Palpitations

raypeatclips

The past few weeks I have been experiencing a single heartbeat that feels lighter than the others, a small palpitation maybe, like it has missed a beat, then the next one is normal. This has been happening maybe once or twice a day for a couple of weeks now. Anybody experienced this, or have any ideas?

Aged 25, male. Have doctors appointment booked but earliest available was in several weeks time.

Thanks.

ddjd

What supplements have you been taking. Have you made any changes in your diet / supplements that coincides with these Palps?

Arnold Grape

The past few weeks I have been experiencing a single heartbeat that feels lighter than the others, a small palpitation maybe, like it has missed a beat, then the next one is normal. This has been happening maybe once or twice a day for a couple of weeks now. Anybody experienced this, or have any ideas?

Aged 25, male. Have doctors appointment booked but earliest available was in several weeks time.

Thanks.
If they diagnose you with Atrial Fibrillation (which doctors will if your heart if out of sinus rhythm) a few things will happen in rapid succession: you might be directed to a hospital; you will be prescribed Coumadin and possibly a Calcium Channel Blocker. They will also probably want to perform a cardioversion. When this happened with me, my doctor freaked and said he would send me to a hospital by ambulance -- I think this is possibly for liability issues in USA because thereafter it seemed nearly irrelevant if the heart was out of sinus rhythm. In the meanwhile, I would try a magnesium bicarbonate drink and see if that settles things down.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Gave you tried magnesium

Not recently, I'll try an Epsom salt bath.

What supplements have you been taking. Have you made any changes in your diet / supplements that coincides with these Palps?

Diet is mainly unchanged but a little more relaxed than before, eaten a little bit more wheat, not daily maybe every other day. I wondered about this and stopped wheat for a few days and it didn't change anything. I've stopped all supplements as well, I'm definitely low vitamin D so that was probably a silly idea.

If they diagnose you with Atrial Fibrillation (which doctors will if your heart if out of sinus rhythm) a few things will happen in rapid succession: you might be directed to a hospital; you will be prescribed Coumadin and possibly a Calcium Channel Blocker. They will also probably want to perform a cardioversion. When this happened with me, my doctor freaked and said he would send me to a hospital by ambulance -- I think this is possibly for liability issues in USA because thereafter it seemed nearly irrelevant if the heart was out of sinus rhythm. In the meanwhile, I would try a magnesium bicarbonate drink and see if that settles things down.

I'm not in USA not sure I'll get rushed to a hospital but I don't think it's anything worth rushing to a hospital for its just irritating.

saene

My mother has had chronic issues with irregular heartbeat on and off since starting a peat-ish diet and things which have helped included increasing salt and magnesium. We also realized that they start or worsen after taking high dose niacinamide or too much k2. obviously 25 yo male is different than postmenopausal femal, but hope this can be helpful, best of luck.

If they diagnose you with Atrial Fibrillation (which doctors will if your heart if out of sinus rhythm) a few things will happen in rapid succession
I had this at 18 years old and I never made it past the primary care doctor.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Thanks.
Do you have any other symptoms?

bluewren

Are you on thyroid meds? This happens to me when I have too much T3......,

trance

This just happened to me. Were you able to fix the Afib over time?

Arnold Grape

Hi there and sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. There are various things to address which may lower your heart rate or reduce the instances of atrial fibrillation over time. As noted above, Magnesium bicarbonate drink is a good thing to supplement, where the symptoms are related to a deficiency. I also believe that lowering serotonin to a healthy degree is beneficial. To answer your question, I have been able to reduce the symptoms, although the a-fib is never quite gone.

trance

Hi there and sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. There are various things to address which may lower your heart rate or reduce the instances of atrial fibrillation over time. As noted above, Magnesium bicarbonate drink is a good thing to supplement, where the symptoms are related to a deficiency. I also believe that lowering serotonin to a healthy degree is beneficial. To answer your question, I have been able to reduce the symptoms, although the a-fib is never quite gone.
Thank you Arnold. Do you continue to use the calcium channel blockers and the blood thinners?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals