Soluble Aspirin "highly Effective" Against Brain Cancer

haidut

Forum Supporter
When I saw these news articles I thought it is both sad and uplifting at the same time. Sad, for the tremendous amount of disinformation on aspirin out there. In this day and age, the ability of salicylic acid to cross the BBB should be known to clinicians and there should be no need to develop "special" aspirin derivatives with purportedly superior effects just so that some pharma company can charge a premium. Uplifting, because little by little big pharma is getting ready to admit what Peat has known for decades - that aspirin can prevent any cancer and cure many of the already established ones.

How liquid aspirin could help fight brain cancer
Soluble aspirin boost to tumour study

"...A truly soluble aspirin has been hailed as a "potential game-changer" for research into brain cancer. Brain tumours are hard to treat with many conventional cancer drugs because they struggle to get across the blood-brain barrier, the charity Brain Tumour Research said. But the new formulation of true liquid aspirin significantly increases the ability of drugs to cross this protective membrane, the charity said. The solution, which combines reformulated aspirin with two additional ingredients, was created by Innovate Pharmaceuticals. And researchers from the Brain Tumour Research Centre of Excellence at the University of Portsmouth have conducted a series of lab tests on glioblastoma cancer cells using the formula. Their findings, which are to be presented to the Brain Tumours 2016 conference in Warsaw, Poland, suggest the solution could be "highly effective" against glioblastoma - the most aggressive form of brain tumour."

PakPik

Wow!
Reminds me of this website info I came across earlier this year. I can already see a theme with aspirin: in the right dose it lowers/controls immunosuppressive factors while increasing the effector kind of immune functions. And all of this while providing good cellular metabolic support

Re-educating the Immune System | Astrocytoma Options
"In 2011, Hideho Okada (corresponding author) and coworkers at the University of Pittsburgh published mouse studies (45) showing that low dose aspirin or the COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib could inhibit gliomagenesis and increase mouse survival. Aspirin treatment was effective only when started at day 0, before mice had established tumours. Both aspirin and celecoxib significantly reduced plasma levels of the immunosuppressive prostaglandin PGE2. The effects of aspirin on the immune environment in the mice were then investigated in more deatail. Early aspirin treatment significantly reduced the RNA expression of Ccl2 in the glioma tissue of treated mice. Ccl2 is a chemokine that attracts immunosuppressive myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC). Aspirin-treated mice also had higher RNA levels of Cxcl10 in the tumour environment. Cxcl10 is a chemokine that attracts activated T cells. Aspirin-treated mice also exhibited lower levels of granulocytic myeloid derived suppressor cells in the tumours and bone marrow. Aspirin treatment inhibited the expression of the immunosuppressive molecule Nos2 (inducible nitric oxide synthase) by granulocytic MDSCs in the tumour, spleen and bone marrow, and by monocytic MDSCs within the tumour. Aspirin-treated mice had increased levels of glioma-infiltrating CD8+ T cells with increased effector functions.

The dose of aspirin given to the mice in this study was 10 mg/kg mouse body weight per day. This is likely comparable to low doses of 80 mg aspirin in humans, the dose commonly used for prevention of angina and heart attack in those at risk.
"

paymanz

thats just plain aspirin right?the way ray recommends to mix it in water and drink.aspirin is soluble in water.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
thats just plain aspirin right?the way ray recommends to mix it in water and drink.aspirin is soluble in water.

Yep, amazing how much the marketing machine can spin things and make them look like some groundbreaking discovery. I guess I'd rather have that so that peopel finally start to get treated with aspirin for cancer than have the medical industry continue to live in denial and make money by killing more people.
Anyways, just like you said, plain old aspirin dissolved in water should work just fine. Any other aspirin salt like sodium and magnesium salicylate should also work.

Sheik

Question: how much aspirin is recommended for someone who has had cancer already and is cancer free? Or anyone for that matter?

mirc12354

Yep, amazing how much the marketing machine can spin things and make them look like some groundbreaking discovery. I guess I'd rather have that so that peopel finally start to get treated with aspirin for cancer than have the medical industry continue to live in denial and make money by killing more people.
Anyways, just like you said, plain old aspirin dissolved in water should work just fine. Any other aspirin salt like sodium and magnesium salicylate should also work.

Most of the cases of sleep apnea I have seen were due to low CO2 (confirmed by multiple blood tests). As soon as these people upped their sugar and vitamin B1 intake their symptoms went away. Some people tried lower dose acetazolamide (250mg) and that solved it too. Some people found breathing in a paper bag also helped but the results were not as consistent as with thiamine and acetazolamide. So, anti-serotonin drugs may help bu I think addressing the low CO2 more directly would be a better approach. And there are the rare cases of mechanical issues like swollen vocal cords and severe phlegm buildup. Both are related to clinical hypothyroidism, so both seem to respond well to T3. If there is some structural damage due to trauma or disease, then I don't know how helpful these methods will be.
Does it matter if you dissolve it in water or not in terms of aspirin's specific effects?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does it matter if you dissolve it in water or not in terms of aspirin's specific effects?

No, salicylic acid can cross the BBB no matter what form it is ingested in - powder, pill or liquid.

It really is so amazing what aspirin can do but I do get sad sometimes because people really don't know about this research. I have tried to share this info with other people but no one will believe me. I can tell they always think I am touting some crazy couldn't be true(or my doctor would have told me) cancer cure. Even if they have to find a way to reformulate it(ie liquify) and charge more for it , I will be thrilled when clinicians will finally start using it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It really is so amazing what aspirin can do but I do get sad sometimes because people really don't know about this research. I have tried to share this info with other people but no one will believe me. I can tell they always think I am touting some crazy couldn't be true(or my doctor would have told me) cancer cure. Even if they have to find a way to reformulate it(ie liquify) and charge more for it , I will be thrilled when clinicians will finally start using it.

It is amazing how these close-minded people change overnight after a bit of a serotonin antagonist. I have found doctors themselves to respond most dramatically with increases in open mindedness after some anti-serotonin treatment. It comes down to being so routinized and stressed that you are afraid to question anything, especially beliefs that have to do with life/health.

Shrinking brain tumours with liquid aspirin
www.braintumourresearch.org
vials-of-frozen-brain-tumour-cells-about-to-be-thawed-for-use-in-new-experiments.tmb-detail.jpg
A new drug, known as IP1867B, could be used for future treatments of brain tumours.

Dr Richard Hill led the research team at the Brain Tumour Research Centre at University of Portsmouth, working with the University of Algarve (Portugal), the University of Liverpool (UK) and Innovate Pharmaceuticals to examine IP1867B.

The research team showed that IP1867B - which is a novel formulation, combining reformulated aspirin with triacetin and saccharin, into a soluble form - worked with existing cancer treatments boosting their effectiveness and, in some cases, restored sensitivity to some treatments.

The success rate for brain cancer therapies has been limited due to a combination of factors, such as the tumour’s ability to hide from and develop resistance to the treatment; excessive side effects; the treatment not being clinically effective; and the lack of penetration through the blood brain barrier - IP1867B was shown to be effective at avoiding all of these limiting factors.

In a new study, published in the highly-rated journal, Cancer Letters, IP1867B was shown to reduce the size of adult high-grade glioma brain tumours in a mouse model, while reducing the gastrointestinal tract problems experienced with conventional aspirin tablets. This research suggests that IP1867B could be effective against glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) brain tumours.

The publication of this research in Cancer Letters demonstrates the quality of research undertaken by Dr Hill who said: “To produce a completely new drug takes many years and is very expensive. By focusing our efforts on testing novel formulation techniques, we can move closer to a treatment more quickly than would otherwise be possible.

“We will continue to urgently investigate which drugs will combine most effectively and safely with IP1867B, to improve these results even further and reduce the need for long-term use. There is still much work to be done, but many reasons to be excited for future studies.”

Related reading:

Katie Sheen, Research Manager at Brain Tumour Research, added: “Our work on combining drugs is a vital and key part of our ongoing developments in the fight against brain tumours, which are an incredibly complex form of cancer. Being able to take existing drugs that have already been approved for use in humans, developing them in novel ways and applying them in the treatment of brain tumours offers much hope fo

I love to invistigate BigPharma. @haidut you gonna like this.

This is a perfect example of that BigPharma tactic to distract from the real thing and to hide the real mechanism and mode of action. In this case I believe aspirin is being used as a cover up. There are studies and we all know that aspirin could put cancers in permament remission, it creats a perfect cove up. So aspirin in this formulation is being proposed as a drug and glyceryl triacetate as a carrier. This is their patent GB2533669A - Salicylate compound composition - Google Patents
"In some embodiments the concentration of the salicylate compound, preferably aspirin, may be 0.5 to 3 wt% and/or the concentration of the glycerol derivative, preferably glycerin triacetate, may be 94 to 99 wt%. In some embodiments the concentration of saccharin compound, preferably saccharin, may be 0.1 to 3 wt°"

Patent inventors are
Jason Cohen Simon and Hurst Craig
Jason's linkedin page says he got Master's degree in Education from the University of Vermont in Higher Education https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonfsimon

And surpisingly(not really) there is a sientist from University of Vermont Professor of Neurological Sciences Diane M. Jaworski, Ph.D
Jaworski Research Uncovers Mechanism Linked to Brain Cancer Tumor Growth

"In the search for sorely-needed new therapies, Jaworski, Long and colleagues examined ASPA (aspartoacylase), an enzyme that breaks down a compound called N-acetyl-L-aspartate (NAA) into the amino acid aspartate and acetate. NAA is the brain’s primary storage form of acetate, which plays a critical role in allowing genes to be turned on and off. In glioma, NAA levels and ASPA expression are decreased; thus, reducing acetate bioavailability.

A hallmark of all cancers is global hypoacetylation,” explains Jaworski. “Most notably, the lack of acetate silences tumor suppressor genes, the ‘brakes’ that limit cell division.”

Long and Jaworski wondered if supplementing with NAA could increase ASPA expression, and acetate levels, thereby reducing proliferation. The results of their study, published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry were surprising. NAA and another source of acetate in the brain, N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), increased, rather than decreased, the proliferation of glioma stem cells. Hence, NAA, or NAAG, would not be an effective therapy.

Jaworski and Long were stumped. “Why was this therapy causing proliferation?” they wondered. The pivotal answer came to them in-flight: Adding more NAA will only generate acetate if ASPA is functional. “We needed another acetate source!” exclaims Jaworski. However, the additional source needed to be able to cross the blood-brain barrier and not require ASPA.

The key solution turned out to be an FDA-approved food additive – glyceryl triacetate (GTA) – used to treat Canavan disease, an inherited disorder that causes progressive damage to nerve cells in the brain."

So what we have here is synergy of GTA and aspirin, but the same old way as they always lie and hide the truth.

And again GTA was once propused by NASA as an alternative source of energy for human consumption and its belived to be possible to obtain up to 50% of calories from it.
https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19680025022_1968025022.pdf

So I would speculate, if cancer is metabolic disease, glyceryl triacetate changes metabolic pathways to get out from "stacked cancer metabolism"

In that patent something atracted my attention. They mention saccharine too much. But I thought its a sweetener why to mention it a lot?. It was so suspicious to talk about saccharine too much.
I googled.
Could saccharin be used to treat aggressive cancers?
https://www.researchgate.net/public...arin_be_a_lead_compound_in_anticancer_therapy
Saccharine is a carbonic anhydrase IX(9) inhibitor SELECTIVE TO IX(9) TYPE!!!!
Carbonic anhydrase 9 - Wikipedia
Clinical significance[edit]
CA IX is a transmembrane protein and is a tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase isoenzyme. It is over-expressed in VHL mutated clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) and hypoxic solid tumors, but is low-expressed in normal kidney and most other normal tissues. It may be involved in cell proliferation and transformation. This gene is mapped to 9p13-p12.[7]

CA IX is a cellular biomarker of hypoxia. Furthermore, recent studies examining the association between CA IX levels and various clinicopathological outcomes suggest that CA IX expression may also be a valuable prognostic indicator for overall survival[20] although this association has been questioned.[21]

CA IX shows high expression in carcinomas of the uterine cervix, kidney, oesophagus, lung, breast, colon, brain, and vulva compared to expression in few noncancerous tissues.[22][11] Its overexpression in cancerous tissues compared to normal ones is due to hypoxic conditions in the tumor microenvironment caused by abnormal vasculature and subsequent transcriptional activation by HIF-1 binding.[17] In clear cell renal carcinomas, CA IX shows high expression under normoxia due to a mutation in the VHL gene that normally negatively regulates HIF-1.[22] Because of its overexpression in many types of cancer and low expression in normal tissues, CAIX has become a useful target for clear cell RCC and breast cancer tumor imaging in mice.[23][24]

CA IX plays a very significant role in tumor acidification as it has very high catalytic activity with the highest rate of proton transfer of the known CAs.[25] The enzyme converts carbon dioxide outside of the tumor into bicarbonate and protons, contributing to extracellular acidosis and promoting tumor growth by regulating the pH of the cytosol.[10]

As a drug target[edit]
Because of its low expression in normal tissues and overexpression in many cancer tissues, CA IX has also become a desirable drug target. Girentuximab, an antibody that binds to CA IX, failed to improve disease-free as well as overall survival of patients with clear cell RCC in Phase III clinical trials.[26]

However, a number of small molecules have been used to inhibit CA IX. The main classes of these inhibitors are inorganic anions, sulfonamides, phenols, and coumarins.[15] Anions and sulfonamides inhibit CA IX by coordinating the zinc ion within CA IX while phenols bind to the zinc-coordinated water molecule.[15] Coumarins serve as mechanism-based inhibitors that are hydrolyzed by the enzyme to form a cis-2-hydroxy-cinnamic acid derivative that then binds to the active site.[

ASPIRIN + GTA + SACCHARIN combination is a powerful pro-metabolic solution as far as I see.

UPDT something more atracted my attention.
From wiki :"However, it is inhibited by bicarbonate.[19]"
Old buddy sodium bicarbonate for cancer...

One more update. Sorry.

Glycerol inhibits glycolysys!!!
Glycolysis in Bloodstream Form Trypanosoma brucei Can Be Understood in Terms of the Kinetics of the Glycolytic Enzymes
Under anaerobic conditions Gly-3-P is converted to glycerol by GK (2). As the ΔG0′ of this reaction is strongly positive, glycerol effectively inhibits glycolysis at low concentrations (50% inhibition at 0.8 mM) (39). In the model, glycolysis was also inhibited by glycerol (Fig. 2)

Last edited:
Inhibitory Effects of Glycerol on Growth and Invasion of Human Oral Cancer Cell Lines
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jhtb/20/1/20_1_37/_pdf
Further, it was demonstrated that the mechanisms of glycerol for inhibiting growth and invasion of the cancer cell lines are inhibition of G1/S phase transition of the cancer cell lines, apoptosis induction, and an inability of cancer cells to use glycerol as an energy substrate.

Im suggesting renaming of this thread to aspirin + gta + ca to kill cancer or something like this.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone know what the does of Aspirin used in this study was.

Soren

Forum Supporter
The research relates to liquid aspirin. This is different from soluble aspirin that you can buy.

This is a devious ploy by the pharmaceutical companies so they can re-brand what is essentially regular aspirin as a patentable drug and then charge a lot of money for it. Read the initial post on this thread and you'll see that Haidut points this out.