Phyto-TESTOSTERONE? Does It Exist? Phytoestrogens?

SOMO

-Serotonin in bananas: Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Related Compounds in Bananas. - PubMed - NCBI
(Same study also claims Adrenaline/Norepinephrine also exists in bananas)

-Melatonin in bell peppers: Simultaneous analysis of serotonin, melatonin, piceid and resveratrol in fruits using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. - PubMed - NCBI

-Phytoestrogen in Soy: Soy and phytoestrogens: possible side effects

-Phytoestrogen in Flax: The pros and cons of phytoestrogens

-Progesterone/Progestins in Wild Yams: Estrogen activities and the cellular effects of natural progesterone from wild yam extract in mcf-7 human breast cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

---
It seems like every hormone exists in some form in plants. It makes sense that nature would "reuse" molecules to accomplish similar features (kind of like how Yeast use Estrogen to reproduce, just like animals). Thus far, it seems like every animal hormone or neurotransmitter has a plant/phyto equivalent. There's plenty of herbs (Tongkat Ali, Maca, Tribulus, etc.) which claim to raise testosterone, but these herbs are not phyto-testosterones.

The only phyto-hormone I haven't heard much about is Phyto-Testosterone? Why would plants not use Testosterone as an endocrine disruptor against female organisms that consume the plant much the same way that plants use phytoestrogens to disrupt reproduction? Does phyto-testosterone even exist?

MrThyroid

-Serotonin in bananas: Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Related Compounds in Bananas. - PubMed - NCBI
(Same study also claims Adrenaline/Norepinephrine also exists in bananas)

-Melatonin in bell peppers: Simultaneous analysis of serotonin, melatonin, piceid and resveratrol in fruits using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. - PubMed - NCBI

-Phytoestrogen in Soy: Soy and phytoestrogens: possible side effects

-Phytoestrogen in Flax: The pros and cons of phytoestrogens

-Progesterone/Progestins in Wild Yams: Estrogen activities and the cellular effects of natural progesterone from wild yam extract in mcf-7 human breast cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

---
It seems like every hormone exists in some form in plants. It makes sense that nature would "reuse" molecules to accomplish similar features (kind of like how Yeast use Estrogen to reproduce, just like animals). Thus far, it seems like every animal hormone or neurotransmitter has a plant/phyto equivalent. There's plenty of herbs (Tongkat Ali, Maca, Tribulus, etc.) which claim to raise testosterone, but these herbs are not phyto-testosterones.

The only phyto-hormone I haven't heard much about is Phyto-Testosterone? Why would plants not use Testosterone as an endocrine disruptor against female organisms that consume the plant much the same way that plants use phytoestrogens to disrupt reproduction? Does phyto-testosterone even exist?
because testosterone makes you to a man and mans dont collect tiny plants they want hunt and eat beef. Plants need time, patients and love to grow up

LeeLemonoil

If I recall correctly holy basil has anti androgenic effecs comparable with soy and mint.

The study quoted suspects a pyhtoandrogen / plant-based androgen analouge in Holy Basil. On the oter hand it is tradtionally used as a contraceptive. Hard to tell, would not discard it as "anti-androgen" so easily, context matters

Momado965

The study quoted suspects a pyhtoandrogen / plant-based androgen analouge in Holy Basil. On the oter hand it is tradtionally used as a contraceptive. Hard to tell, would not discard it as "anti-androgen" so easily, context matters

Why don't you stick to the "truer" sources of phyto androgens... I have this phyto androgen recipe which tastes heavenly.

MrThyroid

why i should take any androgens doenst make sence. Better increase your own androgen synthesis makes more sence to me

Momado965

Please share that recipe

Sure. You may want to buy chocolate without estrogenic additives and then melt it in a pot to make a fondue. As the chocolate is melting add in the pine pollen and a TBS of MCT oil. Wash berries, bananas, and grapes then lay on plate and dip. Enjoy. There's another tasty recipe but this one will do just as good.

Last edited:

Momado965

why i should take any androgens doenst make sence. Better increase your own androgen synthesis makes more sence to me

Those plants not only contain hormones but also precursors, agonists, antagonists, adaptogenic substances. Hormones actually high enogh to exert physiological effects. Amazing stuff.

dq139

Sure. You may want to buy chocolate without estrogenic additives and then melt it in a pot to make a fondue. As the chocolate is melting add in the pine pollen and a TBS of MCT oil. Wash berries, bananas, and grapes. There's another tasty recipe but this one will do just as good.

Thanks for sharing & Sounds good!

MrThyroid

Those plants not only contain hormones but also precursors, agonists, antagonists, adaptogenic substances. Hormones actually high enogh to exert physiological effects. Amazing stuff.
the only substances which i would take for my hormonal health are red korean panax ginseng, gingko , coffe, aspirin, alot of carbs and some protein. Because those things increase cyp450 enzymes which are responsible for androgen production. Everything else doenst help significantly.
Of course you also want a stable diet which support your hormonal health but i think we all have this with raypeat

Momado965

the only substances which i would take for my hormonal health are red korean panax ginseng, gingko , coffe, aspirin, alot of carbs and some protein. Because those things increase cyp450 enzymes which are responsible for androgen production. Everything else doenst help significantly.
Of course you also want a stable diet which support your hormonal health but i think we all have this with raypeat

If you mean other than ashwaganda, pine pollen and some metals then yes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals