Next Best Thing To Aspirin? Meloxicam?

Mick123

Hi,

So, I've known about some of the "superpowers" that aspirin possesses - especially that it lowers inflammation and prevents cancer.

But it does posess some very nasty side effects - especially concerning ulcers. And I have a particularly sensitive gut - and a lot of the time I end up with gastritis (and microulcers). This is all caused by foods that I am sensitive to that cause such a reaction and inflammation - I am probably a case that is one of its kind.
I probably have some kind of MCAS/MCAD also.

I find Meloxicam very useful - it lowers inflammation (eg. in joints) and stops headaches for me.
And as can be seen in many papers it also stops cancers (can't publish links yet):

Meloxicam Executes Its Antitumor Effects against Hepatocellular Carcinoma in COX-2- Dependent and -Independent Pathways

Meloxicam inhibits the growth of non-small cell lung cancer

Effective antiproliferative effect of meloxicam on prostate cancer cells: development of a new controlled release system.

Unfortunately, prolonged use of aspirin in my case will most probably in:
- gastritis, ulcers
- full-blown allergy
Much milder drugs caused me similar reactions.

So the question is: can Meloxicam be used as a safe alternative to aspirin? How effective will it be long-term?
Will it have side-effects? Is it worth it (esp. in my particular clinical situation)?

Meloxicam is approved for long-term, low-dose:
FDA approves low-dose meloxicam medication for osteoarthritis
(also google for low-dose meloxicam)

Mick

postman

If you lower intake of PUFA to less than 4 g per day and take vitamin E you should eventually, after a long time, get about the same benefit that aspirin gives.

White willow might be worth trying, it's what aspirin is based on and I'd imagine it's less harsh. I don't know if it works as well as aspirin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals