using glycine. If I remember correctly, he says to use the bicarbonate separately after using the aspirin and glycine together. I can't find the video where he says that, maybe do a search. I would use the aspirin with glycine only, unless you don't have glycine, then gelatin might be an okay substitute. Then later on do the bicarbonate. The bicarbonate helps alkalize the urine and helps clear the salicylate. I think self experimentation is what will be best for you, since you may have other digestive issues underlying or you may be reacting to one or more of the ingredients. I can take aspirin with anything and not have symptoms, but others not so much, it is very individualized.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I personally use gelatin in place of glycine, but Masterjohn talks about using glycine. If I remember correctly, he says to use the bicarbonate separately after using the aspirin and glycine together. I can't find the video where he says that, maybe do a search. I would use the aspirin with glycine only, unless you don't have glycine, then gelatin might be an okay substitute. Then later on do the bicarbonate. The bicarbonate helps alkalize the urine and helps clear the salicylate. I think self experimentation is what will be best for you, since you may have other digestive issues underlying or you may be reacting to one or more of the ingredients. I can take aspirin with anything and not have symptoms, but others not so much, it is very individualized.
Got it! Ok thanks!

Hairfedup

Does anyone know the dosage from the study cited in the topic? I think I've been developing Barret's for some time now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals