Out of breath - ALWAYS

iLoveSugar

I am always out of breath. Laying down is the worst. I have been to the doctor, heart doctor, pulmonary, etc. I do have some breathing issues, but don't want to live on inhalers. I currently do not take any.

I used to sleep well at night when taping mouth, but now it doesn't help at all. I also have to use a nose strip to open nose or I can't use tape.

I need to figure out why I am always out of breath though. Fluttering and constant heavy breathing is no fun at all.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am always out of breath. Laying down is the worst. I have been to the doctor, heart doctor, pulmonary, etc. I do have some breathing issues, but don't want to live on inhalers. I currently do not take any.

I used to sleep well at night when taping mouth, but now it doesn't help at all. I also have to use a nose strip to open nose or I can't use tape.

I need to figure out why I am always out of breath though. Fluttering and constant heavy breathing is no fun at all.

A classic sign/symptoms of irritated GI tract, which you said you have had for years at this point. Not sure what have you tried to resolve that GI issue, but if you find something that works for that the breathing issues will probably abate too.

daphne134

A classic sign/symptoms of irritated GI tract, which you said you have had for years at this point. Not sure what have you tried to resolve that GI issue, but if you find something that works for that the breathing issues will probably abate too.

That is so interesting. When I heard the caller at the memorial say Peat helped her solve quiet reflux I realized I have that. It's a subtle feeling I hadn't noticed, but since then I've been noticing some foods give me this barely perceptible reflux. And I've been struggling with breathing my whole life. In elementary school PE, when we had to run, I was 2nd to slowest, until the slowest girl lost excess weight, and then I was consistently the slowest, due to not being able to fill my lungs. I also had very weak muscles, couldn't do a chin-up even if the teacher lifted me up the bar - I sank immediately. I assume that was an oxygenation issue. I enjoyed forms of exercise that weren't too strenuous, like graceful dancing or yoga. As a late teen and young adult, I smoked a lot, because it didn't seem to matter. I was almost equally out of breath whether I was smoking or had quit. I would love to know more about this connection between GI and breathing difficulties.

PeskyPeater

the asthma may be from gut irritation that releases serotonin and the longues deactivate serotonin. using ginger powder in warm milk of the goat or jersey cow with honey and sugar helps to regulate serotonin in the gut and is anti inflammatory, like aspirin is.

hyper ventilation reduces CO2 and [shifting] the sugar burning towards fat release, blocking oxidative respiration. the mitochondria can be stimulated to increase energy with the pro dopamine chlorogenic acids from coffee or decafé, taken with sugar and honey with cream. And block PUFA fat release with vitamin E before sleep and some aspirin [helps restorative sleep and improves recovery]

Angelica sinensis or Dong Qaui improves sugar burning is calming , anti-inflammatory , anti-diabetic, pro-metabolic
Works well with Bai Zhu Atractylodes also good for the gut
Both these herbs are pro-GABA giving calm energy and reducing stress from serotonin

Medicine-food herb: Angelica sinensis, a potential therapeutic hope for Alzheimer's disease and related complications - PubMed
Atractylodes oil alleviates diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome by regulating intestinal inflammation and intestinal barrier via SCF/c-kit and MLCK/MLC2 pathways
Atractylodis Rhizoma: A review of its traditional uses, phytochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and quality control

[edits]

[added]
Coffee Abundant in Chlorogenic Acids Reduces Abdominal Fat in Overweight Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial
According to a human clinical trial comparing daily consumption of roasted coffee containing 359 mg CGA and placebo coffee for one week, repeated consumption of CGA decreased the respiratory quotient and increased oxygen consumption [34], which means that both energy expenditure and fat oxidation were increased. Furthermore, feeding green coffee bean extract containing CGA to mice with diet-induced obesity affects body fat accumulation, with a dose-dependent inhibition of the increase in body weight and accumulation of visceral fat and liver fat [35].

Last edited:

Peachy

Is it an asthmatic breathlessness or hypoxic, gasping for oxygen? And what do you mean by fluttering?

Z

Zsazsa

IDK if it is the same, but I noticed that when my husband takes Mg glycinate or taurate at bed time, his sleep is completely snore-less. He sleeps the whole night with the mouth closed. I think in his case it is related with glutamate.

pizzaball1000

Were the sensations of shortness of breath and heart rate changes preceded by any headaches? shoulder pain?, Burning/numbness/tingling in the arm? any history of whiplash?... This is not a heart attack question, but a thoracic outlet question. It can cause a lot of non-pain related symptoms. I am a PT.

Deborah888

I've had both asthma and air-hunger and they are very different. Thankfully my asthma is almost non-existent now (gave a cat away and addressed my allergies). But the air hunger with out-of-breath symptom comes and goes with pms symptoms weirdly. Haven't figured that one out but for me it's obviously hormonal. Vitamin E is the only thing that has significantly helped my terrible pms, but it makes me bruise more easily so I can't take a much as I want to.

Peachy

I've had both asthma and air-hunger and they are very different. Thankfully my asthma is almost non-existent now (gave a cat away and addressed my allergies). But the air hunger with out-of-breath symptom comes and goes with pms symptoms weirdly. Haven't figured that one out but for me it's obviously hormonal. Vitamin E is the only thing that has significantly helped my terrible pms, but it makes me bruise more easily so I can't take a much as I want to.
Air hunger is a great way to describe it. My, how I suffered with this in the past. I landed on dysautonomia as a good explanation. Affected by hormones for sure.

But I think the root is low cellular energy.

cs3000

being out of breath a lot is also a main symptom of iron deficiency.
ppl commonly say they "cant get a full breath". and dizziness is common too. exercise intolerance.
do you know your iron levels? (hemoglobin + transferrin saturation + ferritin)

if not someone here mentioned famotidine solving a decades long cough. could be worth a shot
ensuring your living space is free from visible mold

or another general test could be trying a flavanoid Therapeutic role of flavonoids in lung inflammatory disorders
Flavonoids have been shown to have a pharmacologic effect on airway inflammatory cells by decreasing neutrophil infiltration and decline in TNF-α, IL-6, and NO making pulmonary phagocytes (Lago et al., 2014). Therefore, flavonoids can be valuable and beneficial in lessening the development of lung diseases such as COPD, lung cancer, ARDS, and asthma
Like naringin or luteolin ~100mg. but they probably chelate iron so good to make sure iron is adequate

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I couldn't agree more Haidut. My entire life has been riddled with digestive issues. Pain, cramping, urge to go immediately, slow transit, etc. You name it, I've had/have it. I'm much more cautious now over the past 12 years that I have been Peating, but still struggle mightily. Nose is constantly clogged. I've tried antibiotics, daily carrot salad, cascara, cyprophetadine, etc. My stomach has always sucked. I agree 100% it's central.
the asthma may be from gut irritation that releases serotonin and the longues deactivate serotonin. using ginger powder in warm milk of the goat or jersey cow with honey and sugar helps to regulate serotonin in the gut and is anti inflammatory, like aspirin is.

hyper ventilation reduces CO2 and [shifting] the sugar burning towards fat release, blocking oxidative respiration. the mitochondria can be stimulated to increase energy with the pro dopamine chlorogenic acids from coffee or decafé, taken with sugar and honey with cream. And block PUFA fat release with vitamin E before sleep and some aspirin [helps restorative sleep and improves recovery]

Angelica sinensis or Dong Qaui improves sugar burning is calming , anti-inflammatory , anti-diabetic, pro-metabolic
Works well with Bai Zhu Atractylodes also good for the gut
Both these herbs are pro-GABA giving calm energy and reducing stress from serotonin

Medicine-food herb: Angelica sinensis, a potential therapeutic hope for Alzheimer's disease and related complications - PubMed
Atractylodes oil alleviates diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome by regulating intestinal inflammation and intestinal barrier via SCF/c-kit and MLCK/MLC2 pathways
Atractylodis Rhizoma: A review of its traditional uses, phytochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and quality control

[edits]

[added]
Coffee Abundant in Chlorogenic Acids Reduces Abdominal Fat in Overweight Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial
I do take aspirin daily. Never tried or heard of the herbs.
Buteyko Breathing can be very helpful. Check out normalbreathing.com
Tried multiple times and I just struggle. My nose is always clogged/stuffed. Nose breathing when laying down is so hard without a nose strip.
Is it an asthmatic breathlessness or hypoxic, gasping for oxygen? And what do you mean by fluttering?
Both. And fluttering has in fast pulse at times, skipped beats, etc.
IDK if it is the same, but I noticed that when my husband takes Mg glycinate or taurate at bed time, his sleep is completely snore-less. He sleeps the whole night with the mouth closed. I think in his case it is related with glutamate.
I used to take glycinate years ago. I should try again. Do you think 1 or both are more to credit?
Were the sensations of shortness of breath and heart rate changes preceded by any headaches? shoulder pain?, Burning/numbness/tingling in the arm? any history of whiplash?... This is not a heart attack question, but a thoracic outlet question. It can cause a lot of non-pain related symptoms. I am a PT.
No. Its chronic at this point.
being out of breath a lot is also a main symptom of iron deficiency.
ppl commonly say they "cant get a full breath". and dizziness is common too. exercise intolerance.
do you know your iron levels? (hemoglobin + transferrin saturation + ferritin)

if not someone here mentioned famotidine solving a decades long cough. could be worth a shot
ensuring your living space is free from visible mold

or another general test could be trying a flavanoid Therapeutic role of flavonoids in lung inflammatory disorders
Flavonoids have been shown to have a pharmacologic effect on airway inflammatory cells by decreasing neutrophil infiltration and decline in TNF-α, IL-6, and NO making pulmonary phagocytes (Lago et al., 2014). Therefore, flavonoids can be valuable and beneficial in lessening the development of lung diseases such as COPD, lung cancer, ARDS, and asthma
Like naringin or luteolin ~100mg. but they probably chelate iron so good to make sure iron is adequate
I eat so much meat that the only way I am low in iron is that if something is medically wrong and interfering. Previous iron tests were good though.

Peachy

Read about dysautonomia (mitral valve prolapse syndrome - the syndrome without the prolapse). Not necessarily for a diagnosis, but for insight. Especially with the fluttering you describe.

Magnesium is one thing that's important. Valerian root can help with the symptoms (I like the tincture but it tastes awful). Someone here said Peat mentioned it too and it can promote healthy progesterone.

Z

Zsazsa

I used to take glycinate years ago. I should try again. Do you think 1 or both are more to credit?
For me the magnesium types are hit or miss, very personal choice, also depends on the moment... For a long time I could only tolerate MgO and MgOH, Mg Taurate is a nice surprise which I expected would work well for hubby, but was unsure for myself. Both glycunate and taurate are supposed to be especially helpful for glutamate.

cs3000

I eat so much meat that the only way I am low in iron is that if something is medically wrong and interfering. Previous iron tests were good though.

well 1. you've had bad digestion issues for a while so iron absorption impairment might be likely. and if you have some slow bleeds in the gut from this over months or even years then thats more iron loss
2. you take aspirin often too, which chelates iron
3. coffee drinker, chelates iron.
also if diet is high in polyphenols (olive oil, tea, many supplements), chelates iron, reduces the iron absorption from meat its cooked in / ate with. same thing with eating meat with phytic acid foods like wheat
serum iron isn't enough of a tell needs to be the full iron panel to get an idea of where levels are at

but if not then maybe 1 of the other things mentioned could be worth a try.
flavanoids have some promise going by that paper. but they are polyphenols so

PeterSN

I have the exact same symptoms, shortness of breath, heart arrythmias, i have a few theories to what it could be, it's gut related for sure, maybe sibo or ccandida/fugus overgrowth perhaps. Sugary foods gives me alot of gas. Could be endotoxin exposure to the organs causing issues, also increased estrogen from the serotonin that you would get fermenting things in the gut could give you more pvcs, arrythmias and such,( ray had a rabbit study on it).

I also think a paraesphogeal hiatal hernia could be a possibility, if the stomach is always pressured by bloating, gas or lifting weights

redsun

I have the exact same symptoms, shortness of breath, heart arrythmias, i have a few theories to what it could be, it's gut related for sure, maybe sibo or ccandida/fugus overgrowth perhaps. Sugary foods gives me alot of gas. Could be endotoxin exposure to the organs causing issues, also increased estrogen from the serotonin that you would get fermenting things in the gut could give you more pvcs, arrythmias and such,( ray had a rabbit study on it).

I also think a paraesphogeal hiatal hernia could be a possibility, if the stomach is always pressured by bloating, gas or lifting weights
It took me some time to read your lab results from october because I dont know what language it was in. But your MCV was low and your RBC count was elevated. RBC count elevates due to low oxygen levels to compensate. Low MCV is usually iron deficiency anemia which explains all your symptoms. Low iron will also compromise energy production. You probably need iron. This is why you are severely intolerant to exercise and even have breathlessness being sedentary working at a computer. Low iron will lead to poor oxygenation and low ATP. Its not a gut issue, you need iron.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals